What's the deal with Garrett?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I think Jason don’t give two s**** what people outside the org think. He’s damned if he does, damned if he don’t with this group of fans. I thought he was good!

And now their was a post claiming his post game speech was not what was needed. Lol

Always something about nothing.
He gives the same post-game speech after every single win. It's cringe-worthy.

ShortRound

Reaction score
One of these days he’s going to push Tank, and Tank is going to slap the dog dookie out of him...

I think Jerry did after the world series ... things changed after that weekend.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What I notice is a HC whose team was on the verge of collapse and won his division, won in a big post season game to set them up for a divisional rd match up. How others feel about him, I don't care anymore all I want to see is this team winning and challenging for a title. Let the critics say as they please

Plankton

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, he was a bit subdued following one of his players shattering his leg, and he held the player's hand in what had to be an emotionally difficult moment even for a robot.

I'm sure that the image and the moment was tough to shake, and probably hard to be overly elated afterward. Say what you want about Garrett, but the guy does care about his players.

jsb357

Reaction score
Maybe that NFC Championship game appearance or shipped to Arizona as their offensive coordinator
speech from JJ after the Titans game has him under a wee bit of stress.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Something seems off with Garrett.

It's obvious he got tired of the clapping criticism because he's not doing that anymore.

In fact, he's not doing anything. He looks stone-faced with no expression whatsoever. Almost like he's depressed or just got some really bad news or something.

He wakes up to complain about a call now and again, but then it's back to his blank stare.

Is he worried about his job? Does he know something we don't? Is he just dying to clap and he's trying to control it? Too many late nights with Fortnite?

I prefer the former Jason. He looked awake.

Success is going to his head obviously. 2-2 in the playoffs will do that. He's parroting Bellichek don't ya know. I know, a vain attempt to insight JG hatred, you got me :grin:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Garrett is fine. I think it has to do with the message he is has been selling to the team. All business, intensity, stay focused. It has worked as we went from 3-5 to 11-6 and onto the divisional round of the playoffs. Remarkable turn around!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

It's obvious he got tired of the clapping criticism because he's not doing that anymore.

In fact, he's not doing anything. He looks stone-faced with no expression whatsoever. Almost like he's depressed or just got some really bad news or something.

He wakes up to complain about a call now and again, but then it's back to his blank stare.

Is he worried about his job? Does he know something we don't? Is he just dying to clap and he's trying to control it? Too many late nights with Fortnite?

I think it's called focus and concentration.

Sometimes when I am working..

I am setting up one of my estate sales with my guys.

I get moody and short tempered when opening day nears and stuff ain't happening.

I Crack the whip with my attitude.

I always be sure to tell them I am in my own world going thru mental checklists.

They get it and leave me alone till its over.

Being a leader does not mean buying beers after work.

It means getting the job done so everybody has money for beer.

Savey?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

probably pressure from jerry and company regarding performance of coaching staff. which led to firing of alexander during the week off. I think pressure is on offense and he is now more involved in game planning offensively and we are seeing a little more of garrett play and play calling in the past two games. yes, there is pressure, but he has responded and the team has responded.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's because he has to fire Linhehan and Moore at the end of the year. He's nervous.

Linehan is 55 and has been in the NFL almost 20 years, I have to think he sees the writing on the wall. I think there is a 50/50 chance he just "retires" to save face.

Dallas also usually just lets the coaches contracts run out without firing them, Paul Alexander is the only guy they frog-marched out in handcuffs (deservedly so).