What was the worst coaching move by Garrett in the 2018-2019 season?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes bit it the SAME group EVERY DAY, DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY that spews their hatred and continually whines saying the same things over and over and over and over and over. This hatred serves no purpose other than giving that group their daily fix on hatred.

Garrett gives us new material all the time. When and If Garrett figures out how to coach or is no longer a puppet, or stops making stupid decisions then the hatred will stop. When new things constantly come up it reason to keep complaining.

Do you like have Garrett as our coach? Do you think he is quality coaching?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Focusing on 1 decision detracts from the real issues with Garrett.

Garrett is not as bad as many people claim but he does not give the team an advantage that the elite Head Coaches give their teams.

The overall lack of adjustments in the Rams game was the worst aspect of the overall Cowboys coaching staff for the season.

Garrett is horrid. HE is every big as horrid as people say.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Garrett-Top consistently allowed Dak and Linahan to call running plays into 8 and 9 man fronts all season long. They are in shot-gun formation way too much also.

Oh, and the punt coverage play where Goodwin or Lenoir hit the ball carrier 7 yards out of bounds at the 15 yard line garnering the 15 yard personal foul penalty. When the guilty party ran across the field and onto the sideline Garrett-Top was clapping the whole time and patting the culprit on the back saying "way to go".....What IS that!!?
He showed up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure it is. I must have missed that SB win JG got for us.

lol - well, nobody restricted this website to people who have some sense of logic and even a minimum level of reading comprehension. You are proof of that.

Go read my post and think about what it says. It doesn't say what your nonsensical mind apparently thinks it does.

Zman5

Reaction score
lol - well, nobody restricted this website to people who have some sense of logic and even a minimum level of reading comprehension. You are proof of that.

Go read my post and think about what it says. It doesn't say what your nonsensical mind apparently thinks it does.

LOL.. Yeh ok buddy. We know you are good with mediocrity.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL.. Yeh ok buddy. We know you are good with mediocrity.

Lol - Ben of that were true it would be miles about what you are good with. You seem perfectly fine with having the reading comprehension level of a 6 year old. Those story problems in schoOl must have kicked your ***.

Zman5

Reaction score
Lol - Ben of that were true it would be miles about what you are good with. You seem perfectly fine with having the reading comprehension level of a 6 year old. Those story problems in schoOl must have kicked your ***.

Nice comeback. Talk about level of a 6 year old. LOL.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My first thought was hiring Paul Alexander to screw up the offensive line.

But upon further reflection, I think sticking with Scott Linehan was the bigger mistake.

That led to:

• Kellen Moore and an unprepared quarterback coach
  • Frank Pollack being fired which resulted in Alexander's hire
  • Dez Bryant being realized and the notorious receiver-by-committee decision
  • The firing of multiple other assistants
  • Another wasted year of a coordinator who didn't understand his own team
That was the big one for me, and I'm glad for that change if nothing else.

+1
Offensive management was the problem. It's hard to tell how much of that was Linehan, but if he's the nominal OC, you start there as the problem.

But I was fine with the Alexander hire. Not fine with the management of him. It was just wacky to overturn the applecart on 3 perennial pro bowlers, maybe 3 HOFers. Alexander's experience would have been great to offer these guys options for fine tuning.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice comeback. Talk about level of a 6 year old. LOL.

When you have something to write that actually has content and makes an attempt at reasonable conversation, please come back. Until then, assuming that’s even possible for you, leave the nonsense alone because it appears your only purpose here is to be a troll.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
'There is no draft to look forward to because Oakland has our pick.' -
There is plenty of draft capital left to spend. We gave up a 1st round pick, not EVERY pick.

'The offense is most likely going to be the same if they name Kellen Moore the OC.' -
Yes, it will be similar. Three divisional round appearances in 5 years means they aren't going to make wholesale changes.

'We basically skip Free Agency.' -
We basically don't have the cap space to sign the players we need to keep AND make the kind of splashy FA acquisitions you're alluding to.

'Everyone besides Jerry and some homers have identified the problem with our coach and that is what fans want to talk about because there is just nothing else right now. 10+ years with Garrett has brought a lot of frustration to the fan base because people are tired of the same old offseason and results from this coach.' -
Yeah, you know football better than Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett. You should post your resume. So do all those fans you mentioned. The only teams that have 'spectacular' off-season news are bad ones that change coaches or replace QBs. We aren't going to do that, nor should we.

ONCE AGAIN....we're the Dez 'non-catch' and a Crosby 50+ yard FG away(plus an all-world throw from Rodgers) from appearing in the NFCCG two times in 5 years. That's how razor thin the line is between winning and losing in the NFL. If we'd made those NFCCG appearances, you still wouldn't be happy, though. People like you never are.

Zman5

Reaction score
When you have something to write that actually has content and makes an attempt at reasonable conversation, please come back. Until then, assuming that’s even possible for you, leave the nonsense alone because it appears your only purpose here is to be a troll.

Typical 6 year old response. Calling anyone a troll who criticizes your clapping hero JG.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Typical 6 year old response. Calling anyone a troll who criticizes your clapping hero JG.

I call you a troll because you mindlessly post absent any concern for (or capability of?) logic or reason. If you have anything actually substantive to say about Garrett, please do so, and I will be happy to discuss, but if all you can do is post mindless nonsense, don't bother. Seems the best you have been able to pull out the last few posts is just repeating what you heard from me.

The funny thing is, you are too busy posting mindlessly to know I favor changing head coaches, and have posted that many times on this site, and was saying the same a year ago. But your response was just a mindless comment made without bothering to understand. Or without the capablilty. Again, when you learn to comprehend the written word, please come back and try again.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Garrett gives us new material all the time. When and If Garrett figures out how to coach or is no longer a puppet, or stops making stupid decisions then the hatred will stop. When new things constantly come up it reason to keep complaining.

Do you like have Garrett as our coach? Do you think he is quality coaching?

First, ALL coaches make mistakes, make bad play calls or do or don't go for it on 4th down or a multitude of things. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that there are so many Cowboys "fans" that make it a daily ritual to spew their hatred and thus far out of all the players that have played under his coaching and moved on there have only been 2 players to speak ill of Garrett. Not to mention that the coach Garrett replaced, Wade Phillips, just last week said that he holds to bad feelings over it and that Garrett is a better head coach than he was while here. So there are the same group that every day get their hatred comment going here. Another funny thing, not ha ha funny, if all this hatred that's spewed here actually did something other than just spew hatred then maybe it could be somewhat understood, but all this hatred does zip, nada, zero other than show that some "fans" think they are wannabe GM's with all the GM experience they've gained from their couches.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
First, ALL coaches make mistakes, make bad play calls or do or don't go for it on 4th down or a multitude of things. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that there are so many Cowboys "fans" that make it a daily ritual to spew their hatred and thus far out of all the players that have played under his coaching and moved on there have only been 2 players to speak ill of Garrett. Not to mention that the coach Garrett replaced, Wade Phillips, just last week said that he holds to bad feelings over it and that Garrett is a better head coach than he was while here. So there are the same group that every day get their hatred comment going here. Another funny thing, not ha ha funny, if all this hatred that's spewed here actually did something other than just spew hatred then maybe it could be somewhat understood, but all this hatred does zip, nada, zero other than show that some "fans" think they are wannabe GM's with all the GM experience they've gained from their couches.

Chalking up Garretts horror show of mistakes to "every HC makes mistakes" is just foolish. And he makes the same dumb mistakes over and over again. YOU would be a better HC then Garrett.

And its called venting.

So what do you come on here for? To wave your pompoms?

LOL...…..and NO CHANCE was Garrett better then Wade. Wade was at least a football guy and was a great DC. Garrett was a horror show as a OC, HC, calling plays, ect...ect…

Dre11

Reaction score
Not fixing the same old issues with the offense before the season. Remaining predictable and ignoring the chess side of football.

We're a completely player dependent team and get nothing from our offensive coaches.

They thought they could scheme guys open and figured out quickly they aren't good enough coaches to do that and had to trade away our #1 pick for Amari Cooper.

The morons identified Dez as the problem. So here we sit at the end of this year and Dez's complaints about the offense are still the main stream opinion of everyone and was validated with the release of Linehan.

Dak says otherwise:

David Helman (@HelmanDC) tweeted at 11:38 AM on Thu, Jan 31, 2019:
Dak said fan and media criticism of the Dallas offense for not using pre-snap motion and misdirection is “fair.” But he said having a RB talent like Zeke overrides some of that.

All due respect to Dak, but I think Todd Gurley and the L.A. Rams probably disagree. #cowboyswire https://t.co/DKJlZ1YLnV
()

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak says otherwise:

David Helman (@HelmanDC) tweeted at 11:38 AM on Thu, Jan 31, 2019:
Dak said fan and media criticism of the Dallas offense for not using pre-snap motion and misdirection is “fair.” But he said having a RB talent like Zeke overrides some of that.

All due respect to Dak, but I think Todd Gurley and the L.A. Rams probably disagree. #cowboyswire https://t.co/DKJlZ1YLnV
()

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

He said otherwise last year too when they were talking about the changes to the offense that ended with us having to trade our #1 pick for a WR because they couldn't scheme anyone open like they thought they could.

I'll just keep yawning until I actually see something.