What's Stopping Dak's Agent From Getting Him The Same Type Of Deal Again?

pansophy

Reaction score
If you really want to trade him then you would just need to find a good situation for him to have him be willing to waive the no-trade Clause. Are there good situations out there?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you really want to trade him then you would just need to find a good situation for him to have him be willing to waive the no-trade Clause. Are there good situations out there?
Denver, Atl, Ten, LV (hey his purse will match!), maybe Chi, NE (back with his BFF). Now, will any of them want him?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what I was thinking, force the removal of the no trade clause
Won't matter. If he gets the kind of contract he wants, no team in the league will touch it, plus give up any kind of a decent pick...not that you'd likely find anyone dumb enough to trade 1st rounder anyway, but a contract like that would tank his value even more

sbark

Reaction score

sunk-cost fallacy​

noun
the phenomenon whereby a person is reluctant to abandon a strategy or course of action because they have invested heavily in it, even when it is clear that abandonment would be more beneficial.
"the sunk-cost fallacy creeps into a lot of major financial decisions"

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Don't you all remember when Jerry and Dak signed the contract last time? Jerry looked him in the eye and said "I overpaid you"

He signed him based on hope ... and he will continue making his decisions based on hope, because he is old and does not have time/energy/desire to go through a rebuild.

Just give it up guys ... The man ruined the greatest sports franchise and turned us to be the new Browns (or the Joneses)...

:cool:

Mikexike

Reaction score
Lol Cousins is going to cost just as much as Dak, or close to, and is going to be 36 with LESS playoff success.

Minshew and Dobbs are...bad and career backups. It's literally the same as Rush and Dalton lol.

I can't wrap my head around how dumb this logic is.
Just keep your logic the same and keep believing in dak taking you to the superbowl.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's in the way of it being another situation of Dak's owed so much money in his last year that the Cowboys can't afford to not extend him 4 years from now?

Do we really want to pay a 35 year old Dak 75-80 mil his final season?

Are we just going to keep extending him until he retires?

Where does it end?
Dak's agent will find things have changed and he better start making calls to the QB-needy teams out there as after June 1st his client is getting his walking papers.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Dak's agent will find things have changed and he better start making calls to the QB-needy teams out there as after June 1st his client is getting his walking papers.
I bet his agent hasn’t been sleeping ever since he witnessed dak himself.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'll be there....I'm haven't completely crossed too the dark side, but I'm tiptoeing my way in.
you, get back on the dakwagon. It's maddening the way these Eagles fans on here want us to extend dak to ruin the next 4 years of the player's life. This place has been run over by these Eagles fans. sheesh.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
In this scenario Dak gets all monies he’s contractually due from the Cowboys and becomes a free agent. His value skyrockets as any interested team would not have to give up anything to get him. His agent would be thrilled. Face it. Dak and his representation do the telling, Jerry does the listening now. Jerry either offers Dak Prescott an extension he is comfortable with or Dak simply agrees to play next season on the current contract, great for Dak, Jerry cuts him, great for Dak, or Jerry signs him for what Dak wants, great for Dak. Nothing has changed. And the Dallas Cowboys are a “QB-needy” team.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In this scenario Dak gets all monies he’s contractually due from the Cowboys and becomes a free agent. His value skyrockets as any interested team would not have to give up anything to get him. His agent would be thrilled. Face it. Dak and his representation do the telling, Jerry does the listening now. Jerry either offers Dak Prescott an extension he is comfortable with or Dak simply agrees to play next season on the current contract, great for Dak, Jerry cuts him, great for Dak, or Jerry signs him for what Dak wants, great for Dak. Nothing has changed. And the Dallas Cowboys are a “QB-needy” team.
Your facts are questionable at best.
Does anybody out there have the real facts as I highly doubt Dak gets all his monies if he's a post-June 1st cut.

leeblair

Reaction score
What's in the way of it being another situation of Dak's owed so much money in his last year that the Cowboys can't afford to not extend him 4 years from now?

Do we really want to pay a 35 year old Dak 75-80 mil his final season?

Are we just going to keep extending him until he retires?

Where does it end?
The way I read it is that the Cowboys can save $34 million against the cap by cutting Dak .
It's not as some here want you to believe, that Dak can't be cut. That's all propaganda.
Apparently, the Cowboys can cut Dak June 1st and they are free.
That's probably why his "fans" on here are so adamant that he MUST be extended immediately; in reality they probably knew that he was in danger of being cut if this year ended badly- and it has.
If Jerry keeps Dak it won't be because he has to.
Dak can be-and should be-cut.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Does anybody out there have the real facts as I highly doubt Dak gets all his monies if he's a post-June 1st cut.
Whatever he’s due as a post-June 1st cut he’ll be paid. Certainly not what he’d be paid if he played the 2024 season. But he’d be free to sign with any team, without compensation to the Cowboys, and there would be healthy interest from more than a few teams in that circumstance and he’d certainly sign with the deal/team he likes the best. Dak Prescott is going to be one of the five highest paid NFL quarterbacks next season regardless of who he plays for. It’s not my money, or yours. Good for him.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever he’s due as a post-June 1st cut he’ll be paid. Certainly not what he’d be paid if he played the 2024 season. But he’d be free to sign with any team, without compensation to the Cowboys, and there would be healthy interest from more than a few teams in that circumstance and he’d certainly sign with the deal/team he likes the best. Dak Prescott is going to be one of the five highest paid NFL quarterbacks next season regardless of who he plays for. It’s not my money, or yours. Good for him.
Wow, you are in the Dak zone for sure for sure!
FYI all his guaranteed monies have been paid so he gets Squat as a post June 1st cut while we save 34 million in cap dollars and get to spread the cap hit of 59 million over 2 years.
Now concerning him signing a top 5 deal to another team..............only in LA LA LAND will that become a reality.