What would you pay Pollard?

J12B

Reaction score
I would pay him the cab fare to the airport. Not worth a huge contract.
I mean I see it here all the time....DO NOT PAY RB's.
There's a difference between setting the market and giving a player what he deserves on a team friendly deal.

rambo2

Reaction score
He's currently making 10 as he has the tag. If we resign him, he's surely not getting that every year, unless he has a SUPER season.

With that said, I'm starting his offer off at about 6-7 million a year, for 3 years. 15 guaranteed? Or is that too much, please give me your thoughts....
It looks like they are trying to sign him. We might find out soon. It will give them more cap space.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Just let him play on the tag this year with the intent to let him walk next season. Draft a RB, even in the first round, if he is a GREAT one, blue chipper. Haven't looked to see the top RBs for next draft... If not, then 2nd round, with OL in the first.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just let him play on the tag this year with the intent to let him walk next season. Draft a RB, even in the first round, if he is a GREAT one, blue chipper. Haven't looked to see the top RBs for next draft... If not, then 2nd round, with OL in the first.
They can lock him up and save cap space.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Me, i'd shoot for retaining my very explosive runner and protect him with a strong runner to share actual positional needs as a base. The team already has special skills members of the positional group that can be maintained for about 3 seasons as is.

Sign a new deal with Pollard that is structured to free up money up front. Set the pay scale for $7M for 3 years. I Jerry is hungry for a Lombardi, then bring in a Cook or Henry and get it done, whatever it took for at least a one year deal with options.
Next season requires a dominant and cheap runner in the 2024 draft...and that also provides choices in the future.

Other wise a veteran will need to quickly signed front end of season, and the group altered towards the next draft.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'd look to get TP on an Aaron Jones type deal around $7M per year that way it's not so much that their looking to cut TP because of his contract, and he gets a decent deal.

3yrs, $23M ($16M guaranteed)

Havic

Reaction score
I wouldn’t resign him. This is his last year with us and draft the replacement

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sure, let's throw out a top of the NFL producer and dream of a 'great star.' You bet, that's the ticket...

quickccc

Reaction score
He's currently making 10 as he has the tag. If we resign him, he's surely not getting that every year, unless he has a SUPER season.

With that said, I'm starting his offer off at about 6-7 million a year, for 3 years. 15 guaranteed? Or is that too much, please give me your thoughts....
A constant asked repeated thread.

T- he reason you would even consider re-signing him to 10 mil per season is because you're thinking of him as a Super player that warrants that.

- In a new starter featured role, he is setting this season up to be his super season to walk into his either re-sign long term or open market bidding .. or another franchise tag year in 2-24.

_- With Zeke gone and no longer taking the bulk of the touches,.. and Kellen Moore who did not utilize Pollard's full skill set as a receiver
-- And Pollard now seems to be set in position where he can have a mega season ...

- Some people seem not content and acceptable to that Pollard is not a bell cow .. when he is better suited to be an All Purpose type.

- He is flat out one of the most Explosive Dynamic splash big play RBs in the entire NFL.

quickccc

Reaction score

To each his own ...

You know what you now have in Pollard albeit he is now there witihin your organization

You dunno what you have in a draft replacement ..

This is your Alvin Kamara gem find.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A constant asked repeated thread.

T- he reason you would even consider re-signing him to 10 mil per season is because you're thinking of him as a Super player that warrants that.

- In a new starter featured role, he is setting this season up to be his super season to walk into his either re-sign long term or open market bidding .. or another franchise tag year in 2-24.

_- With Zeke gone and no longer taking the bulk of the touches,.. and Kellen Moore who did not utilize Pollard's full skill set as a receiver
-- And Pollard now seems to be set in position where he can have a mega season ...

- Some people seem not content and acceptable to that Pollard is not a bell cow .. when he is better suited to be an All Purpose type.

- He is flat out one of the most Explosive Dynamic splash big play RBs in the entire NFL.
First off, a good post and your perspective.

Me, Pollard is a man and can take the pounding and deal some of his own. Just support him and his stamina for explosion! Don't attempt to remake the talent that is already top shelf now.
Give the coaches some inside running talent to work with and carry the full load.

As to pay, don't pinch pennies to look smart...oh, hear that term smart money? Sorry, pay the best respectfully...no other direction for a top team, to go and still be smart.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This IMO is where the confusion comes.........yea, their value at the table is crashing but let's not undermine the importance of their impact on the field. If you didn't know better, you think some are saying you don't need them to win games and that's just not true. Hell, I would argue, give me Cook or Derrick Henry with Pollard, we are a legit Super Bowl contender.
They’re for sure important but there is so many guys who can do a great job.

Most RBs get high production with high volume.

Havic

Reaction score
To each his own ...

You know what you now have in Pollard albeit he is now there witihin your organization

You dunno what you have in a draft replacement ..

This is your Alvin Kamara gem find.
I love pollard, but I don’t want to be caught in bad rb contracts. So if a reasonable 3 year can be had so be it, otherwise let’s get a nice comp pick for someone who will pay him

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as I appreciate him being 1 of only 2 true weapons on this team, where The opposition has to game plan for you, I’d let him walk. I’d like to see a shift away from paying WRs, RBs, and CBs top dollars and pay top dollars for O line and front 7 defensive players.

I think Jerry is incapable of thinking outside the 90s team blueprint where you need triplets and a Deion, but that’s what I hope they will do at some point.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As much as I appreciate him being 1 of only 2 true weapons on this team, where The opposition has to game plan for you, I’d let him walk. I’d like to see a shift away from paying WRs, RBs, and CBs top dollars and pay top dollars for O line and front 7 defensive players.

I think Jerry is incapable of thinking outside the 90s team blueprint where you need triplets and a Deion, but that’s what I hope they will do at some point.
Do that when the media are increasing bucket loads of immediate cash into the NFL..yea, that's 'smart' all right. Then don't support YOUR players and just listen to the joy.

quickccc

Reaction score
I love pollard, but I don’t want to be caught in bad rb contracts. So if a reasonable 3 year can be had so be it, otherwise let’s get a nice comp pick for someone who will pay him
Seems to be politics with the RB market. contracts.. they play a position that as much exposed and susceptible to injury and durability than any position in the NFL.
It makes it much worse when you have dinosaur type coaches that will grind and run RBs into the ground.- and we have had that kind of dinosaur HC that did so

And it depends upon what your stance and belief philosophy in RB contracts. ... some believe RBs dime a dozen availability., some say never dish out big contract money to ANY RB.
while I may be in minority group that say it's an exception with some particular RBs that key to your SB chances.

I can understand the arguing debate of it.- from both sides of the table.

Bing

Reaction score
Dallas never should of tagged him, I think they are seeing that now. Of course the Jones are always one step behind the times so that's no surprise. Gotta pay him his 10 million this year now but they need to let him walk at the end of the season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas never should of tagged him, I think they are seeing that now. Of course the Jones are always one step behind the times so that's no surprise. Gotta pay him his 10 million this year now but they need to let him walk at the end of the season.
Oh, cutting Ellis made the tagging cost the Cowboys $0 balance for a top producing runner retention...oh, for sure, that is whimsical stupidity. Yea, you bet.