Twitter: What Zeke feels about Moore as OC

_sturt_

Reaction score
You're right on both accounts, actually, @817Gill .

Yes, if it becomes apparent that my employer was holding out hiring me because they actually were hoping to hire someone else (or elses, plural), it sure doesn't reflect positively on me.

I'm not sure how else it can be read.

And yes, if they'd hired him immediately, you're right, as an outsider I would have been irked that they didn't look for someone else... BUT... at least if they'd done that, we could feel some degree of reassurance that they were completely persuaded it was the right move.

Instead, we're left to understand that they took what they could get when what they wanted wasn't get-able... our OC is, at best, the second choice, more likely the third choice, and even possibly the fourth choice.

817Gill

Reaction score
Reportedly, Dak was anything but fond of Linehan, hence Moore was being charged with dealing directly with Dak, rather than Linehan himself. It's the type of thing not normally advertised if a team prefers not to expose its dirty laundry. The fact that Linehan wasn't well liked by some of the players became increasingly obvious toward the end of his tenure with the team.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/in...s-relationship-with-scott-linehan-broken/amp/

_sturt_

Reaction score
@817Gill ... you read that blogger's entire post, right?

Here's what Dak said:

"“Kellen, I guess you call him the mediator at that point, when I come to the sideline. Me and him talk about what we saw and then he gets on the headset and he’s talking with Linehan. Then he’ll get back to me with what Linehan’s thinking with the plays and stuff that we’re working towards, so it’s been great.”

So, based on that comment, and then Bob Sturm deciding to tweet that it didn't sit well with him, we're left to agree with the accusation of the previous poster... "Reportedly, Dak was anything but fond of Linehan, hence Moore was being charged with dealing directly with Dak, rather than Linehan himself. It's the type of thing not normally advertised if a team prefers not to expose its dirty laundry. The fact that Linehan wasn't well liked by some of the players became increasingly obvious toward the end of his tenure with the team."

Really? Really?

You got all that from Dak saying that following the Carolina loss. Really?

If I recall correctly the actual question preceding the answer Dak gave was inquiring what he thought about Linehan being in the press box instead of on the sideline this (2018) season.

Wow. I'm just not perceptive enough, I guess. Can I take some empath classes somewhere?

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Moore is the biggest question mark for the 2019 Dallas Cowboys. There is just simply no way anyone outside the organization can have a good read on whether putting him in charge of the offense will make the front office look like geniuses or bums.

Exactly

cern

Reaction score
One can feel good about Kellen Moore w/o denying the obvious.

Moore was not their first choice, or he would have been named OC almost immediately after Linehan was let go. That much is obvious.

They were holding out for someone, and likely someones, plural.
Norv Turner wasn't our first choice during Jimmy's era. Still had a happy ending.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I don't recall that being the case, @cern , but I have no problem if it was because I accept the conclusion that being the 2nd or 3rd or 4th choice doesn't necessarily predict anything. It's mainly a matter of reassurance from where I sit.

Same as why I was okay with drafting Pollard, btw.... knowing that they had a few other S options, and yet decided that Pollard was a higher priority, was reassuring right away to some of us, even while others were going berserk over the pick. Knowing that, at least, they were sold on the pick was reassuring. But it doesn't mean they made the right choice, of course.

Hopefully they were right about Pollard, and hopefully, in this case, they were lucky to end up with something other than their first choice.

817Gill

Reaction score
@817Gill ... you read that blogger's entire post, right?

Here's what Dak said:

"“Kellen, I guess you call him the mediator at that point, when I come to the sideline. Me and him talk about what we saw and then he gets on the headset and he’s talking with Linehan. Then he’ll get back to me with what Linehan’s thinking with the plays and stuff that we’re working towards, so it’s been great.”

So, based on that comment, and then Bob Sturm deciding to tweet that it didn't sit well with him, we're left to agree with the accusation of the previous poster... "Reportedly, Dak was anything but fond of Linehan, hence Moore was being charged with dealing directly with Dak, rather than Linehan himself. It's the type of thing not normally advertised if a team prefers not to expose its dirty laundry. The fact that Linehan wasn't well liked by some of the players became increasingly obvious toward the end of his tenure with the team."

Really? Really?

You got all that from Dak saying that following the Carolina loss. Really?

If I recall correctly the actual question preceding the answer Dak gave was inquiring what he thought about Linehan being in the press box instead of on the sideline this (2018) season.

Wow. I'm just not perceptive enough, I guess. Can I take some empath classes somewhere?
I replied to you about the Cowboys taking 3 weeks to officially hire KM. I have 0 clue what you’ve tagged me in here lol

_sturt_

Reaction score
I replied to you about the Cowboys taking 3 weeks to officially hire KM. I have 0 clue what you’ve tagged me in here lol

Yes, you did.

And this isn't also you?...

2019-05-07_1813.png

... b/c that link isn't about that, it's about the other.

817Gill

Reaction score
Yes, you did.

And this isn't also you?...

2019-05-07_1813.png

... b/c that link isn't about that, it's about the other.
Yeah I sent that to @Bullflop not you lol. I just sent him the only article I could find on the issue, no need to dedicate a soliloquy to me lmao

_sturt_

Reaction score
Pardon my presumption. It seemed it was more easily taken as an attempt to affirm that the accusation the other poster made was somehow valid. (And to be honest, still does.)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Moore’s resume is like Bigfoot sightings. It truly is amazing he is the OC on a Contender. Everyone thinks they have a McVey on their hands now. There is a reason 30 year old NFL coaching wunderkids are rare.

GenoT

Reaction score
Maybe, if this were going to be a traditional OC role.

This is not going to be a traditional OC role

Go back and re-read the quotes leading up to and just after KM was named OC.

He's getting a title, and surely he'll have some very specific leadership responsibilities within that... but the wildcatting term seems more appropriately applied to how they're intending to incorporate Moore with Nussemeier, Columbo, and Kitna in some kind of unspecified team approach to creating and implementing the offense... and evidently with Garrett's approval because he was in that room when they made the decisions they did.

This is Garrett's offense. This is Garrett's career at-stake, so of course it is. Moore will do some things... designing some plays, calling some plays... but everything he does will be under the scrutiny and tutelage of his boss, like you'd expect any 29 year-old (he's still not 30 yet) to be given in any other job under a 53 year-old supervisor.

It the end, Garrett either will own the success or will own the failure. It's his ship. All of which is as it should be.
That’s a lot of assumption on your part.

We’ll see...

_sturt_

Reaction score
That’s a lot of assumption on your part.

We’ll see...

I will admit my assumptions, but I will call attention to my basis for believing them correct, which is more than what a lot of posters typically do. Two assumptions in the previous post. The first is based on comments made by Jerry, Stephen and Jason before and after the hire. The second is based on what I believe in any other environment people would recognize as common sense reasoning.

817Gill

Reaction score
Pardon my presumption. It seemed it was more easily taken as an attempt to affirm that the accusation the other poster made was somehow valid. (And to be honest, still does.)
Just throwing the article out there since neither of y’all seemed like y’all wanted to look it up. I was bored at work lol just tried to assist

Verdict

Reaction score
Putting a green horn OC under a HC in his contract year is just a recipe for failure.

Linehan was a surrogate for Garrett's ideology. That is why he lasted so long. Callahan, not so much.

Sean McVay isn’t a lot older than Moore. I’m just sayin.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
...…until Garrett reminds him whose offense he is running and who the HC is.

Exactly. Garrett will also have to remind Moore that we don't make adjustments at halftime, let alone at any other time.
We run the HC's game plan without adjustments, but if we lose then it's the fault of the OC.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Sean McVay isn’t a lot older than Moore. I’m just sayin.

Which is like saying, since there is an example of an NFL team having acquired its franchise QB in the 4th round of a draft, every other 4th round QB pick should automatically enjoy the same credibility. Yes?

Won't matter. The more legitimate comparison is how much control the Rams' HC and the Cowboys' HC... similar to the Saints' HC, btw... will exercise over their offenses in 2019, as opposed to each of their coordinators. Linehan is gone, but not only that, he took the more typical and traditional OC role with him.