What's Next? Cowboys' LB corps is in dire straits

kskboys

Reaction score
we already had big Hankins, at some point we cannot keep relying upon one big guy to fix our run D;
it still comes with right players, right coaches, right scheme.
And lined up next to Hankins? Undersized Osa who was a big reason teams ran off tackle on us consistently.

kskboys

Reaction score
I admit I don’t understand it enough to say for sure, but will it not be difficult for the LB play to improve if the DT play does not?
Very difficult. Also, it will be difficult for them to stay healthy if the DT's aren't able to slow down the ball carriers.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Great article and Patrik Walker don't actually go together.

He can go onto "the Science Lob" all he wants but he's another in a long line of Dallas media yes men.

Hard to take anyone sports journalits serious who gets "chills" over WWE storylines.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The LB corp is nonexistent. LVE will not be back, Overshown might be too light. and the mouth is now a rusher.

LB will be a major concern in the draft. Probably around round 5 or later. "In Jerry, we trust, in Jerry we die"

We need a new TE in the first, the new guy is not looking good.
TE in the 1st round unless there is a hurt one then we will take him in round two to get value.:muttley:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
A Lb'er doesn't grow on trees but can be found with due diligence through free agency and the draft. Jerry needs to back up his mouth with the all in interview that he did and break out the checkbook. Imperative to get bigger smarter faster and agile line backers for this defense among other pieces that need added as well.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
If Overshown starts we're FFFFFfffff'd. We need to LB help in the biggest way.

Zordon

Reaction score
My biggest fear this offseason is that they think LVE and Overshown will solve their LB problems.

I was the first person to post Oveshown's high school tape on the internet on a Longhorns forum years ago. I know who he is and what he's capable of. He's not someone who can stay healthy, period. LVE is done too. But knowing the Cowboys they will fallback on these two to fix their LB problem. It's not going to work.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They cannot count on Overshown at all right now. He’s just as green as a new rookie. The exciting thing about Zimm coming on is he will want LB’s.
Yeah Zimmerman isn’t going to roll with the trash linebacking squad we’ve been playing with here.

I’m hoping they stock the shelves with dudes that can actually play the position this offseason.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The LB corp is nonexistent. LVE will not be back, Overshown might be too light. and the mouth is now a rusher.

LB will be a major concern in the draft. Probably around round 5 or later. "In Jerry, we trust, in Jerry we die"

We need a new TE in the first, the new guy is not looking good.
Clearly a new TE will shock the cowboys fan base and get us back to the promise land, better yet this TE will help stop the run on defense!!!