What's the Cowboys answer to the Eagles

Hoov

Reaction score
If your going to matchup players, i would match cowboys D to eagles O and Eagles D to cowboys O cause thats what its going to be.

Also, i agree with Reality that Johnson is a great Def coordinator and that he gets the most out of his players, the coach does make a difference.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Certain players play better in certain systems, it's up to the personnel department to find the right players for that team. This is no more true in Philadelphia than it is anywhere else.

New coaches would require new personnel. If an assistant was promoted (Brad Childress or Marty Mornhinweg on offense, Tommy Brasher or Trent Walters on defense), we would still win the division.

That's a new one.

Most quarterbacks do.

Owens is Owens, Simon definitely isn't a cancer (he's lazy and doesn't want to risk an injury on the last year of his contract), and Westbrook will be signed and in camp within the week. Only one of these issues is a potential problem, hopefully he will help more than hurt.

Haven't seen any of your interesting posts lately. Welcome back if you've been away ...then again, I just returned from a site visit to Kansas, so that could be the reason I haven't seen any of your posts lately.

Anyway, nice to see your dialogue.

1fisher

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Certain players play better in certain systems, it's up to the personnel department to find the right players for that team. This is no more true in Philadelphia than it is anywhere else.

New coaches would require new personnel. If an assistant was promoted (Brad Childress or Marty Mornhinweg on offense, Tommy Brasher or Trent Walters on defense), we would still win the division.

That's a new one.

Most quarterbacks do.

Owens is Owens, Simon definitely isn't a cancer (he's lazy and doesn't want to risk an injury on the last year of his contract), and Westbrook will be signed and in camp within the week. Only one of these issues is a potential problem, hopefully he will help more than hurt.

Facts please on how you would win the division with Morningweg and Childress as coaches if Reid and Johnson weren't there...... Is that a gut feeling? Heck, M-weg blew a coin toss that cost the lions :laugh2: a game...

Reaction score
Simple. The window for the Eagles is begining to close. Internal fighting, contract disputes, injuries, off the field problems, and key players nearing the end of their prime. These are all reasons why you should never assume that just because a player was great last season you can write him down on you roster and assume he will be the same player. Your talking to fans who have watched the decline of such greats as Emmitt and Troy. All teams change, they rise and decline. What the hell makes you think your Eagles are so special? You've got your "highlighted" running back and your "highlighted" DT sitting on their assses at home, and you want us to compare our players to them? You've got a maligant tumor for a WR, disrespecting the very fabric of TEAM by snubbing one of your key locker room guys, and you want us to act like your camp is going as well as ours? You just had a guy shot. Your president is insulting a players intelligence. You have a QB that poops out in the biggest game of his life. Good luck getting back there, let alone winning a Super Bowl.

The Eagles are falling apart before our very eyes, but you can't see it.

AJM1613

Reaction score
1fisher said:
Facts please on how you would win the division with Morningweg and Childress as coaches if Reid and Johnson weren't there...... Is that a gut feeling? Heck, M-weg blew a coin toss that cost the lions :laugh2: a game...

Taking the wind was the right thing for Mornhinweg to do in that situation, taking the penalty on third down in overtime was not.

And the reason why I think we could still win the division with one of our assistant coaches is because we are still a talented team and the rest of the division is so incredibly bad.

And no I haven't been away.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Hoov said:
If your going to matchup players, i would match cowboys D to eagles O and Eagles D to cowboys O cause thats what its going to be.

Also, i agree with Reality that Johnson is a great Def coordinator and that he gets the most out of his players, the coach does make a difference.

Good post.

I try to do this all the time........the problem this year is that none of us quite know what we have on defense.

I think it may be possible to matchup our offense vs their defense. If someone would like to take on that challenge I'm sure all of us would have comments........I'd do it, but I'm expecting dinner soon (my wife's making pizza).

Cowchips

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
bolded is the better player

QB- Mcnabb-- Bledsoe (not a huge diffrence in my mind, always thought Mcnabb overrated)
RB- Westbrook/Bhalter-- Julius/MB3 (again not a huge diffrence, westbrook no slouch)
WR- Owens me some money---Johnson
WR2- Pinkston--Glenn
WR3- Brown--Morgan
TE- LJ Smith--Witten
LT- Thomas--Adams
RT- Runyan--Rogers (for now :))
LG- Andrews--Allen
RG- Hicks--Riveria
C- Fraley--Johnson (for now :))

Actually..McNabb vs. Bledsoe is a wash from the perspective that in the game that counts most..the SB, they are both 0-1. In the next most important game, the Championship, McNabb is 1-3 and Bledsoe is 2-0.

GO DREW!!!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
BTW, I'm personally going to recommend some "no upchuck" medicine before this year's superbowl game.

No Need Because McChuck Will Be At Home Watching On TV ;)

Just as some "homers" here assume we are in reality that which we are not in relation to the substantial expectations of the team..this line of thinking exposes a prodigious presupposition that the Eagles will return to the SB notwithstanding a myriad of possible contingencies that would preclude such a notion.

Call it homer glasses or rose colored..it is apparent you have green colored glasses. We know you implicitly gloat in your posts in general and are in a nice way slapping us in the face, but the tables will be turned soon and we may be posting on your favorite Eagles fan board.

Spare us a diatribe of wishing us the best or some other justification of your intentions..that is absolute BS as a rival team fan, you only say this temporally because as of late you have not been on the losing side the equation. I can be civil to anyone and even kind while my team is kicking your teams arse, but you clearly have a memory spill if you will..as to your true intentions of posting such threads.

What is ironic, is that looking at your starting roster, I actually like our chances this year against your team. A lot of your "stars" are getting old and are entering the down-side of their careers soon, the team has serious internal problems which will effect team chemistry. Players are holding out, fans are harrassing T.O. at training camp, T.O. is avoiding embracing the team leaders which is not a good sign.

In addition, McChuck has proven that he cannot handle SB pressure and struggles with good 3-4 or hybrid defenses. Mcchuck was lousy under pressure something he will see a lot of this year from teams following the Pats approach of defeating them. The Eagles virtually have NO running game and is Moats really the answer? The TE position is weak at best, and behind T.O. you virtually have no threats or impact makers at the WR position. Andrews has potential but "potential" is not necessarily anything but hope. Mayberry's proven skill will be sorely missed by the Eagles O-line this year..watch and see :)

On Defense, as mentioned by others, Dawkins is getting older and will decline soon. Brown and Shepherd are still unproven overall and will be challenged much more by opposing offenses this year. Last year they benefitted from the blitz schemes and corresponding pressure but it is quite obvious teams will look to burn this approach offensively by unloading the ball in that suspect secondary like Tom Brady did in the SB, I think he was successful in so doing!!

In addition, Trotter helped them with the run defense but teams could still pound the ball if they had a good back and O-line...something Dallas will have this year from the way it looks thus far. Bettis slammed the Ball up the gut of the Eagles defense and gutted them all day long. Kearse is no help on the run, is on the downside of his career, Douglas is washed up, is not Burgess gone? Walker and Hollis are no threats and Simon may not show up...I like Patterson but then again he is just a newbie..so who knows..point is..your starters are getting old..and the corners will be tested this year more than previous seasons.

The Eagles are still good to be sure, but they are no dynasty and it is doubtful that they will return to the SB this year. Yes, they will be right up there in the mix, but sorry..time to take off the green colored glasses..chances are that they will lose in the play-offs and will start to go through the changes the rest of NFC east are now.

I am certainly not saying Dallas will sweep them or be a SB contender this year..but we will not be the same team you played in years past and we have too many of our own questions to be answered before we can answer yours, but be honest about life in the NFL and realistic in your teams brilliance? because there is an even greater chance your team will not repeat going to the SB this year..recent evidence is Carolina..sorry :)

ThEpLyMaKeR88

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Not looking for a fist fight! Just trying to compare starters, look at your version of our "A" team as it relates to yours. That said, ...

*Play-makers/pro-bowlers are depicted by "bold" print

QB -- McNabb, Detmer, McMahon

RB -- Westbrook (he'll be there), Buckhaulter, Moats

FB -- Parry, Ritchie, Tapeh

WR -- T.O., Pinkston, Reggie Brown, G. Lewis, McMullen

TE -- LJ, Bartrum

OL -- Thomas, Runyan, Andrews, Hicks, Fraley, Sculio, Clarke, Darilek/Ephraim/Furio/Jackson

DE -- Kearse, Douglas, McDougle (once his wound heals)

DT -- Rayburn, Walker, Simon (perhaps), Thomas,

LB -- Trotter, Sim, Jones, Adams, Labinjo

CB -- Brown, Sheppard, Hood, Wynn, Ware

S -- Lewis, Dawkins, Reed, Quientin

K -- Akers

P -- Dirk

Get some ...

DawkinsRED.jpg
just wondering why douglas is in bold hasn't he kind of sucked the last few years

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
No problem ...I'll give you my 2 cents anytime.;)

I doubt it. It's been nothing but noncents from you all day. As far as I can tell, you have no cents.

2much2soon

Reaction score
BEASToftheEAST said:
Simple. The window for the Eagles is begining to close. Internal fighting, contract disputes, injuries, off the field problems, and key players nearing the end of their prime. These are all reasons why you should never assume that just because a player was great last season you can write him down on you roster and assume he will be the same player. Your talking to fans who have watched the decline of such greats as Emmitt and Troy. All teams change, they rise and decline. What the hell makes you think your Eagles are so special? You've got your "highlighted" running back and your "highlighted" DT sitting on their assses at home, and you want us to compare our players to them? You've got a maligant tumor for a WR, disrespecting the very fabric of TEAM by snubbing one of your key locker room guys, and you want us to act like your camp is going as well as ours? You just had a guy shot. Your president is insulting a players intelligence. You have a QB that poops out in the biggest game of his life. Good luck getting back there, let alone winning a Super Bowl.

The Eagles are falling apart before our very eyes, but you can't see it.

Great post.
All down through the history of the NFL certain teams have risen to a high level of competitiveness, found they didn't quite have what it took to be champions, and then faded.
Examples that come immediately to mind are the '70s era Vikings, late '70s/early '80s Chargers, two Oilers incarnations - the one led by Earl Campbell in the late '70s and the one led by Warren Moon in the late '80s, and of course the early '90s Bills.
All these teams had superstars and good coaching staffs but they just lacked that certain something to be champions and get past their nemesis.
I put the current Eagles in this class. Good team, for their time that is, but just not quite good enough to be the best. I have been watching pro football for a long time and will be absolutely shocked if this Eagles team bucks the trend.

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
You know Talon, you are one of the few Eagles fans that seem to make sence. They definately have a better team on paper. I think the moves we have made are definately going to better us. How much has yet to be seen. I can say I definately feel much better about this team then I have in a while. I hope they step it up, monday mornings after an Eagles/cowboys games haven't been too well for me at work the pase couple years.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
phoenix........... you might as well just become one of us while the getting is good. you know as well as anyone that dallas is back in the saddle.:)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BEASToftheEAST said:
I doubt it. It's been nothing but noncents from you all day. As far as I can tell, you have no cents.

No cents -- hmmm ...being broke is better than being brokedown!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
phoenix........... you might as well just become one of us ...

One of us ...

could mean one of the "winners" of years gone by...

could mean join the "band-wagon" because I'm a minority on the MB...

could mean become a Cowboy's fan and gain the respect of the fans here by turning my back on the Eagles...

Well guess what? I already am one of us! Not because of any of those reasons mentioned, but because I've been here since November 2004, followed all of the MB rules (ok, I may have pushed the envelope a few times:eek:: ), taken flames from the best on the board, and I'm still here offering my team's perspective.

BTW, I'm a Senior Member on the Cowboys Zone ...and a dedicated Eagles fan! I believe that some here recognize the dedication associated with the concept of a fandom.