What's Funny to me about Rush vs Prescott

Ken

Reaction score
No, it's when folks talk up modest accomplishments as if they were legendary performances and are then perplexed when the team loses to a quality opponent that drives some of us crazy. Stop worshipping a player and understand what your eyes & results on the field tell you. The player mostly falters against better teams. It's been proven over & over again.
The team falls apart against better competition.

Some of it is Dak and a lot of it is penalties, scheme, and forgetting how to stop the run.

The simple answer is it is all Dak's fault. It isn't a simple answer.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
what was said was that he did nothing after Denver and that clearly wasn't the case.

It was assumed that most fans aren't impressed by beating up on overmatched \ injury riddled teams. He clearly didn't win any big important games.

Also, the stats clearly point out that the only reason the stats look good is because he feasted on those weak teams. Even then, if you adjust the wins for contributions by defense, special teams, etc., they helped put him in position to shoot free throws.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lets hope Rush wins the next game also, Dak will be back and if he sucks then we can all scream for Rush...Dak sucking or Rush playing at his highest level will both end in us losing to a playoff team anyway. We have yet to beat a team that will be in the playoffs, but hell yes winning with QB2 in is always the best outcome when they have to play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It was assumed that most fans aren't impressed by beating up on overmatched \ injury riddled teams. He clearly didn't win any big important games.

Also, the stats clearly point out that the only reason the stats look good is because he feasted on those weak teams. Even then, if you adjust the wins for contributions by defense, special teams, etc., they helped put him in position to shoot free throws.

so then Rush helping the team beat NY was really no big deal. Fact is defense has done more to help Dallas win these last 2 games, with 6 sacks on burrow and 5 sacks on Jones. Neither team could muster up much of anything.

Proof

Reaction score

Not how it works my guy. Words have meanings. And please show the adjusted wins I'd be interested in seeing that. I'd assume that Anthony Brown alone would adjust that Raiders game to a win as well.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
so then Rush helping the team beat NY was really no big deal. Fact is defense has done more to help Dallas win these last 2 games, with 6 sacks on burrow and 5 sacks on Jones. Neither team could muster up much of anything.
Go on and tell us how you don't care who the QB is as long as we win some more.....

Ken

Reaction score

Unless Rush squeeks by a bad Giants team...then it is "he is the Light", "OMGz he is soooo smart".

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team falls apart against better competition.

Some of it is Dak and a lot of it is penalties, scheme, and forgetting how to stop the run.

The simple answer is it is all Dak's fault. It isn't a simple answer.
That is right. We just had a zeke hater post in a celebrate Pollard thread. Something about declining yards...means he sucks.

It's a very easy, cheap, and lazy way to criticize Zeke. He is NOT above criticism....but there are many reasons for "declining" production. Right off the bat he set the bar VERY high.

Well....never mind about that...other than agreeing with you. Sometimes answers are simple and correct, other times more complicated.

It surely ISN'T all Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless Rush squeeks by a bad Giants team...then it is "he is the Light", "OMGz he is soooo smart".
The bad giants team was supposed to be better than us...so.....what's up with this?

Maybe my sarcasm meter needs checked?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Not how it works my guy. Words have meanings. And please show the adjusted wins I'd be interested in seeing that. I'd assume that Anthony Brown alone would adjust that Raiders game to a win as well.

That's what watching the game is for. Correlate what your eyes\brain is telling you versus what the stats say. We had the most takeaways in the league last year, right? That's extra possessions, short fields, spirit killers.

Nothing Anthony did (or was flagged for) would have any impact on the offenses complete inability to do anything against the Raiders.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Go on and tell us how you don't care who the QB is as long as we win some more.....

I don't, I'm using yours and other mess up logic. What I care about most is this team winning game. I fully support Rush and again I TAKE NO GAME FOR GRANTED, I don't buy into your BS that oh it is just the Giants. You guys do that crap Dak win oh they did not play anyone. So my comment as more about you and other critics. I Like Rush and yes I like Dak and fully expect him to return to the starting position when healthy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't, I'm using yours and other mess up logic. What I care about most is this team winning game. I fully support Rush and again I TAKE NO GAME FOR GRANTED, I don't buy into your BS that oh it is just the Giants. You guys do that crap Dak win oh they did not play anyone. So my comment as more about you and other critics. I Like Rush and yes I like Dak and fully expect him to return to the starting position when healthy.
Yeah.

We believe you lol

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

Stop this ridiculousness.
Rush does a really good job at reading a defense pre and post snap. Physically, Dak is the superior player, but I think Rush is a more cerebral player that would be an excellent QB if he didn't have his limitations.

I'm curious to see how the offense functions when QB1 is back under center. Dak needs to prove that he can operate this offense without without Amari Cooper, which was by far my biggest concern of the offseason. If Rush can move this offense, there's no excuse.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
33 points and 375 yards and 2 tds vs the Raiders doesn't count. Especially without Cooper and Ceedee.

New Orleans was a win and they had a top 5 defense. Held Hurts to 117 yards, Brady to 214, and Rogers to 133 last year.

Arizona, pull to within 3 with 4 minutes to go...defense can't get the ball back.

KC bad game, top 10 defense on the road.

Of course....if Cooper Rush had done HALF as good as Dak did against those other teams, you all would be doing backflips.

vs. Raiders Dak led Dallas to 13 points by the end of the 3rd quarter (Pollard had a kickoff return for TD in the 3rd quarter)

vs. Saints their QB threw 4 INT's (1 returned for a TD) and saw Dak throw for 238 yards with 1 TD 1 INT

vs.Arizona Dak led Dallas to 7 points to start the 4th quarter (so stop blaming the Dallas defense)

vs. KC Dallas defense held KC to 19 points and Dak threw 2 INT's and had 1 Fumble (led to 3 KC points and INT was on KC 20 yard line down 19-9 with 1:05 remaining in the game)

If you are going to try and defend Dak's play, try using better examples.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

We had 176 rushing yards on 30 carries...just like when teams do it to us you win those games, Rush did his job and thats what we need him to do anytime he plays...anyone who wants to fool themselves into thinking Dak's highest level and Rush higest are the same are just showing what thier football IQ is. Fact is if we can win games that QB2 has to play thats greatness....when we play a playoff team who can limit the running game Rush can not throw us to win, and no Dak cant either playing the way he did week1 so if you want success you better hope we get first half of the season Dak back,,,otherwise your really just hoping to get close to the playoffs and lose again...

edit :we better hope, i know you do also.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Unfortunately, you are one of the posters that seems more a defender of your beliefs than one who wants to engage in meaningful discussion. You discount any evidence that doesn't support your beliefs while loudly proclaiming any shred that might support your beliefs as indisputable facts.

If you don't like watching an offense that actually has some rhythm and flow to it, then don't watch while Rush is playing.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Rush is a wide receivers best friend. Aikman hinted at this in the broadcast.
The ability to throw a guy into safety is crucial. When ceedee lamb slides for a ball over the middle he saves himself an unnecessary hit form a safety. So therefore when he gets a smoke route later in the game he’s welcome enough to lower his shoulder and fight for extra yards and break the game open.

as a quarterback you can’t just do your job and hope for the best, you have to do whatever you have to to help the others succeed in their jobs too. It’s your offense you’re responsible for everything that happens out there