What Unique Interests Do You Have?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dude... i cant stand wasps. Nature's little a**holes. At least bees give us honey and pollinate our crops. And yeah... humans got the idea for paper from wasps but still! Wasps. Nope.
:lmao: Dude,one time,I was way out off the beaten trail doing a service call to a gas customer home & while walking across the car port to the door of the house ,I glanced up & noticed an active yellowjack nest up in the rafters, well,as I was walking under it I'd brushed my hair back( I'd vowed to not cut my hair nor enjoy the fruit of the vine since the 08 prez election,,, but that's something completely differento_O) and re adjusted my hat and one of those nasty hell spawned S.O.B. had dropped down and got tangled up in the back of my hair and tagged me square where the cerebral cortex enters the back of the skull ,,,WOWEEIE!,,,that venomous direct brain injection fuzzed me frickin' fiercely, I was getting chills while sweating & being dizzy for like 20 minutes while driving the hell outta' there( nobody was home& I was prolly 45 minutes off the blacktop) I remember trying to groove to the new found sensation,,, but it hurt TO DAMN BADo_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
My wife hates this, but I love to make farting noises in elevators with people and then shift away from them...

She hates laughing, but she can never help it.
:lmao: that's a Hoot:lmao2:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao: Dude,one time,I was way out off the beaten trail doing a service call to a gas customer home & while walking across the car port to the door of the house ,I glanced up & noticed an active yellowjack nest up in the rafters, well,as I was walking under it I'd brushed my hair back( I'd vowed to not cut my hair nor enjoy the fruit of the vine since the 08 prez election,,, but that's something completely differento_O) and re adjusted my hat and one of those nasty hell spawned S.O.B. had dropped down and got tangled up in the back of my hair and tagged me square where the cerebral cortex enters the back of the skull ,,,WOWEEIE!,,,that venomous direct brain injection fuzzed me frickin' fiercely, I was getting chills while sweating & being dizzy for like 20 minutes while driving the hell outta' there( nobody was home& I was prolly 45 minutes off the blacktop) I remember trying to groove to the new found sensation,,, but it hurt TO DAMN BADo_O
THIS, explains a lot. I need to use this wasp to the cerebral cortex, brilliant, BRILLIANT!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife hates this, but I love to make farting noises in elevators with people and then shift away from them...

She hates laughing, but she can never help it.
She should feel proud. You could be doing that in the elevators alone.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I am obsessed with different forms of governance. I can talk to you at lengthy about the virtues of monarchy (elective, primogeniture, ultimogeniture. etc;), democracy (and it's variants), dictatorship (yeah, there are a few....), and so on.

Secondly, I love history, particularly economical and military history.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I would straight up love to spend an evening with you. You and @cern .
Just talking...

About anything and everything.

You aren't near El Paso, are you?

Born and raised in Fort Worth. Moved to Dallas area for work until I was about 30. Then moved to the NYC tri-state area and have been here since around Jan 2005.

If you want to catch me in my raw state. Expect vulgarities, but only in a fun and friendly manner. I'm generally not an ugly hateful person. I only play one on the Internetz!

Maybe we can clash in the D/FW area when I'm visiting family!

Peace, love, and EAD!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I asked for unique interests and somebody posted my worst fear (spiders!!) :laugh: Haha All good man, to each their own. Not for me though.

I also realized I said "I literally" one too many times in my original post. My bad everybody. LOL

Anyways, some interesting posts in here. Thanks for sharing all. ;)

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I've always been drawn to skyscrapers and skylines. Just something about them I really enjoy. I could stare at a skyline for hours. I also know way too much about skyscrapers. I can pretty much tell you any city's tallest building and it's height off the top of my head. :D

Seattle, Washington - One of the best skylines in the country IMO
104540684-GettyImages-530874379.1910x1000.jpg

I'm also incredibly proficient at geography. It was a subject I attached to right away as a child and I never let go. I used to freehand draw maps as a kid. My mom kept several. It was a trip to revisit a lot of them when we found them after she passed). I literally study maps for fun. Often times I will run over to Google Maps and just start looking around in my spare time. I literally missed my calling to be a civil engineer/urban planner. My own fault for never following it through (chase your dreams kids!)

When the wife and I travel and we end up in foreign big cities, I challenge myself to never use GPS. My wife has been very coy about it over the years, careful not to stroke my ego. haha This last trip I took us through a metro area to our destination several times and she finally was like, "FINE! I will admit it. You're good!" :laugh:

16219118437_ffafffc01c_b.jpg

Well, I know that all sounds incredibly boring to most of you but I would still like to know what unique interests you have!!

Awesome post.

nobody

Reaction score
I am obsessed with different forms of governance. I can talk to you at lengthy about the virtues of monarchy (elective, primogeniture, ultimogeniture. etc;), democracy (and it's variants), dictatorship (yeah, there are a few....), and so on.

Secondly, I love history, particularly economical and military history.

What about a Leviathan form of gov't? Does that interest you?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
What about a Leviathan form of gov't? Does that interest you?
It's an interesting notion; absolute power vested in a single individual does work well in absolute/total war, but in peacetime it only leads to corruption.