What we should learn from this game

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Forget Brady, Arians & Todd Bowles.
The thing to realize is the franchise with the worst winning % in league history has two SB wins since the Cowboys have even made a championship game.
Our fans cry about tanking, rebuilding, getting worst to get better. I would take 20 years of Tampa vs the 20 years of the Dallas Cowboys.
That would depend on which 20 years you are talking about. '75-'95 netted the Cowboys four SB victories. Twice as many SB victories as the Bucs' entire history.

plasticman

Reaction score
Do you hear anybody on the Buc's management jumping up to claim credit for their personnel moves. Did you witness any of the Buc's executives grabbing the mic and going into detail as to how commited he was to building this Super Bowl team?

The management tropohy speeches were short, they gave credit to the assistant coaches and the players.You probably won't hear a Buc executive speak again unless the Bucs win another Super Bowl. They are all about winning as a team.

Jerry will never learn.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Maybe I’m wrong here but did y’all notice Brady’s drop tonight. It seemed 10/15 yards. It was incredible. To me, if it was planned, getting a guy his age to a super deep 5-7 step drop quick was a great thing. It seemed abnormal. They’d switch between that and quick throws

Great point. There is a reason the 5-7 step drop back will never go out of style. It opens up a lot more opportunities than the shotgun, especially playaction. It’s harder to do though which is why it isn’t used as much. Brady of course is a master at it.

Majic

Reaction score
If we can't have Todd Bowles, we should be looking for the next Todd Bowles

Londonboy

Reaction score
I’m responding to check if there’s something wrong with my account

can anyone see this?
Rf41a24cec567fcae3852c31366720a7b

Gaede

Reaction score
Lots to learn:
  • TEAMS win. Not individual players. You have to have talent of course. But it takes organizational competence and commitment from top to bottom to develop a TEAM that can win a championship.
  • Culture matters. I heard it said at least 5 times tonight during the game- Tom Brady changed the culture. He brought some accountability.
  • FOOTBALL IS A GAME OF FUNDAMENTALS. Good Tackling still matters- it’s a completely underrated fundamental- both teams were excellent tacklers. If you keep a 5 yard pass a 5 yard pass you can compete defensively. Good Blocking is also a fundamental. And not just OL. Receivers, RBs and TEs must be good blockers too. If you can tackle and block effectively, you can compete.

I think these are the best takeaways from the game.

You can also see that, even when we have two of these things, one is always missing. Typically culture. For all his faults, Garrett tried to get these three things in place. But no one, not even Bill Parcells, can overcome the established culture of the Dallas Cowboys which, in our case, is set by the GM/Owner.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
No matter how good your skill positions/QB are, if your RT is Chaz Green/Terrence Steele bad you don’t have a chance.

I think SF actually was better last year than TB was this year. But KCs OL was much worse for this game which is why they were able to slow down Bosa & Co last year and not TB this year.

Remember though, that SF kept giving KC opportunity after opportunity to get back into that game last year by NOT running time off the clock by using the run game when they could.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Byron Leftwich is a pretty darn good OC and probably a HC in-waiting.

Tampa Bay is a learning organization - after Hill embarrassed them during the regular season, TB completely took him out of the SB.

The TE position is still very important; a great TE is a game-changer.

Defense, defense, defense... Particularly the DL and LB's

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing I know is that Brady is the GOAT and there is not a close second. At age 43, he took a 7-9 team with no direction, changed the culture, and made them super bowl champs........in one season! A more impressive team sport accomplishment does not exist.

As for lessons, there is literally nothing we can copy here. Tampa is all about Brady and you cannot copy the way he raises the level of everyone around him.

dckid

Reaction score
That would depend on which 20 years you are talking about. '75-'95 netted the Cowboys four SB victories. Twice as many SB victories as the Bucs' entire history.
Bro,
You know what 20 years I am talking about? 2000-2020.. Lol
Guys I know I was being a bit sarcastic, of course other things matter.

morasp

Reaction score
Same as before the the game, you have to be able to get after the passer and stop the run. The Chiefs didn't do either. On offense you have to protect the passer and run the ball. The Bucs did both. And it never hurts if you can benefit from a few or a lot of momentum changing penalties.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
Suh & Vea got some push up the middle, but they did not get pushed back at all. They were stout.

it won't show up on the stats sheet but Suh & Vea were solid.

this

get DTs and real LBs who want to hit and a real FS. Forget about this fascination with WRs and CBs

Blackrain

Reaction score
Lots to learn:
  • TEAMS win. Not individual players. You have to have talent of course. But it takes organizational competence and commitment from top to bottom to develop a TEAM that can win a championship.
  • Culture matters. I heard it said at least 5 times tonight during the game- Tom Brady changed the culture. He brought some accountability.
  • FOOTBALL IS A GAME OF FUNDAMENTALS. Good Tackling still matters- it’s a completely underrated fundamental- both teams were excellent tacklers. If you keep a 5 yard pass a 5 yard pass you can compete defensively. Good Blocking is also a fundamental. And not just OL. Receivers, RBs and TEs must be good blockers too. If you can tackle and block effectively, you can compete.
Can I add to this that you have to have a team full of players that actually want to win a SB not just maximize their carreers by only playing hard only when its necessary to get paid and then making business decisions till it gets close to the next payday .
Tom Brady wants to win Superbowls Period . Where ever he goes he brings that mind set and players coaches and the whole team down to the water boy believe it can happen and make it job one . Jerry wants to make money and his players follow his example and make that their priority .

Its very sad for us fans but we will never see another SB with the Jonses running this team

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The only thing I know is that Brady is the GOAT and there is not a close second. At age 43, he took a 7-9 team with no direction, changed the culture, and made them super bowl champs........in one season! A more impressive team sport accomplishment does not exist.

As for lessons, there is literally nothing we can copy here. Tampa is all about Brady and you cannot copy the way he raises the level of everyone around him.
Tampa is all about great defense and an efficient offense. The difference from last year to this year is a team that stopped turning the ball over 30+ times and then after their bye this year simplified the playbook to do what would avoid negative plays.

Brady wasn’t the real MVP last night. The DL and Devin White was

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I learned that two starting offensive tackles matter. I learned that failing to adjust to them being out will always be a problem.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I learned that Bill Belchick's legendary status took a bit of a hit last night.
He's won 6 Super Bowls and Brady wasn't always great in them. Brady also didn't win all of them. His legacy is fine.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tampa is all about great defense and an efficient offense. The difference from last year to this year is a team that stopped turning the ball over 30+ times and then after their bye this year simplified the playbook to do what would avoid negative plays.

Brady wasn’t the real MVP last night. The DL and Devin White was

Oh common! Tampa hasn't sniffed a super bowl in well over a decade prior to the arrival of Brady. Tampa's defense is not great.They are good and got a break last night b/c KC's OL is a mash unit and Mahomes needs toe surgery.