What will your reaction be if team loses 31-14?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This game will not decide which way this season goes, win or lose. There were way too many variables to overcome to see either team in full force this Sunday.
Its insignificant, my view,,, but we are going to blow out the Rams Sunday night.
They have no idea what is coming, nobody does.

Silverstar

Reaction score
It's stacked against us already IMO. Think about it...first football game in a brand new stadium in LA and in primetime no less. I expect something like 13 penalties for Dallas and maybe 2 for the Rams or something similar. I really hope it doesn't go this way, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it did. I almost feel like it will take a Herculean effort to leave LA with a W, but this team is certainly capable of doing that....and they better!

Swagger

Reaction score
What if he has no time to throw and he doesn’t have Cooper? Gallup is not a true #1 and Lamb has never played an NFL game yet.
In which case arguably even more reason to not sign him as a rookie QB would also struggle but be €30-35 million cheaper a year so we could bring in a couple of elite players to strengthen the team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anything can happen in game 1 of a season that bears all the uncertainties that the Cowboys of 2020 will have to deal with. Nevertheless, I'd still be pretty upset that the score was that lopsided and that our offense didn't fare better than 14 points. Given time to recover, I'd be ok, though. :rolleyes:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I thought I’d put this out there to use as an archive of sorts when people start calling for everyone to be fired or cut/traded Sunday night.

IF the game doesn’t go our way and it looks like a repeat of Chiefs/Texans will you say McCarthy was a drastic mistake or they should let Dalton start?

I think this is an outside possibility based off two factors:

1) Offense could struggle without Collins/Frederick and who knows how good Cooper’s health actually is.

2) Defense WILL have confusion against some of McVays schemes and doing more elaborate blitzes that leave vulnerable spots in the secondary. It’s going to take half the year to get it shored up since the team was so basic for last 7 years defensively since Rob Ryan left.

I’m on record that no matter what happens this year McCarthy and staff should not be held accountable for on field performance as long as team is improving throughout the year. This is not Madden and unless the Eagles health is totally diminished it’s going to be very hard to take the East from them this year.

You can’t plug in 4 new starters on offense, 5 on defense and new schemes and expect it to be a finished unit day 1. Goff, Ryan and Wilson are not the 3 QBs you’d want to see out of the gate

As long as they beat teams like Giants and the Football Team soundly who are in the same position, and show the ability to make adjustments throughout the year as they learn what doesn’t work, it’ll be fine for me.

That said I expect a close loss on Sunday but wouldn’t be shocked by anything either direction. Unless the defense pitches a shutout and has 3 picks.

Lets see. I have us losing 24-13. So i wont be disappointed.

But of course its always how you lose and what the reasons are. To me the Rams have tools that we struggle with. Experience from last year has shown that Ramsey will negate Cooper. We also have to expect a strong pass rush. Both are things our QB struggles with mightily.

I expect the Rams to use the scheme all good teams played last year. Take away the short and mid range throws, negate the run game and let Dak beat them long. Lets see if he got better or if he still cant do this on a constant basis.

On defense we have a lot of questionmarks. Will DLaw finnally live up to his big contract. Will the neck of LVE hold. Was Jalons bad last season a sign of knee issues. Will our DE rotation really be good. How will we be at 3tech. Were does or backfield rank...

With all those questionmarks i cant see us stopping the Rams when it really matters.

Flamma

Reaction score
You won't hear a peep from me until the next game. I don't take losing well, I have a tendency to isolate and, according to my wife, cuss in my sleep.

Same with me. It spoils my week.

BTW, I just now pieced together your name and AV. LOL

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought I’d put this out there to use as an archive of sorts when people start calling for everyone to be fired or cut/traded Sunday night.

IF the game doesn’t go our way and it looks like a repeat of Chiefs/Texans will you say McCarthy was a drastic mistake or they should let Dalton start?

1) Offense could struggle without Collins/Frederick and who knows how good Cooper’s health actually is.

2) Defense WILL have confusion against some of McVays schemes and doing more elaborate blitzes that leave vulnerable spots in the secondary. It’s going to take half the year to get it shored up since the team was so basic for last 7 years defensively since Rob Ryan left.

I’m on record that no matter what happens this year McCarthy and staff should not be held accountable for on field performance as long as team is improving throughout the year. This is not Madden and unless the Eagles health is totally diminished it’s going to be very hard to take the East from them this year.

You can’t plug in 4 new starters on offense, 5 on defense and new schemes and expect it to be a finished unit day 1. Goff, Ryan and Wilson are not the 3 QBs you’d want to see out of the gate

As long as they beat teams like Giants and the Football Team soundly who are in the same position, and show the ability to make adjustments throughout the year as they learn what doesn’t work, it’ll be fine for me.

That said I expect a close loss on Sunday but wouldn’t be shocked by anything either direction. Unless the defense pitches a shutout and has 3 picks.
I would blame Garrett cause he sucks and his stench will take a few games to be exorcised.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Okay, what if is fun. How's this? And what will you say after this thrashing?

Dal - 42
LA - 23

Dak throws for 368 yards,
Cooper - 97 - TD
Gallup - 94 - TD
Lamb - 88 - TD
Elliott - 41 - TD
Pollard - 21 - TD
Jarwin - 27

Elliott - 101 - TD
Pollard - 47

Defense
Sacks 3.5
Picks - 2

See how silly this game is?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Okay, what if is fun. How's this? And what will you say after this thrashing?

Dal - 42
LA - 23

Dak throws for 368 yards,
Cooper - 97 - TD
Gallup - 94 - TD
Lamb - 88 - TD
Elliott - 41 - TD
Pollard - 21 - TD
Jarwin - 27

Elliott - 101 - TD
Pollard - 47

Defense
Sacks 3.5
Picks - 2

See how silly this game is?
No that’s actually not silly. I’d say McCarthy/Nolan is better than advertised to get players to understand schemes that quickly.

More importantly also it means Cam Erving was able to hold his own along with Looney and Connor Williams.

Lamb really wouldn’t have as big a learning curve as I’m thinking he would and Coopers hamstring is just fine.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
What will your reaction be if team loses 31-14?

Fire McCarthy, defense sucks, cut Dak, Jerry's an idiot, isn't that the theme to go too??

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

So if we score 14 points on offense, why assume it's 100% Dak's fault (wanting Dalton to start)? How did the run game do with Zeke? Did he do his job? Did the run game (with Pollard) produce at least 120+ yards?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If Dak struggles in this offense he needs to go. You can’t want what he’s asking for and not put up pro bowl numbers this year.

What about Zeke, the guy who got paid? What if he struggles and the offense suffered because of him?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No that’s actually not silly. I’d say McCarthy/Nolan is better than advertised to get players to understand schemes that quickly.

More importantly also it means Cam Erving was able to hold his own along with Looney and Connor Williams.

Lamb really wouldn’t have as big a learning curve as I’m thinking he would and Coopers hamstring is just fine.

I would at least think Mike M would understand having an extra blocker spy Aaron Donald and offer a double when and as needed.