What Unique Interests Do You Have?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've always been drawn to skyscrapers and skylines. Just something about them I really enjoy. I could stare at a skyline for hours. I also know way too much about skyscrapers. I can pretty much tell you any city's tallest building and it's height off the top of my head. :D

Seattle, Washington - One of the best skylines in the country IMO
104540684-GettyImages-530874379.1910x1000.jpg

I'm also incredibly proficient at geography. It was a subject I attached to right away as a child and I never let go. I used to freehand draw maps as a kid. My mom kept several. It was a trip to revisit a lot of them when we found them after she passed). I literally study maps for fun. Often times I will run over to Google Maps and just start looking around in my spare time. I literally missed my calling to be a civil engineer/urban planner. My own fault for never following it through (chase your dreams kids!)

When the wife and I travel and we end up in foreign big cities, I challenge myself to never use GPS. My wife has been very coy about it over the years, careful not to stroke my ego. haha This last trip I took us through a metro area to our destination several times and she finally was like, "FINE! I will admit it. You're good!" :laugh:

16219118437_ffafffc01c_b.jpg

Well, I know that all sounds incredibly boring to most of you but I would still like to know what unique interests you have!!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
They aren't exactly unique, but these are my hobbies
  • I love architecture and used to collect skyscraper coffee table books, but that got out of control as they are big and heavy and you can't keep 15+ of them on your coffee table! hah
  • I'm a winemaker. I make both grape wines and country wines (aka fruit wines, though I mostly give these away as gifts)
  • I'm a licensed ham radio operator (extra class)
  • I'm an astronomer and astrophotographer (you can find some of my deep sky images in past threads here) I used to do a lot of public outreach for astronomy and was a board member of a large Astronomical Society.
  • I play guitar. I played for about seven years (89-96ish), took around a ten year hiatus and then started playing again around 2007 and I have played ever since. I don't play with bands or anything. It's just a hobby.
  • I fiddle around with building and repairing electronics. I've been thinking about messing around with making homemade effects pedals for my guitar.
  • I have a small wood shop, but most of my tools have been at a friends house when I moved into an apartment. I will be getting those back soon since I just purchased a home. (waiting on the workshop / shed to be built)
  • I love cartography. I follow this guy on G+ that draws handmade maps. (lots of D&D campaign maps)
  • I catch farts and paint them green.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Airports and airplanes, love sitting at the bar or next to a window watching them come and go. Whenever I drive on the 405 stuck in LA traffic, planes literally fly right over the freeway about to land at LAX......it is amazing to me.

chagus

Reaction score
I've always had an affinity for spiders. They are my spirit creatures.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yes!!! Louie had been paroled!! Think I’ll have to take him to a garbage dump so he can breath again,and get reaclimated to his normal self. The ungrateful dirtbag spit on my shoes at the pick up gate.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm interested in understanding the true origins of mankind,the why& what for reasons his spirit essence is promised eternal damnation into a place called Hell after being judged to be of substandard worth while alive and in trying to understand the vast extreme swings his inherently warlike human nature is capable of,,,like say ,the abject cruelty of the Spanish Inquisition, in which they would draw& quarter a living fellow human being or burned at the stake,over nothing more than an indoctrinated belief( or lack thereof) of some professed physically unprovable dictates, to say, the composed harmonious beauty of a Symphony Orchestra,,,while it's not entirely unique,,,I am interested in that ,as far as hobbies or directing the energies of my trivial pursuits?
I have Zero in that regardo_O

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm interested in understanding the true origins of mankind,the why& what for reasons his spirit essence is promised eternal damnation into a place called Hell after being judged to be of substandard worth while alive and in trying to understand the vast extreme swings his inherently warlike human nature is capable of,,,like say ,the abject cruelty of the Spanish Inquisition, in which they would draw& quarter a living fellow human being or burned at the stake,over nothing more than an indoctrinated belief( or lack thereof) of some professed physically unprovable dictates, to say, the composed harmonious beauty of a Symphony Orchestra,,,while it's not entirely unique,,,I am interested in that ,as far as hobbies or directing the energies of my trivial pursuits?
I have Zero in that regardo_O
Man has always made their own rules and continue to do so. We are inherently selfish.
How they do is what they are. No matter what name, or theme they try to hide their actions behind.