What was your first automobile?

kmp77

Reaction score
Black Nissan 1992 B2200...

92b2200.jpg

Then a 1989 Nissan Pulsar after I totaled the truck....being 16 = dumb....

Pulsar89.jpg

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
2342_Revell_1968_Pontic_Firebird_.jpg

Mine did not have the 2 in 1 ram air but it pretty much looked like the one in the pic...same color.

1968 Firebird 350

It had Killer seatbelts......that were in a brown paper bag in the trunk lol.

I still kick myself in the butt for letting that car go.

Getting ready to go in the army and figured I would be gone and not be able to use it so I sold it......now I wish I would have kept it and sent some money home each month so my dad could take it somewhere and have it worked on.
:mad:

I can relate to that "wanting to kick yourself in the butt" feeling... back when I was a teenager, Dad got transferred to Heidelberg, Germany... this was in 1967, and we had to wait about 3 months before we could follow him over... when he finally secured housing for us on base, we had 2 cars at home... we garaged the family car, and sold the second one...

The second one was a 57 Bel Air convertible... dual quad 283...

Cars like that, in BAD condition, will go for 30-40 grand these days... completely restored, you're looking at 60 grand plus... man, do I wish we'd never gotten rid of that one...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
djdoug said:
a 72 plymouth fury 3 with a 350 and a holly 4 bbl carb.it could fit 6 people across the backseat.....comfortably.

My second ex-fiancee owned one of those rascules... I can testify that you're exaggerating about six people in the back seat...

But there wasn't much that two people of the opposite sex COULDN'T do back there... :p:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Don't you mean model A Ford :lmao2:

I forgot about that jalopy......maybe it was because I was pushing it more than I was driving it. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I forgot about that jalopy......maybe it was because I was pushing it more than I was driving it. :D
Or tearing it down whenever it scared the horses :laugh2:

VirusX

Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
what was your first automobile?

mine was a 79 chevy silverado 1/2 ton pickup with the 350 engine. loved that truck. :)

My first for me to drive was my brothers 93 Chevy Silverado...

MY First car purchase was a month ago and it was this beauty...

2004 Toyota Camry LE
2873672.jpg

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Or tearing it down whenever it scared the horses :laugh2:

:laugh2: Yeag that reminds me of another story I have to tell you one of theses days........it was something that happened a couple of weeks after I had bought a brand new 1967 GTO.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
1977 Celica that I bought in 1985 for $1,900... had 288,000 miles on it and still ran strong. Traded it in 3 years later and got $1,800 for it... lol.