What's taking so long?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
If Kellen Moore is your guy, announce it already. What's up with the wait?

Or could there be something else going on here?
That question crossed my mind, as well. If Moore is their guy, there would be no reason not to announce it.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
The PR minions have to have a good head start on getting the spin going. They’ve been very successful so far. Shouldn’t be much longer.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Theyre trying to sell Moore in case they dont land anyone from the staff of the last 4 teams in the playoffs.

I haven't heard or read a word from the Cowboys trying to "sell" anything. All I've seen is media speculation that Moore is the guy.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yep, they are negotiating with or waiting on other candidates. Moore will be slotted in between the new OC and Kitna. If they can’t land a new OC, Moore will get the job.

Maybe "passing game coordinator" for Moore?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry likes to make announcements after the Super Bowl. He likes to gave the talk shows all cover the Cowboys which will not happen when the post season is still on-going.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Because I suspect Kellen Moore is not the guy. He's a backup option.
Exactly. They have someone they would prefer, and either haven't been able to speak to them, or they are still in negotiations with them. At least this is what I am hoping.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The question is asked somewhat facetiously... indeed, I'm one of those who believe they are taking their time.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Jerry is probably just waiting to officially announce it next week so that Cowboys news is relevant during the Super Bowl week

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry probably realizes he's running out of time with Garrett so he knows he needs a big time hire at OC.

So as King said, the Moore stuff is probably them just floating it as the backup but they really want a legit OC if they can find one.

The problem is I think they don't realize that a legit OC is not going to sign on here when Garrett could be a short timer.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

Jerry hasn't decided if he's going to pay him as much as Garrett yet.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Well let's check in at The Star and see what the hold up is....

giphy.gif

Patience. They'll get around to it eventually.
I think Moore is still in his two week OC Training 101 course.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dysfunctional organizations don’t do things very smoothly. The whole manner in which this OC mess has been handled is a reminder of this org’s dysfunction.
There is no dysfunction in this situation. The Cowboys likely want to interview one or more coaches who are on the last 4 teams.

You have Moore under contract so waiting 2 extra weeks is not going to matter unless someone tries to hire him away at this point and no one has to this point.

In fact, what I find really interesting is that if Moore is the boy genius the media claims him to be, why didn't other teams interview him for the many openings they have had?