What Unique Interests Do You Have?

chagus

Reaction score
There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

And spiders.
Nah bud. No need to fear spiders at all. Just know which ones can be dangerous (black widow and brown recluse) and the rest...well let them do what they do: kill your insect pests. Insects spread disease and can decimate crops . Spiders dont. Hope this helps... GO COWBOYS!!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Does this mean the quested pursuit of my interest is finally at it's end?o_O
Nope, for Man's heart is ever-changing and a fickle beast.
Selfishness will always be his greatest downfall, but who are we to tell absolutes about something so complex?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Nope, for Man's heart is ever-changing and a fickle beast.
Selfishness will always be his greatest downfall, but who are we to tell absolutes about something so complex?
I Copy!

* interest pursuit mode is hereby reengaged,,,

Corso

Reaction score
Nah bud. No need to fear spiders at all. Just know which ones can be dangerous (black widow and brown recluse) and the rest...well let them do what they do: kill your insect pests. Insects spread disease and can decimate crops . Spiders dont. Hope this helps... GO COWBOYS!!!
I remember, while gathering wood, being stung by a scorpion 6 times in the hand and it wasn't a big deal.

I mean, the initial shock was a bit whoa, but bee stings were worse.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I remember, while gathering wood, being stung by a scorpion 6 times in the hand and it wasn't a big deal.

Whew,I've been tagged by several during my mobile home trailer setting up& take apart days,,,mostly from laying on them under the house cuz' they'll bury themselves into the dust, ,, always felt like laying down on a lit cigarette to me,,,& I've seen some damn ner' as big as the palm of yer' hand with fingers extended.

chagus

Reaction score

Dude... i cant stand wasps. Nature's little a**holes. At least bees give us honey and pollinate our crops. And yeah... humans got the idea for paper from wasps but still! Wasps. Nope.

chagus

Reaction score

And yeah... you piss off a scorpion and hes gonna just BAMN BAMN BAMN! Just jab that stinger like crazy!

Corso

Reaction score
Dude... i cant stand wasps. Nature's little a**holes. At least bees give us honey and pollinate our crops. And yeah... humans got the idea for paper from wasps but still! Wasps. Nope.
I remember the bees in Austin being angry and ugly.
The bees here, in El Paso, are so nice and friendly...

Lots of bumblebees too- which I can do nothing, but stare at their graceful obesity dancing through flowers...

Gorgeous stuff.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
What’s even worse is Satan’s demon friends...the “Bed Bug”!! Those things don’t just bite you,and feed on your blood,the little evil vindictive monsters wait till you’re sleeping ...then gotta go and scribble graffiti all over your body because they think it’s funny!!

Corso

Reaction score
What’s even worse is Satan’s demon friends...the “Bed Bug”!! Those things don’t just bite you,and feed on your blood,the little evil vindictive monsters wait till you’re sleeping ...then gotta go and scribble graffiti all over your body because they think it’s funny!!
I once stayed at a B&B by the Gila mountains and our neighbor told us the next morning they had bed bugs.

I'm extremely glad we didn't.

Gorgeous area with zero light pollution though.
We got to straight up look at the Milky Way with our naked eyes.

Mind blowing.

Corso

Reaction score
They aren't exactly unique, but these are my hobbies
  • I love architecture and used to collect skyscraper coffee table books, but that got out of control as they are big and heavy and you can't keep 15+ of them on your coffee table! hah
  • I'm a winemaker. I make both grape wines and country wines (aka fruit wines, though I mostly give these away as gifts)
  • I'm a licensed ham radio operator (extra class)
  • I'm an astronomer and astrophotographer (you can find some of my deep sky images in past threads here) I used to do a lot of public outreach for astronomy and was a board member of a large Astronomical Society.
  • I play guitar. I played for about seven years (89-96ish), took around a ten year hiatus and then started playing again around 2007 and I have played ever since. I don't play with bands or anything. It's just a hobby.
  • I fiddle around with building and repairing electronics. I've been thinking about messing around with making homemade effects pedals for my guitar.
  • I have a small wood shop, but most of my tools have been at a friends house when I moved into an apartment. I will be getting those back soon since I just purchased a home. (waiting on the workshop / shed to be built)
  • I love cartography. I follow this guy on G+ that draws handmade maps. (lots of D&D campaign maps)
  • I catch farts and paint them green.
I would straight up love to spend an evening with you. You and @cern .
Just talking...

About anything and everything.

You aren't near El Paso, are you?

Corso

Reaction score
The thing about dogs, you can never really appreciate their beauty until you take one into your family. They are amazing creatures.
And they are family. They, generally, want nothing more than to be family.
I have two. A big and a little. They are beloved and they know it.
I want more, but I don't have the space.

I can't even go by an adoption center because I want them all.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I once stayed at a B&B by the Gila mountains and our neighbor told us the next morning they had bed bugs.

I'm extremely glad we didn't.

Gorgeous area with zero light pollution though.
We got to straight up look at the Milky Way with our naked eyes.

Mind blowing.
Trust me...you don’t ever want to deal those treacherous beings. The itching never stops,and the designs of their penmenship takes about a month to go away. Looks like a miniature figure skater went skating on ice. No idea what purpose that thing has in the universe,other than to drive a sane man mad.

Corso

Reaction score
Trust me...you don’t ever want to deal those treacherous beings. The itching never stops,and the designs of their penmenship takes about a month to go away. Looks like a miniature figure skater went skating on ice. No idea what purpose that thing has in the universe,other than to drive a sane man mad.
Holy diabolicism, Batman!

chagus

Reaction score
I remember the bees in Austin being angry and ugly.
The bees here, in El Paso, are so nice and friendly...

Lots of bumblebees too- which I can do nothing, but stare at their graceful obesity dancing through flowers.

Wonderful observations!