Whats it going to take for Rod to get fired?

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't remember the Legion of Boom playing Bend But Dont Break.

I got the acronym. You didn't need to spell it out for me... lol.
Do a little research and you'll find that Richard calls the defense.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep.
You can look it up yourself.
There's an article where Richard says Rod has been gracious enough
to allow him to call the defense and grow as a coach.

Yes he calls the defensive alignment rod still calls a defensive line play.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Again, for everyone in the back.
Rod does not call the defense!
He's DC in title only.
Kris Richard calls the defense on game day.

Right, he coaches the defensive line, the same defensive line that can’t stop the run and can’t pressure the QB consistently.

What were people thinking to criticize him?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Right, he coaches the defensive line, the same defensive line that can’t stop the run and can’t pressure the QB consistently.

What were people thinking to criticize him?

Dude, I'm just pointing out who's calling the game on defense.
I'm not a fan of hanging on to old coaches.
This reminds me of the Monte Kiffin years.

I think they both suck. Jourdan Lewis standing on the sideline
while Anthony Brown is getting beat or flagged on the field is
unnerving for me, so I'm not a fan of Richard either.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
And let who takeover the defense?

not richard.....im sorry but hes bought little to nothing to this unit

2013 Seahawks:
Richard Sherman
Cam Chancellor
Earl Thomas
Bobby Wagner

Did Richard mold those guys into a SB champion unit? Or did those guys make Richard a SB winning secondary coach?

Looks more like the latter after these last two games...

Sydla

Reaction score
Again, for everyone in the back.
Rod does not call the defense!
He's DC in title only.
Kris Richard calls the defense on game day.

They both should be fired. Marinelli still coaches the defensive line and he is responsible for their development, how they play, who they draft, etc.

Sydla

Reaction score
And FWIW, multiple times yesterday during the game they flashed to the sideline and you could see Richard reading the play sheet and calling in a play to Smith, who calls the play on the field. Richard basically calls the defensive plays. Richard isn't calling in a play to the LBs and secondary and then Marinelli calls in a play to the DL.

Both need to go.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Richard FINALLY made some adjustments. In true Marinelli fashion, HE DID NOT. That's a fireable offense. We could stop NO ONE running the rock. We made a very average rb look like Walter Payton. Dunno how ya'll feel...but that's not gonna cut it as far as whats expected from a Dallas Cowboys team.We will be very lucky to go 7-9 with a run defense that bad. I think its scheme. I defended Marinelli last week. I regret that. Its obvious he is running a failed scheme.We have the talent,but they are not being put into positions to succeed. FIRE HIM NOW. Elevate Ben Bloom to DC immediately.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BEN BLOOM is a very good coach and should be made DC. Several things caught my eye Sunday. ONE, we were badly outcoached on defense especially. WE GOT OUTSCHEMED. Packers had a wonderful,yet simple game plan. Run at our weakness,which is our soft interior. THEY DID THAT. Secondly, we looked slow,unprepared on both sides. THAT IS COACHING. Garrett should be fired. Marinelli...FIRED. Our wideouts looked like they weren't sure where to go,which caused at least 1 int by Dak. Gallup should be our number 1 go to guy..its obvious...dude is a beast. Cooper is a complimentary stud opposite Gallup. Dak is fine...but he MUST have help. The oline was terrible..just bad. Penalties over and over from the oline. THATS NO TEAM DISCIPLINE. SEE THE THEME? Same old culture as last year...we beat ourselves and allow the refs to finish us off. The scheme we run on the dline isn't working.