What's Funny to me about Rush vs Prescott

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didn't see this post, but he's probably a troll.

I only saw the post about the scouting report which is what my response was about.

You said you didn’t believe anyone said Cooper Rush is the next Tom Brady. You might try looking at all the threads before accusing someone of making things up. :thumbup:

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

Stop this ridiculousness.

Dont cry Dakota . it will be alright

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Speaking of quarterbacks. I'll take Dak over this guy any day!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think you’re reading and reaching on that interpretation. I think someone posted the positives of a scouting report on Cooper and remarked about how they were quite similar in those positives to what was reported about Brady, especially when it came to the mental aspect of the game. I don’t believe anyone said that he’s the next Tom Brady.
Wrong

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’m searching for the comment but there’s one fan claiming the Cowboys defense is on par with the 85 Bears and could be even better. Lol I’ve never seen a group of fans that go overboard like this one does. It’s hilarious! :laugh: We have the next Tom Brady in Cooper Rush and he’s being supported by a defense that’s on par with the 85 Bears. LOL!!!
He's better than Tom Brady dude, come on.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yes, the team has played well enough to win despite the penalties. The defense is certainly the star of the show thus far. But Rush has led the offense to get points and that should not be underrated. Also, the style of Rush's play doesn't require the Oline to block so long, etc.. People see how it all fits together and are understandably curious why a guy in his 7th year seems to struggle so much.

If Dak was a consistently high performer (regardless of game outcome), questions wouldn't be getting asked.

Competition is good and if Dak rises to the occasion it benefits everyone. But he shouldn't just keep his job simply because he has been the starter. He needs to show he is the better player.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's better than Tom Brady dude, come on.

If we end up winning the next three games with him a lot of fans will start believing that.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If we end up winning the next three games with him a lot of fans will start believing that.
Some already do, it's like an asylum here. It keeps getting more nuttier too.
I mean, constant entertainment.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
There’s a thread that was posted just a few days ago claiming Cooper Rush is the next Tom Brady. :laugh: You have another fan claiming he’s having an MVP season and there’s another fan claiming he’ll be surprised if we lose game with Rush. There can’t possibly be a fan base that has a group of fans as off centered as this one. It’s pure comedy here. Lol
Ignore them, they are of the same ilk of fans who have claimed Dak is in contention for league MVP and is an elite top 5 QB.

They are both average.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some already do, it's like an asylum here. It keeps getting more nuttier too.
I mean, constant entertainment.

There’s definitely at least one fan who does. Just a few days ago there was a Kurt Warner comparison to Cooper Rush. The insanity never ends here! They need to create a therapy zone on this site. Maybe they can find Dr. Phil type to moderate it.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Of course Dak should be the starter, but to say Cooper does nothing better is wrong.You going to tell me that Dak can process info quicker and read a D better than Cooper is just ridiculous.Rush is known for his football intelligence and for being a film room junkie,2 things Dak is not.
If Rush processed info quicker than Dak or read a defense better, why isn't he a starting quarterback in the NFL some anyone else? Why did the Giants let him go? Why did he clear waivers again after being cut? Think about that.

GINeric

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

Stop this ridiculousness.

I definitely understand where you're coming from. But I do believe Rush makes quicker decisions to get rid of the ball than Dak CURRENTLY. Im not saying Dak isn't capable because he's already shown he's more than capable. He's just not there right now.

With that said, im going to show you how far the hypocrisy amongst many here stretches....

1. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in NFL history to be drafted in the 4th round and held to higher standards than other quarterbacks that were drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds....

2. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in the NFL who only played 6 full seasons and is constantly compared to quarterbacks with 10 or more years body of work when he only has 6 seasons of a body of work.

Thats like comparing the educational level of a 7th grader to the educational level of someone in their senior year of college. Make that make sense....

3. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in the NFL to get his first 3 games as a ROOKIE stacked up against a backup QB whos been in the NFL for 6 years and also IN THE SAME OFFENSE FOR 5 YEARS.

Let's review that.... so a guy coming out of college with 4 months in an offense is supposed to have a better understanding and success in his first 3 games than a guy who's been in an offense for 5 YEARS?????

I would love to see the name of ANY other quarterbacks who've been through these same exact things as our 4th round quarterback, Dak Prescott. Please make all of this make sense for us....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ignore them, they are of the same ilk of fans who have claimed Dak is in contention for league MVP and is an elite top 5 QB.

They are both average.

Dak was in contention for league MVP until he got injured in 2020 and again he was in contention for league MVP last season until he injured his calf and was never the same player when he returned.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, I agree completely. But for the sake of the conversation I was responding to it's a moot point. The guy said that Anthony Brown's 4 pi's didn't factor into the loss... So yes. You and I are on the same page, just not for this instance.

Fair enough.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I definitely understand where you're coming from. But I do believe Rush makes quicker decisions to get rid of the ball than Dak CURRENTLY. Im not saying Dak isn't capable because he's already shown he's more than capable. He's just not there right now.

With that said, im going to show you how far the hypocrisy amongst many here stretches....

1. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in NFL history to be drafted in the 4th round and held to higher standards than other quarterbacks that were drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds....

2. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in the NFL who only played 6 full seasons and is constantly compared to quarterbacks with 10 or more years body of work when he only has 6 seasons of a body of work.

Thats like comparing the educational level of a 7th grader to the educational level of someone in their senior year of college. Make that make sense....

3. Dak is the FIRST quarterback in the NFL to get his first 3 games as a ROOKIE stacked up against a backup QB whos been in the NFL for 6 years and also IN THE SAME OFFENSE FOR 5 YEARS.

Let's review that.... so a guy coming out of college with 4 months in an offense is supposed to have a better understanding and success in his first 3 games than a guy who's been in an offense for 5 YEARS?????

I would love to see the name of ANY other quarterbacks who've been through these same exact things as our 4th round quarterback, Dak Prescott. Please make all of this make sense for us....

Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls in his first 5 seasons....after being drafted in the 6th round.....so stop crying in your attempt to protect Dak.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You said you didn’t believe anyone said Cooper Rush is the next Tom Brady. You might try looking at all the threads before accusing someone of making things up. :thumbup:
I never said you made anything up. I spoke from the perspective that you were referring to the post I broached about the scouting report and said you were reading too much into that or reaching for an interpretation. I’m not going to search for every thread in the forum, especially ones I don’t know about and don’t even know what to search for. For all I know, that could’ve been said in thread about bad officiating. Besides, why would anyone give credence to anyone saying a player who’s started three games is the next Tom Brady? It’s ridiculous and only something a troll would say.