What will success look like for McCarthy this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

75boyz

Reaction score
He had a landslide popularity poll win for '2024 over Quinn so at least there's that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If this organization really wants to get back to the mountaintop and see owner Jerry Jones hoist that Lombardi Trophy then they are going to need to make a few adjustments to their usual way of thinking. The old model was good if you just want to make the playoffs, but if you want to be the champs you'll need to change a few things, and I have five for you that could better those odds of doing it.

5. Cowboys must figure out best 5 offensive linemen

4. Cowboys must choose one offensive philosophy and stick to it.​

3. Cowboys must add a big-bodied running back​

2. Cowboys must keep offenses guessing about Micah Parsons​

1. Give Dak Prescott every opportunity to succeed​

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/5-things-cowboys-must-do-to-make-the-super-bowl/6

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's still desperately pretending a guy who played a little more than half the game and wasn't on the field when the team took the lead for good actually won the game.

This is the typical Dak Prescott supporter.

What a waste of time to read.
Stop trying to appeal to the lame brains here, they may be stupid, but not stupid enough to dispute an official QBR record. Dak was 2-3 in 2020 and that’s official! Why you waste 24/7 on this board simply to collect “likes” is behind me.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Stop trying to appeal to the lame brains here, they may be stupid, but not stupid enough to dispute an official QBR record. Dak was 2-3 in 2020 and that’s official! Why you waste 24/7 on this board simply to collect “likes” is behind me.
You guys are splitting hairs-which for Dak is not a good look. The team beats other teams by more points with Dak-but many of those victories were landslide wins where the team kept their foot on the gas even up big. Whenever the team used a backup (with McCarthy as HC), the team went with a very conservative offense too.

The problem some fans have with Dak is how he has performed twice in a row in a big playoff game against a nasty defense. A backup would not do better-that’s true-the problem is the backup would not likely do much worse. And the Cowboys were able to score plenty in the regular season both seasons, so the lack of weapons argument holds very little water-Dak played terribly in both of those games.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He still can't explain why a guy who was at the hospital when the Cowboys rallied to win the game is the one responsible for the win.

He can't because he wasn't. But these are the things you have to do if you want to pretend Dak Prescott is a good QB.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Super Bowl win.

If any previous head coaches won a SB, then were followed by head coaches that didn't, then whoever is hired is expected to "return the team to glory". Otherwise, they're not a success.

That's my view, anyway. Agree or not, as you please...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

According to this Dak was 2-3 as a starter in 2020.
They go by the QB that starts apparently. So if a QB starts, plays 1 play and goes out, and the team goes on to win...so that gives that 1 play QB the win.

Sorry Dak fans, and you all know I do not hate or dislike Dak. But not going to blindly defend him either.
As this 1-3 or 2-3 doesn't really matter does it.

But I have to side with @Risen Star here. Not that Dak was 1-3 or 2-3. I don't care about that. But that Dalton won that game. The lead was lost, Dalton brought them back for a win. That itself counts as a 4th quarter come back win.
One post mentioned it was like a starter and a save. Not exactly true. If a pitcher starts and another pitcher preserves the lead, then yes.
However if a relief pitcher gives up the the lead, then he is on record as the losing pitcher, then they regain the lead he becomes the winning pitcher.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wins against both SF and the Bills during the regular season and, since the route to the playoffs run through Philly, splitting games against Philly

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He still can't explain why a guy who was at the hospital when the Cowboys rallied to win the game is the one responsible for the win.

He can't because he wasn't. But these are the things you have to do if you want to pretend Dak Prescott is a good QB.
Stop talking to the voices in your head and accept what’s official. Dak was 2-3 in 2020. This isn’t helping your reaction score.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop talking to the voices in your head and accept what’s official. Dak was 2-3 in 2020. This isn’t helping your reaction score.
You can keep saying it but nobody really believes Prescott won a game he left in the 3rd quarter and had to watch the comeback from his hospital room.

You think you're defending him but you're actually just making him look even more pathetic.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Double digit wins and a playoff berth. Expectations aren't too high these days, I don't want to hear SB talk, it's just not realistic.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can keep saying it but nobody really believes Prescott won a game he left in the 3rd quarter and had to watch the comeback from his hospital room.

You think you're defending him but you're actually just making him look even more pathetic.
The only one who doesn’t believe he won a game he left with an injury in which the team was leading is you. Do you see anyone else arguing it? Lol No one is defending him, just providing the facts that you can’t seem to deal with. He was officially credited with the win over the Giants and nothing you say is going to change it. He may not be Patrick Mahomes or a few other QBs in the league, but to say he’s pathetic makes you look even more foolish.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only one who doesn’t believe he won a game he left with an injury in which the team was leading is you. Do you see anyone else arguing it? Lol No one is defending him, just providing the facts that you can’t seem to deal with. He was officially credited with the win over the Giants and nothing you say is going to change it. He may not be Patrick Mahomes or a few other QBs in the league, but to say he’s pathetic makes you look even more foolish.
Whoa. This genius is providing the facts. Everybody step back.

The facts that the guy in the hospital was responsible for the comeback rally Cowboys win. He's amazing. He was officially credited! and stuff.

Prescott's amazing. He doesn't even have to be there to win games. In fact, I'd say he's better when he's not there.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Success for McCarthy would be the Cowboys scoring more than 12 points against SF next season and I'm not talking about the regular season game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whoa. This genius is providing the facts. Everybody step back.

The facts that the guy in the hospital was responsible for the comeback rally Cowboys win. He's amazing. He was officially credited! and stuff.

Prescott's amazing. He doesn't even have to be there to win games. In fact, I'd say he's better when he's not there.
Still talking to yourself? You’re going off the deep end. Lol Why don’t you go start another thread, you only have four on the front page. It’s obvious you have nothing else going on outside this board. You hate Dak, we get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.