What's Funny to me about Rush vs Prescott

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

Stop this ridiculousness.
L take. A really bad L.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

"Let me start out by saying that coop literally" sees the field better than Dak. He is more decisive than Dak. And he is more cost efficient than Dak. Hell we can sign coop to a 2 year 20 mill a year contract and take that other 20 and buy more talent.

Dak is a waste of freaking money and always has been. You Dak lovers/defenders amaze me. It's like you have 0 football knowledge. Your just a fan. Your no better than a woman fan. You are here to cheer and drink beer but your knowledge stops when the announcers stop talking.

Slick

Reaction score
I definitely understand where you're coming from. But I do believe Rush makes quicker decisions to get rid of the ball than Dak CURRENTLY. Im not saying Dak isn't capable because he's already shown he's more than capable. He's just not there right now.

With that said, im going to show you how far the hypocrisy amongst many here stretches....

1. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in NFL history to be drafted in the 4th round and held to higher standards than other quarterbacks that were drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds....

2. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in the NFL who only played 6 full seasons and is constantly compared to quarterbacks with 10 or more years body of work when he only has 6 seasons of a body of work.

Thats like comparing the educational level of a 7th grader to the educational level of someone in their senior year of college. Make that make sense....

3. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in the NFL to get his first 3 games as a ROOKIE stacked up against a backup QB whos been in the NFL for 6 years and also IN THE SAME OFFENSE FOR 5 YEARS.

Let's review that.... so a guy coming out of college with 4 months in an offense is supposed to have a better understanding and success in his first 3 games than a guy who's been in an offense for 5 YEARS?????

I would love to see the name of ANY other quarterbacks who've been through these same exact things as our 4th round quarterback, Dak Prescott. Please make all of this make sense for us....
How do you defend a guy no matter what round he was drafted in that basically shows zero improvement? Especially over 6 years? Get real...... He's not a franchise QB. He's an overpaid bus driver at that, and the numbers of playoff wins is proof.

Cooper is a backup, and doing his job..... Very nicely so far and earning his money, Dak is a starter, not delivering, never mind for his salary, not earning his money...... Your turn.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
There's really no need for an argument about Dak vs. Rush. Dak will start once he is healthy, and likely it'll be too soon.

If you think Jerry is going to have $40M sit on the bench, you are nuts.

GINeric

Reaction score
How do you defend a guy no matter what round he was drafted in that basically shows zero improvement? Especially over 6 years? Get real...... He's not a franchise QB. He's an overpaid bus driver at that, and the numbers of playoff wins is proof.

Cooper is a backup, and doing his job..... Very nicely so far and earning his money, Dak is a starter, not delivering, never mind for his salary, not earning his money...... Your turn.

You said number of playoff wins is proof?? Fair enough....

Dak won his first playoff game in his second year in the NFL.

P. Manning didn't win his first playoff game until his 5th or 6th season.

Drew Brees didn't win his first playoff game until his 6th season I believe.

Matt Stafford didn't win his first playoff game until his 10th or 11th season.

According to your logic, what is this proof of??? Lets take it further!!!

Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles have the same amount of Superbowl rings as Aaron Rodgers..... according to your logic, how should I gage this???

You said Dak is not earning his money??? Fair enough.... now besides Brady and Mahomes, name me any other quarterback in the NFL that is earning their max contracts.....

And name me ONE 4th round drafted quarterback in history that is held to a higher standards than other 1st and second round quarterbacks.....

As a matter of fact, make sure you give me answers to the things I've just touched on.

I'll wait..... your turn!!!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Let me start out by saying that this has nothing to do with either of them but everything with some delusional individuals ob the boards here. Dak and Cooper are just doing their jobs the best they can. Some people here then turn this into a rivalry or even more. That is nonsense. Rush keeps this boat afloat until Dak returns. And that is great, I love him for it. I love the teams attitude atm, how they adapted their game to Rushs style and got winning in the process.

Whenever Dak is ready to play the coaching staff will make a decision and then we'll go from there. Nothing more, nothing less.

GINeric

Reaction score
Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls in his first 5 seasons....after being drafted in the 6th round.....so stop crying in your attempt to protect Dak.

Tom Brady is the GOAT. But thats one quarterback out of 100 years of NFL quarterbacks.... give me another example of a 4th to 6th round quarterback that is held to higher standards than 1st and 2nd round pick quarterbacks....

With that said, if your punk *** could read, i said in other threads that if Rush continues to play well, I would entertain trade options for Dak and name Rush the remaining starter.

Oh yeah.... i don't cry about anything lil guy. I leave the crying to weak ones like you.

But i can't wait to hear your attempts at an explanation to what I've posted above.

GINeric

Reaction score
Want to see the tables turn on Rush? Wait till his first loss!

Nah, we support Rush, Dak, Grier, or whomever else is wearing that star.

We're not like the weak minded cowards here who cheer against their own players.

Cebrin

Reaction score

It's not ridiculous yet. I just wanna see how they react when he doesn't beat "winning teams". :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, great teams win Superbowls. Much like the 90's Cowboys, I can name almost the entire roster of the Patriots during their run. That's because I watch the game not just a QB. For all of the greatness Tom has provided, he has not once won a championship playing with the garbage this team has consistently put out.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
Of course Dak should be the starter, but to say Cooper does nothing better is wrong.You going to tell me that Dak can process info quicker and read a D better than Cooper is just ridiculous.Rush is known for his football intelligence and for being a film room junkie,2 things Dak is not.
Precisely. Dak can’t play well against zones. There is plenty of film showing this.

Cmac

Reaction score
Want to see the tables turn on Rush? Wait till his first loss!
Yep.....but some of us will not base it on the win or loss.....simply his play. That's why I want to see him perform against the current elite coming on our schedule.....Rams & Eagles.
And as usual.....I'll also be looking at how KMoore sets the tables for him, with an unpredictable game plan for the opponent instead of a good D saying "We knew what they were doing."

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares. Just win baby.
Are you all too young to know that that is NOT a Cowboys mantra? The team it originated with is 0-3 so they ain't winning nothing baby. I wish y'all would stop saying it, but I know you won't.

Cmac

Reaction score

Great effort BlueStar22.....great post......but it ain't gonna work. Dak has currently replaced Zeke as the Fall Guy. The Board needs to see Cooper against the Rams & Eagles based on his play....not the win or loss, but his play. And to his credit, Cooper has been very humbling and matter-of-fact with his interviews.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
"Let me start out by saying that coop literally" sees the field better than Dak. He is more decisive than Dak. And he is more cost efficient than Dak. Hell we can sign coop to a 2 year 20 mill a year contract and take that other 20 and buy more talent.

Dak is a waste of freaking money and always has been. You Dak lovers/defenders amaze me. It's like you have 0 football knowledge. Your just a fan. Your no better than a woman fan. You are here to cheer and drink beer but your knowledge stops when the announcers stop talking.
I don't agree with @BlueStar22 post, but it's his opinion so let him own it.

I also believe Dak isn't the answer we seek at QB, but posts like yours is why this board is turning into crap.

You're (remember this word, you should be using it in "your" posts) commenting on someone else's football knowledge and also suggest we sign Coop to a 2 year 20 million contract and use the other 20 million to purchase more talent?

Do you know Dak has a no trade clause in his contract? And you don't magically get 40 million dollars by getting rid of Dak?

And "no better than a woman fan." I'm not sure how long you have been here, but there are several women fans on here that have a high football IQ. Judging by the few posts of yours that I've read, they could run circles around you. In my humble opinion of course. My money would be on posters like @maryquality and @Ranched over you when talking football.

Ease up and just post your opinions, it's really not that hard.

EDIT- I would be remiss if I didn't mention @WoodysGirl and @Boyzmamacita , sorry ladies!!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You said number of playoff wins is proof?? Fair enough....

Dak won his first playoff game in his second year in the NFL.

P. Manning didn't win his first playoff game until his 5th or 6th season.

Drew Brees didn't win his first playoff game until his 6th season I believe.

Matt Stafford didn't win his first playoff game until his 10th or 11th season.

According to your logic, what is this proof of??? Lets take it further!!!

Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles have the same amount of Superbowl rings as Aaron Rodgers..... according to your logic, how should I gage this???

You said Dak is not earning his money??? Fair enough.... now besides Brady and Mahomes, name me any other quarterback in the NFL that is earning their max contracts.....

And name me ONE 4th round drafted quarterback in history that is held to a higher standards than other 1st and second round quarterbacks.....

As a matter of fact, make sure you give me answers to the things I've just touched on.

I'll wait..... your turn!!!

How many playoff games has Dak won since his 2nd season?

I'll wait.