What will your reaction be if team loses 31-14?

aria

Reaction score
They better win or I’ll be disappointed, I don’t care that MM is the new coach. It shouldn’t eve be close.

The majority of the offensive personnel is the same as are the players.

We have new DC with a few new players, they have a new DC withe SEVERAL new players and they lost some key veterans.

We have more talent on both sides of the ball.

They had one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league last year and to practically nothing to change it, we upgraded our pass rush.

We beat them last year with KM calling plays and they had a better defense on paper and now we have a better offense on paper.

Both our RB’s had over 100 yards yards against them last year.

We beat a better team last year by over 3 TD’s with Jason Garrett as the head coach, enough said.

No excuses for MM, we have the talent now, he doesn’t a one year honeymoon period or a one game free pass against semi rebuilding teams who we should beat.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I won’t read too much into either a W or L tmrw night. Between Covid, limited offseason work, new schemes, new personnel etc... I simply don’t expect this team to gel until Thanksgiving.

I believe they have the right coach. I believe they have the talent to compete. I expect them to lose some games.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We beat them last year with KM calling plays and they had a better defense on paper and now we have a better offense on paper.

Both our RB’s had over 100 yards yards against them last year.

We beat a better team last year by over 3 TD’s with Jason Garrett as the head coach, enough said.

No excuses for MM, we have the talent now, he doesn’t a one year honeymoon period or a one game free pass against semi rebuilding teams who we should beat.
Missing Frederick and Collins takes away most of the advantage for the offense on paper. Donald can wreck everything by himself. Lamb is not a drastic Improvement over Cobb day 1 and who knows how Jarwin is when teams game plan for him?

It’s going to be hard to run without Collins. Obviously Looney is the center for the year so it’s not like you can hope he is replaced in 3 weeks like Erving.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I’d be surprised, I’m looking for McCarthy to energize the team at least this first year.

pitt33

Reaction score
BTW, I just now pieced together your name and AV. LOL
What the heck took you so long?

Anyways, isn’t that great? Duane Thomas certainly was a man of few words that were carefully chosen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Is it a better team THIS week?

No Byron
No La’El
No Frederick
Cooper - 50-50

Additions:
Jarwin more playing time over Witten
Lamb and Cobb are at best a wash until Lamb actually plays an NFL game
Griffin probably a bit of an upgrade over Quinn overall
Crawford hopefully better than Maliek at the 3T
Poe gives a much better 1T against the run but how much will he play in passing downs?
your forgetting 3 big no's in your list lol
No GARRET !!!!!!!!!
No Garret staff
No Garret ST coach !

I think cowboys win this game so not worried about what if they lose.
And if they do lose, it depends on why and how the team played etc.
Cant comment on that till the game has been played.

MikeB80

Reaction score
My only thought will be they better look out because if the Rams put 31 on them what will Atlanta do and Seattle after that?

pitt33

Reaction score
Any loss stinks. Some are harder than others. Week 1 on the road would not surprise. But I just think the Cowboys are the better all around team this week.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I thought I’d put this out there to use as an archive of sorts when people start calling for everyone to be fired or cut/traded Sunday night.

IF the game doesn’t go our way and it looks like a repeat of Chiefs/Texans will you say McCarthy was a drastic mistake or they should let Dalton start?

I think this is an outside possibility based off two factors:

1) Offense could struggle without Collins/Frederick and who knows how good Cooper’s health actually is.

2) Defense WILL have confusion against some of McVays schemes and doing more elaborate blitzes that leave vulnerable spots in the secondary. It’s going to take half the year to get it shored up since the team was so basic for last 7 years defensively since Rob Ryan left.

I’m on record that no matter what happens this year McCarthy and staff should not be held accountable for on field performance as long as team is improving throughout the year. This is not Madden and unless the Eagles health is totally diminished it’s going to be very hard to take the East from them this year.

You can’t plug in 4 new starters on offense, 5 on defense and new schemes and expect it to be a finished unit day 1. Goff, Ryan and Wilson are not the 3 QBs you’d want to see out of the gate

As long as they beat teams like Giants and the Football Team soundly who are in the same position, and show the ability to make adjustments throughout the year as they learn what doesn’t work, it’ll be fine for me.

That said I expect a close loss on Sunday but wouldn’t be shocked by anything either direction. Unless the defense pitches a shutout and has 3 picks.
you lost me at GOFF, this thread now has no credibilty...

being scary as Wilson or even Ryan :lmao2:..thats laughable the excuse train starts early.. LOL Goff dont want to see him huh, so Dak and company needs a 3 game powder puff schedule out of the gate and gve false hopes and padded stats only to fall when the real tests come..

No this team with garett last year destroyed Mcvey and Goff ran through Donald and that defense to a 20point win, we have a somewhat better team if you see the DL and Special teams are vastly improved..

we lose like that then all the gum flapping is for not..
not expecting easy nor even a win but a sloppy blowout , thats not going to go well , no excuses , Garett it was all his fault even though players had a lot to do with the losses , but MM gets pass..sorry no way

btw KC had a rookie rb, a shuffled line , and rookie playing CB ,

funny it didnt take them long and those rookies made an impact as did the new OL..

no GD excuses~!! those left with Garett and Marinelli:popcorn:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The Rams are not a good team. Say it again with me. The Rams are not a good team.

They have one of the league’s worst offensive lines and did nothing to address it. They lost Gurley and Cooks. McVey’s “schemes” have already been figured out by the NFL.

The Cowboys are a better team top to bottom. The only disadvantage they have in this game is missing Collins and playing on the road.

I am expecting a blowout win. If they lose in a blowout, we will have to analyze how they lost. Did Dak play poorly? Did Zeke lose a step? Did the offensive line fall apart? Was there a major injury? And most importantly, was McCarthy out coached?

Anyway this is all an exercise in futility because they’re not going to lose. Bet the game.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If Dak struggles in this offense he needs to go. You can’t want what he’s asking for and not put up pro bowl numbers this year.

First things first. The last time i checked ONE GAME DOES NOT MAKE A SEASON. Those that are so quick to pull Prescott are the same ones that have tried VERY excuse in the book this entire off season to get rid of Prescott. Second, with the O-line what it will be for at least this game there's more than a chance that Prescott may be under heavy pressure the entire night which isn't uncommon for even the good QB's to not have great games. Lastly ANY coach that makes decisions based on what some fans think shouldn't be coaching in anything higher than a peewee league.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Sadly... we (myself included) have become -whether we want to admit it or not- desperate for a win. And we want, seek, need immediate success. If things dont go our way (which is highly probable) there will be chaos here in the forums. I think the sane think to think is that this SEASON should be a test of how things can become. If things magically work since day 1, then it was like winning the lotto

Last edited: