What would you pay Dak to extend him now?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’d be an interesting idea if we could. By the time he’s eligible, the benefit of extending him early won’t really be there anymore, one way or another.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I would sign him to a Krappernick deal, with outs after each year with no money owed. Give him a big pay day up front for being a vastly underpaid starting QB for three years (the “doing right by Jerry” way).

rags747

Reaction score
Dak is not worth investing in right now.

Let him play out that contract. He’ll get stupid money and his upside is Alex Smith with more athleticism.
Upside somewhat agree but Smith throws a much prettier ball, Smiths knock is that he has usually been pretty conservative but he can throw a nice ball.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Just my opinion which is worth squat but the fact that we drafted Dak in the 4'th round and since then we've gone 22-10 is pretty frickin anazing. Can he do what no other has done since Aikman? A 4'th round draft pick? You kidding me?! How much luck does that take? He could retire today and have the highest winning percentage of any Cowboy QB past. That's for the Dakophobes to chew on lol.

What would I pay him Verdict? Or what will he be paid in 2019? Give me your crystal ball and show me the next two years and I'll gladly answer. If he continues to have a winning percentage of 68.75... as much as you know who at any you know what position lol

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Where were you serving time? North Korean gulag?

Just the facts mam just the facts :lmao:.

WDp0OZL.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how an effort to extend Dak now makes any sense. He won't accept backup level pay, nor should he, and the Cowboys won't pay to the level of a top QB, nor should they. Dak's results are mixed so far, so it makes sense for everyone to wait until after the season to have a better feel for what kind of QB Dak is going to be.

condoin125

Reaction score
Just my opinion which is worth squat but the fact that we drafted Dak in the 4'th round and since then we've gone 22-10 is pretty frickin anazing. Can he do what no other has done since Aikman? A 4'th round draft pick? You kidding me?! How much luck does that take? He could retire today and have the highest winning percentage of any Cowboy QB past. That's for the Dakophobes to chew on lol.

What would I pay him Verdict? Or what will he be paid in 2019? Give me your crystal ball and show me the next two years and I'll gladly answer. If he continues to have a winning percentage of 68.75... as much as you know who at any you know what position lol
Fine by me if he retired today with that "record." Only a fool would attribute winning % to a single guy on a team of 53 players.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Fine by me if he retired today with that "record." Only a fool would attribute winning % to a single guy on a team of 53 players.

You callin me a fool. Ouch man just ouch. Hey, why would I want to change your mind and waylay your premature retirement party :thumbup:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It was a hypothetical boys. Run with it :laugh:. Break down those walls. get out of your comfort zone. Be unique or original at least. Can't be like Mike, be like Corso at least

condoin125

Reaction score
You callin me a fool. Ouch man just ouch. Hey, why would I want to change your mind and waylay your premature retirement party :thumbup:
No, not necessarily calling you a fool....just attacking that narrative that seems to exist when it comes to QBs....it just logically makes no sense.