What's a non qb related unpopular opinion you have?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I meant top 5 in career sacks. We gotta hope Micah body can hold up, he seems to already be wearing down this season

Agreed. He has to maintain. Ware was a guy that was typically there to play every year. But to me, as of the first 1.5 years, Micah seems better.

cnuball21

Reaction score
which is why he needs to play LB. Bashing himself against the big bodies up front will lead to a short career.

It would be so Cowboys of us to ruin Parsons career by trying to turn him into a full time DE.

McMicah

Reaction score
I fear In 3 years Micah will be an average pass rusher and average lb bc he will have destroyed his undersized body as a DE and bulked up too much to have range as a lb

kskboys

Reaction score
It would be so Cowboys of us to ruin Parsons career by trying to turn him into a full time DE.
Same thing we did w/ Raltif keeping him at NT. He was only effective for a couple years, and wore out quickly because he wasn't built for that type of pounding. Sad, very sad, what Jerry did to him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Same thing we did w/ Raltif keeping him at NT. He was only effective for a couple years, and wore out quickly because he wasn't built for that type of pounding. Sad, very sad, what Jerry did to him.

Yup. Terrible move on Rat.

kskboys

Reaction score
The NFL is not near as much of a passing league as many/most seem to think.

Not just any RB will do. Need short area burst and some moves to get to and thru the LOS.

Long speed isn't anywhere near as important in a RB as most seem to think.

Those are my thoughts, BTW, which are contrary to the majority, it appears.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So Non QB related
here I go.

1.) Trevon Diggs may be inconsistent but is the best player on this defense when he's on. Our coverage was a large part of why Parsons was able to look so good despite missing Gregory and Lawrence. Coverage actually matters more the pass rush. Micah Parsons is great at what he does but is a luxury piece on our defense, and if given the chance to sign either or i'd choose Diggs.

Yours?

2.) Being a run first offense isn't a great way to be successful late in the season or in the playoffs because stopping the run takes less talent. A less talented team can stop the run, but if your corners are bad I don't care who you are you're not stopping Chase, Higgins and Boyd. They can get separation within 2 seconds and unless you have 2 Aaron Donalds or Lawrence Taylors you're not getting there.
Late in the season. Being able to run the ball. It’s one of the best things you can do.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hate to even say this but it's a gut feeling

I feel like Micah is absolutely destroying himself to put up numbers and get the big payday.

And he is going to get it and after he does he is going to be physically compromised and a shadow of his former self.
I totally agree, they just too concerned with statistics

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Shultz is by far the best the best right end on the team and Ferguson/Henderslot are overrated by the board.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The league has figured out how to scheme Micah Parsons, and he's going to be perpetually frustrated from here on out.
I don’t think. He’s going to have a problem at all. If we get ahead and you need to pass he’s going to be in their face. I’m not worried about him

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Micah Parsons is a generation pass rush, but basically an LVE clone at run defense and pass coverage.

If he couldn't rush the passer like he does people would be calling him a bust right now.
:huh: That is like saying let’s take the deep speed away from Tyreek Hill’s game or let’s take away Brady’s processing ability.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The league has figured out how to scheme Micah Parsons, and he's going to be perpetually frustrated from here on out.

Not buying into that one. Teams have figured out that if they keep pounding the rock they slow Dallas' pass rush because they still have to play the run on 3rd and short. How many times were the Packers or Bears in obvious passing situations? Not many!

Bing

Reaction score
I'll say it again. The biggest problem with Dallas is Jerry Jones does not know how to build at team. He just tries to fit in available players as needed. A player may be great in college but if he is coming from a system that Dallas does not use/follow. Or Jerry's BS excuse of wanting to try and plug and play him into a different position then basically Dallas is not acquiring his raw talent that made him great to begin with.

That is why a good evaluator of picking the right players that fit your system and not just picking the best rated player in the draft is so important. Something Dallas dosen't have with JerryJones in charge. And until they do we might have some great individual players but will never have the proper players needed to win a superbowl

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I totally agree, they just too concerned with statistics
More like, Micah makes us better right now by playing DE, but it's very short term and we sacrifice our run stop ability by playing him there.

Micah is an excellent run defender at LB, but a poor one at DE, due strictly to size.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not buying into that one. Teams have figured out that if they keep pounding the rock they slow Dallas' pass rush because they still have to play the run on 3rd and short. How many times were the Packers or Bears in obvious passing situations? Not many!
And those rush DT's are not great at stopping the run. When you play two light in the pants DT's together in the middle, you will be bad against the run. This is an old tried and true NFL adage.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll say it again. The biggest problem with Dallas is Jerry Jones does not know how to build at team. He just tries to fit in available players as needed. A player may be great in college but if he is coming from a system that Dallas does not use/follow. Or Jerry's BS excuse of wanting to try and plug and play him into a different position then basically Dallas is not acquiring his raw talent that made him great to begin with.

That is why a good evaluator of picking the right players that fit your system and not just picking the best rated player in the draft is so important. Something Dallas dosen't have with JerryJones in charge. And until they do we might have some great individual great players but will never have the proper players needed to win a superbowl
He’s not a GM, he thinks he is. If he just wouldn’t micromanage. You do know who the GM is just not on paper. Will McClay

kskboys

Reaction score
He’s not a GM, he thinks he is. If he just wouldn’t micromanage. You do know who the GM is just not on paper. Will McClay
Unfortunately, it's quite obvious that Jerry has his say.