What we should learn from this game

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The oldest saying in football comes to the fore again...... " Offense will get you to the big dance but DEFENSE will win it for you "

With Barrett and L David both being FA's soon we should be be seriously making a play for 1 if not both of them. Defense is where it is at and it shows through history. The Buccs did not even have the highest rated defense in the league but they have stars everywhere and a young home grown secondary that played lights out tonight shutting down Mahomes and that star studded offense.

We like our guys.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Brady is a statue. That said, I see him hang in the pocket pretty good during his career. I don't usually see him running around like he got shot in the foot. That was not an elite defense out there.

Two times I remember Brady under a lot pressure and both times he lost. Back in 2015 a lost to Denver in the playoffs when Ware and Miller were harassing him. And the first SB against the Giants. But he didn't play bad. Games were close. And against much tougher defenses than this Bucs team.

Sometimes it's about getting the ball out. Not running around like Bob Griese.

I see this clip....and am reminded the Texans are looking to deal JJ Watt....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
but you are aware that we have done it our way for 25 years and failed? Right LOL

but you are aware that teams do it this way every year and succeed? Right LOL
No only ONE team does it and succeeds lol....what about the other 20 teams that do it and fail? You aren't mentioning that lol. Nice try though.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
No matter how good your skill positions/QB are, if your RT is Chaz Green/Terrence Steele bad you don’t have a chance.

I think SF actually was better last year than TB was this year. But KCs OL was much worse for this game which is why they were able to slow down Bosa & Co last year and not TB this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
I see this clip....and am reminded the Texans are looking to deal JJ Watt....

Can he still play? He's also getting injured a lot lately. He's a 31 year old 17.5 million cap hit for 2021. He'd probably be a one year rental in a year the Cowboys are going to suck. I have very low expectations for 2021 Dallas.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Maybe I’m wrong here but did y’all notice Brady’s drop tonight. It seemed 10/15 yards. It was incredible. To me, if it was planned, getting a guy his age to a super deep 5-7 step drop quick was a great thing. It seemed abnormal. They’d switch between that and quick throws

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Forget Brady, Arians & Todd Bowles.
The thing to realize is the franchise with the worst winning % in league history has two SB wins since the Cowboys have even made a championship game.
Our fans cry about tanking, rebuilding, getting worst to get better. I would take 20 years of Tampa vs the 20 years of the Dallas Cowboys.

The dak trolls got a valuable lesson about defense today.

quickccc

Reaction score
The thing to realize is the franchise with the worst winning % in league history has two SB wins since the Cowboys have even made a championship game.
Our fans cry about tanking, rebuilding, getting worst to get better. I would take 20 years of Tampa vs the 20 years of the Dallas Cowboys.

you cannot just up and "forget " Arians, Brady and Bowles - that was the ingredients that prompted worst franchise in NFL starting with the Jamie Winston
overall draft .. new management ala HOFer John Lynch came in with his personnel-finance crew and they set a foundation stage that set up
recruits like Brady, Gronk and Antonio Brown ... they got a legit HC and a legit DC and they went out and got legendary Tom Brady who all his does is Win Championships ..and now its now just a Bill Belly NE Pats regime either.

and it's not like Bucs rolled dominantly thru the NFL season - they ended up wild cards and they flat out beat the best teams in NFL
including Packers and high powered Chiefs ...even Rodgers crew were far more competitive than the Chiefs in this SB.

Not every team can up and be like the Bucs ... just ask Detroit Lions

kevm3

Reaction score
how about if you spend smartly in free agency, you can significantly improve your team? No more of that bargain budget ross shopping

remdak

Reaction score
What I learned from this game is that the Bucs LBers are just a tad bit better than Jaylon and LVE

Cebrin

Reaction score
They were a good QB away from winning. Also, this should make everyone reconsider how they feel about stacking the trenches. KC was down two starters on the OL, and it showed.

kevm3

Reaction score
How about we stop wasting free agency? 3 or 4 guys that actually can contribute to the team are way better than 10 that never make the team.

irving

Reaction score
It requires more than an elite quarterback to win a Super Bowl.

kevm3

Reaction score
The Bucs had a stacked team period, not only defense. Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Gronkowski... you couple a high octane offense with a smothering defense and you get a superbowl, sort of like what happened with Philly a few years back.

Chappy

Reaction score
What I learned from this game is that the Bucs LBers are just a tad bit better than Jaylon and LVE
Then add Barrett / Suh and Vea on the front line.

Scary good coupled with a dynamic young secondary they drafted themselves in the later rounds which all comes together with great defensive coaching.

Pretty safe to say we are doomed when you compare the Bucs D with our own.

Chappy

Reaction score
The Bucs had a stacked team period, not only defense. Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Gronkowski... you couple a high octane offense with a smothering defense and you get a superbowl, sort of like what happened with Philly a few years back.
Thing is this Bucs outfit was no fluke win nor will they bottom out after 1 season like Philly did.

Bucs keep this group together on D they will be right up there in the NFC for at least 2 more years even if they lose a Gronk or AB.