What would you pay Dak to extend him now?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Thanks man....the hope is that after five years of these shots twice a week that I'll start to build up some immunity against them....if not, then I'll just get them the rest of my life. Oh well, at least I don't have that rare disease that turns you into a tree (real thing btw), that's how you know God hates you.

hey. I wouldn't mind being a tree but only for real. Not disease induced. I believe my good health is good genes and all the dirt I ate as a kid. So you went through all of the allergy skin tests? You know what I'd try? Convincing the girlfriend that lots of love is the answer. Don't get caught sneezing though. The jig would be up then. Just laughin with ya, not at ya:laugh:

condoin125

Reaction score
hey. I wouldn't mind being a tree but only for real. Not disease induced. I believe my good health is good genes and all the dirt I ate as a kid. So you went through all of the allergy skin tests? You know what I'd try? Convincing the girlfriend that lots of love is the answer. Don't get caught sneezing though. The jig would be up then. Just laughin with ya, not at ya:laugh:
Ha, yeah I went through the tests and was allergic to just about everything they tested me on which includes most of the grass types native to KY (where I live), most molds, many trees, cats, horses, cochroaches and there are a couple of other sections I'm forgetting entirely. Thankfully not dogs though.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ha, yeah I went through the tests and was allergic to just about everything they tested me on which includes most of the grass types native to KY (where I live), most molds, many trees, cats, horses, cochroaches and there are a couple of other sections I'm forgetting entirely. Thankfully not dogs though.

Damn brother! Get better

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I was trying to say he is either Alex Smith, captain of Team Checkdown, or he could be Russell Wilson but how long has it taken Wilson to be come a passer not just mobile QB. If he is smith he is not worth franchise money.
I see what you are saying

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yes he is.
If Alex Smith is your floor, you are 100% a franchise QB.

Also I dont see the parallels between Smith and Dak. Smith in his first two seasons had a completion % of 56%, 17 TDs to 27 INTs, 6.1 yards per attempt, with roughly a 65 QB rating.

Dak has a 65.2% completion %, 45 TDs to 17 INTs, 7.4 yards per attempt, with a 95.5 QB rating.

I dont see the resemblance.

Although the Wilson comparison is much better!

63.6 completion %, 52 TDs to 19 INTs, 8.05 yards per attempt, and a 100.6 QB rating. So that's much closer.

Many here would have given up on Wilson after his first two seasons. It's pretty sad.
Yeah Smith soooo much of a franchise QB he's been thrown in the bushes twice. How many franchise qbs in their prime can you say that about???

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah Smith soooo much of a franchise QB he's been thrown in the bushes twice. How many franchise qbs in their prime can you say that about???

Drew Brees, Bledsoe, and Peyton Manning.

But I doubt you'd be interested in any of them.

elcowboi

Reaction score
I realize Dak is probably not eligible to be resigned yet but I am curious what sort of salary range some of you believe he falls into. What is he worth to us and what will it take to resign him?

I'm not sure where you rank Dak in the pecking order. If you look at his rookie year only he likes like he might be a top 10 QB. Last year he flashed a bit and sucked a bit. Part of that was the OL play. But part of that was Dak.

If Dak was eligible for an extension now:

1. Would you extend Dak now if you could?
2. What sort of contract is he currently worth?
3. What is the bust potential for his second contract from your point of view?
4. Where will he rank in terms of QBs three years from now?
5. Should we draft another QB now and keep our options open for two years from now when Dak is slated to be a free agent?

NOTHING!!!!! The Boys don't even need to discuss that right now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A. He is not eligible for an extension until he has played three seasons in the NFL, thus after this year he is eligible.

B. So discussing signing him now is a moot point.

C. If he returns to probowl form and plays like he did his rookie year, then I would say somewhere in the $20 mill per year range would be market value for Dak.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Okay, I already commented and said my peace, but being literal- like right this second?
3 years AAV 10/yr
Guarantee 15.

No guaranteed money by year 3.
He kills it- YEAH!
He fails- he has time to bus drive, at a non-exorbitant price, while finding a replacement.
Year 3 is self-explanatory.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nothing at the moment. We have enough problem trying to get Zach Martins deal done,and Dlaw. No way would I even fathom what it would take to extend Dak. I want him to show out first before I put my neck on the line if I'm Will McClay and Stephen Jones.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
It's happened before. Sweet Methuselah! Get these vibes off this plane of existence!
Once Dak played fine for several games or so he will hurry to sign him thinking it is a smart move and cheap..we have seen that many many times.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Once Dak played fine for several games or so he will hurry to sign him thinking it is a smart move and cheap..we have seen that many many times.
Stop these wicked curses! Where's my improved hotdag buns?!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Stop these wicked curses! Where's my improved hotdag buns?!
like that?

THE-FONZ_082217.jpg

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If Dak plays well this upcoming season, I would be watching closely as to what Matt Ryan gets...it will be very similar to that.