What would you pay Pollard?

bewp7

Reaction score
nothing

franchise him was stupid also but it isnt that bad for 1 season

im not giving any rb a second contract unless they are mid and it is cheap but no of this market setting contract crap like with zeke because it is stupid or any long term $$ with rb

plasticman

Reaction score
RB is probably the most disrespected position in the NFL right now. The ever-evolving NFL has not been kind to them. The NFL have deliberately formed rules more favorable to the passing game to make it more exciting, Sad, because the running game and the defense can be just as exciting to a more-than-casual fan.

CCBoy

Reaction score
RB is probably the most disrespected position in the NFL right now. The ever-evolving NFL has not been kind to them. The NFL have deliberately formed rules more favorable to the passing game to make it more exciting, Sad, because the running game and the defense can be just as exciting to a more-than-casual fan.
From stand one's ground ... to use every inch, first...

CCBoy

Reaction score
nothing

franchise him was stupid also but it isnt that bad for 1 season

im not giving any rb a second contract unless they are mid and it is cheap but no of this market setting contract crap like with zeke because it is stupid or any long term $$ with rb
To be exact, that did not cost the Cowboys in the trade off in cap.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
As of today, Pollard is 26 years old, and Elliott is 27. Pollard may have fewer "miles" on him, but that should still should give anyone pause. This is the age where we often see RB's performance deteriorate quickly.

vlad

Reaction score
It he performs and is impactful like last year then yeah i think with what rbs go for I’d definitely consider. Unlike the guy that left he’s an actual weapon/game changer- not a volume rb that doesn’t stretch the field. The short yardage/blocking back has to be the most silly thing I’ve heard trying to be justified.

Pollard performed at a level that scares defenses and doesn’t drag the offense down and waste plays imho.

CWR

Reaction score
He's currently making 10 as he has the tag. If we resign him, he's surely not getting that every year, unless he has a SUPER season.

With that said, I'm starting his offer off at about 6-7 million a year, for 3 years. 15 guaranteed? Or is that too much, please give me your thoughts....

I'd have paid him last year, and saved some cap. I can't understand why they waited. For as much as we do manage to get right, our timing on re-signs is putrid.

mrcowboys40

Reaction score
He's currently making 10 as he has the tag. If we resign him, he's surely not getting that every year, unless he has a SUPER season.

With that said, I'm starting his offer off at about 6-7 million a year, for 3 years. 15 guaranteed? Or is that too much, please give me your thoughts....
let him play on the tag and then let him walk

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I would give him nothing.

You simply can't dish out big contracts to RBs IMHO.

Dump ur money into both lines.... WRs and CBs. Go cheap everywhere else. That's the formula for roster building with the way the game is played these days.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I would give him nothing.

You simply can't dish out big contracts to RBs IMHO.

Dump ur money into both lines.... WRs and CBs. Go cheap everywhere else. That's the formula for roster building with the way the game is played these days.
Go ahead and explain just how you're going to do just that today.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Go ahead and explain just how you're going to do just that today.
You can't. It's a philosophy. You don't dish out a big contract for Pollard now. Or any other RB...going forward. Use cheap RBs on rook contracts. Then release them...and get more.

Over time....more and more of your resources will be concentrated in the money positions.

You can't do it all now....but u can start by not doing another large RB contract now.

As stated...Just my opinion!

If you feel we should sign him...that's yours!

CCBoy

Reaction score
You can't. It's a philosophy. You don't dish out a big contract for Pollard now. Or any other RB...going forward. Use cheap RBs on rook contracts. Then release them...and get more.

Over time....more and more of your resources will be concentrated in the money positions.

You can't do it all now....but u can start by not doing another large RB contract now.

As stated...Just my opinion!

If you feel we should sign him...that's yours!
Then just what is the Player's Association take on that topic?

Shane612

Reaction score
Franchise tag him this year and next year, then draft another feature back, or promote one of your other RB to starter.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I'm not taking that bet. Eugene Upshaw was their President after his retirement...19 years.
Yep.... he was a good one!

Yeah...a lot of the bylaws and vagaries of the rules, and I don't want to bore everyone with lots of technical details, so I think a lot of this goes without saying (and I'm sure ur in agreement with me here),....HOWEVER with that being said, I think it's also important that we don't forget the importance of this very idea....nor should we....because I do feel strongly that it really is important, even if we choose to not say much about it.

So yeah.... I am on board with this..... and I think that's just the overriding message here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yep.... he was a good one!

Yeah...a lot of the bylaws and vagaries of the rules, and I don't want to bore everyone with lots of technical details, so I think a lot of this goes without saying (and I'm sure ur in agreement with me here),....HOWEVER with that being said, I think it's also important that we don't forget the importance of this very idea....nor should we....because I do feel strongly that it really is important, even if we choose to not say much about it.

So yeah.... I am on board with this..... and I think that's just the overriding message here.
That puts an unfair glich in salaries for that position that actually is vital to teams and team production. An unhistorical denial of values that have been here adnauseum...

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
That puts an unfair glich in salaries for that position that actually is vital to teams and team production. An unhistorical denial of values that have been here adnauseum...
But when you look at it in another light.... and I don't mean you as in YOU...I mean you as in all of us...., when you take away all the bias, (not that thats really possible), and i WILL circle back to this....but even more importantly than that (not that my first point wasn't important, because it may be even more important than the point I'm making right now), is that despite all this, I do feel...or rather I HOPE...or maybe the better word is anticipate, than when this is all said and done, and we all look back at this, I can say for certain that when I say that, or feel that, these things are important to say, which is WHY I'M SAYING THEM RIGHT NOW, and having said that, I think a lot of times the things you don't say; are the things you can look back and say: BINGO! That was right on the money! That said, with something like this, its kinda hard to say, if you know what I mean.