What will success look like for McCarthy this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team went 1-3 with Prescott as the starter and finisher in 2020.
The 11 games with the other QBs as starters__
• Gilbert__ 0-1 (Cowboys should've won that game.)
• DeNucci___ 0-1
• Dalton___4-5
Sum --- 4-7
● Summation: Dallas Cowboys lost more games with the three other QBs starting 11 games than Prescott starting 5,\ finishing 4.
He's still trying to make what he said somewhat intelligent.

You said the main reason they finished 6-10 is because their starting QB got injured. I pointed out that they had a worse winning percentage with the starter than they did with the backups. Proving there is zero truth to what you said.

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. Take the L and be on your way.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Well, the experimenting and changes have to come to an end. MM made a blunder hire with his Def Coordinator, which was corrected with the Dan Quinn Hire.
The 6-10 season in 2020 was shoved under the carpet and blamed on covid.
Now Kellen Moore his OC is gone and he thinks he can do better on Offense.
Looking at the schedule projections , a 9 win season looks very reasonable . No change at QB with a very predictable Dak , who cannot pass you into a win or a CCG or SB win. Add to that mprovements other teams have made in the division ( eagles especially). a 9-8 season looks very possible. This could mean missing the playoffs or exiting early

Would that be acceptable for Jerry and stephen ? Who else will be blamed for this ?

What would a successful season look like in the evaluation of McCarthy ?
Welcome to the last 6 Seasons. New Material is called for. and what of the two 12-5 seasons . Kellen moved on, it happens, not going to loose any sleep over his departure.

I say 12 wins at least long run in the playoff ( A win and a Competitive Game)

Who gets credit for this Jerry Stephen ?

Appreciate your post

Big_D

Reaction score
this fanbase is weird...man has had consecutive 12 win seasons and look at the post we bave

success is making it to the playoffs and making a NFCCG

anything short of that look at did he make the playoffs? did he win 10+ games ? if so they we can call it successful in a way but we need more

I feel like there's a legit shot and not some usual August pipe dream. This is a very good roster and that window is open right now. Let's face it regular season wins are nice, but no one will be happy with just double digit wins at this point. Time for a good team to start digging a little deeper than that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They were 1-3 when Prescott went down and had a higher winning percentage with backup QBs that year.

Sounded good though.
Dak was given the win against the Giants and ended up 2-3. The Cowboys proceeded to lose their next four straight games with him out of the lineup and were pretty much done after that. They won one game with him out of the lineup and their next seven games. If you’re trying to spin they were better off with him on the line up with their backups you just swung and missed as usual. Their backups had 11 games to try and right the ship and couldn’t. Dak was playing the best football of his career when he went down and was having an MVP year. No way would we have finished 6-10 with him in the lineup all season.

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't see McCarthy on the hot seat minus a complete collapse. This is the best roster we've seen in 30 years. You think he has nothing to do with that?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was given the win against the Giants and ended up 2-3. The Cowboys proceeded to lose their next four straight games with him out of the lineup and were pretty much done after that. They won one game with him out of the lineup and their next seven games. If you’re trying to spin they were better off with him on the line up with their backups you just swung and missed as usual. Their backups had 11 games to try and right the ship and couldn’t. Dak was playing the best football of his career when he went down and was having an MVP year. No way would they have finished 6-10 with him in the lineup all season.
Prescott didn't win the Giants game. You don't win a game going down in the 3rd quarter of a one score game. To suggest what I'm doing by accurately posting records is spin but this isn't is laughable. Dalton came in, the Giants took the lead and Dalton rallied them back. Prescott gets no win even though you're desperate for it.

The "MVP" was 1-3 when the injury occurred.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's actually a recurring theme going on here. Whenever the franchise stiff is out for a length of time the team is better off for it.

JayFord

Reaction score
I don't see McCarthy on the hot seat minus a complete collapse. This is the best roster we've seen in 30 years. You think he has nothing to do with that?
they think hes some bumbling idiot who wears his shirt as pants and his pants as a shirt

other than 2-15 i cant see him getting fired

Big_D

Reaction score
they think hes some bumbling idiot who wears his shirt as pants and his pants as a shirt

other than 2-15 i cant see him getting fired
but quick to credit everyone else.

KDM256

Reaction score
With a healthy team with a veteran coach and veteran players, I would say its Super bowl or Bust.

NFC Championship game is nice but wouldn't appease the masses around these parts.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
People think we have a super bowl roster ready to go, all that's holding them back is the Qb. But these same people will say Jerry and Stephen are horrible Gms. Which one is it? Either we have a roster full of all pros or we have a genius Gm? Can't have it both ways.

Motorola

Reaction score
He's still trying to make what he said somewhat intelligent.

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. Take the L and be on your way.
***He's still trying to make what he said somewhat intelligent.***
So...you feel you have "an audience" to entertain" - instead of responding to my comment directly at first.
Then follow up with a lame snarkly remark.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Prescott didn't win the Giants game. You don't win a game going down in the 3rd quarter of a one score game. To suggest what I'm doing by accurately posting records is spin but this isn't is laughable. Dalton came in, the Giants took the lead and Dalton rallied them back. Prescott gets no win even though you're desperate for it.

The "MVP" was 1-3 when the injury occurred.
Sorry, but the Cowboys were winning 31-23 when Dak went down and he was given the win. He finished the 2020 season 2-3. Football works similar to baseball and because Dak started and the Cowboys were ahead when he went down, he got the win. Had it been baseball, Dalton would have gotten the save. Dak’s win against the Giants is official in his QB record. To suggest he doesn’t get the win because he went down with an injury and couldn’t finish, despite leading the Cowboys to 31 points and the lead at the time of his injury is laughable! If you weren’t so preoccupied with trolling for “likes” and earning reaction points from some of the lamb-brains on this board you would have a better grasp of the game. All you try to do is win over all the Dak haters, because the more you appeal to them the better your chances of reaching your goal of 200,000 likes by the end of the year. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There's actually a recurring theme going on here. Whenever the franchise stiff is out for a length of time the team is better off for it.
Just another ridiculous comment which has become a recurring theme with you. :laugh: We ended up with three wins from multiple backups in 2020. How were we better off?

Big_D

Reaction score
People think we have a super bowl roster ready to go, all that's holding them back is the Qb. But these same people will say Jerry and Stephen are horrible Gms. Which one is it? Either we have a roster full of all pros or we have a genius Gm? Can't have it both ways.

It's the coach and GM combination. GMs go on the evaluations of the HC. HCs prepare the players. You can have it both ways cause both sides of that coin existed here. Look at this roster compared to the Garrett,Phillips or Campo years.. quite a difference what's happening right now!

Momanpr100

Reaction score
It's the coach and GM combination. GMs go on the evaluations of the HC. HCs prepare the players. You can have it both ways cause both sides of that coin existed here. Look at this roster compared to the Garrett,Phillips or Campo years.. quite a difference what's happening right now!
And I say quite a difference because since McCarthy was here our drafting changed drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.