What's Randy Gregory's value

817Gill

Reaction score
That’s very true
They are trying to protect the image of the league
But I think because the league is old guys they don’t recognize that public view of weed has changed significantly
They could simply stop testing for weed and the public wouldn’t care. If you get busted for weed then suspend players, otherwise who cares if a guy smokes weed.
Exactly. It also works on the flip side as well when owners sign guys with off-field issues. Some of these rich guys have partied and lived life to the fullest and don’t see anything wrong with their players doing the same, even if it comes with a misdemeanor or two.

For example I cannot imagine Jerry cared one bit about Crawford’s bar fight. Or the Browns about Kareem Hunt being caught with an open bottle of vodka and a blunt on a Cleveland highway a year ago. To them a lot of this stuff can be brushed aside as boys being boys.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Exactly. It also works on the flip side as well when owners sign guys with off-field issues. Some of these rich guys have partied and lived life to the fullest and don’t see anything wrong with their players doing the same, even if it comes with a misdemeanor or two..

And every one of the NFL owners is someone who grew up in an age where anything short of totaling your car wasn't considered a DUI.

Johnny23

Reaction score
A cost effective Edge in a 4-3 that's playing good football all things considered. Keep him and let him continue to grow into a player who contributes to a defense that plays hard.

817Gill

Reaction score
And every one of the NFL owners is someone who grew up in an age where anything short of totaling your car wasn't considered a DUI.
Hahaha yes bro DUI’s for them are a part of growing up. No excuse for it these days as Uber’s make it basically unacceptable lol

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Remember, Dallas still has Bradley Anae. DE depth in 2021 could be insane with virtually no dropoff w/ backups in there

Beaker42

Reaction score
I know he's not a free agent until 2022 but let say we approached him about a long-term deal. How much is fair considering potential vs risk? He just showed his ceiling is STILL pretty high but boy, you can't overlook or lose sight of his personal demons.

Since he's signed for 2021 ( $2.2M ), I guess there's time to work it out but if we could him signed BEFORE his current deal runs out in 2022, how would you offer? I'm thinking $10-12M per but if we wait and he blows up 2021 with 12-15 sacks or more, you can forget it. He won't sign for anything less than the tag.

It's tricky but I'd certainly try......

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/randy-gregory-16784/
Right now he’s our best D-lineman by far and away. Not even close.

conner01

Reaction score
Exactly. It also works on the flip side as well when owners sign guys with off-field issues. Some of these rich guys have partied and lived life to the fullest and don’t see anything wrong with their players doing the same, even if it comes with a misdemeanor or two.

For example I cannot imagine Jerry cared one bit about Crawford’s bar fight. Or the Browns about Kareem Hunt being caught with an open bottle of vodka and a blunt on a Cleveland highway a year ago. To them a lot of this stuff can be brushed aside as boys being boys.
Exactly
It’s all about imagine and I get that
But I think with weed in particular the public’s perception has changed. I think they could stop testing tomorrow and the public wouldn’t care. Now if you go out and get yourself arrrested then that’s different but I’d stop going after guys for smoking weed myself
The league worries so much about their image but they really do a poor job, along with the sports media of informing the public of all the charity work nfl players do

817Gill

Reaction score
Exactly
It’s all about imagine and I get that
But I think with weed in particular the public’s perception has changed. I think they could stop testing tomorrow and the public wouldn’t care. Now if you go out and get yourself arrrested then that’s different but I’d stop going after guys for smoking weed myself
The league worries so much about their image but they really do a poor job, along with the sports media of informing the public of all the charity work nfl players do
Really underrated point brotha! It’s not sexy to do segments on Zeke’s volunteer efforts but shoving that concert guard is front page news for a week.