What's the deal with Garrett?

ShortRound

Reaction score
"See Jason, you will go into the playoffs and come back to LA, we'll meet again"

Blake

Reaction score
He's winning. It's the look of confidence.

Yea well, his demeanor has done a complete 180 from his usual "aww shucks.... golly gee-wiz", Howdy Doody doo attitude, however you choose to characterize it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guys..The man has had a rough year. Losing his Father will change a man. He has had to deal with that...and all the pressure that comes with coaching the Dallas Cowboys. Not too mention the challeges of losing 2,3 olineman, one of which may be the best in the league.. Lets give the guy his due, but know this, he IS TIRED...he may decide to walk away after the year is done. He looks worn down.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yea well, his demeanor has done a complete 180 from his usual "aww shucks.... golly gee-wiz", Howdy Doody doo attitude, however you choose to characterize it.
He's finally starting to see the fruits of his vision. Building from the trenches out.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Maybe he’s actually zeroed in on the game and not cheerleading like he used to. If he’s now part of the playcalling or another aspect, it explains why he looks focused. You tend to look that way when you have a task at hand.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Dude, EVERYONE, from ESPN, to NFL.com to Cowturd not including fan sites have ALL ragged him to hell and name called him the clapper, the clapping carrot etc...I'm sure he probably has just removed that from his sideline nature...

Rayman70

Reaction score
colin cowturd matters NOT. He understands nothing and doesn't deserve to speak. The guy is a shock jock. I learned a long time ago to tune out him and most sports media.

foofighters

Reaction score
I have been wondering if it 's because he's more actively involved in play calling now.
This is what I honestly think it is. The Fan asked him today if he was more involved and the way he didn't answer the question made you think that he's more involved in the playcalling than he has in the past.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I've noticed a change in him as well.....I thought it was just me. Perhaps there is something we don't know - perhaps it's just wishful thinking. Anyways.............................
It could be those burn marks on his buttocks he received a few weeks back and he don't feel as sucure as he did before.........I'm liking the change so much I MIGHT be open to a ONE year extension if we get to the NFCCG................NOTHING will save Linehan.

basilhayden

Reaction score
Guys..The man has had a rough year. Losing his Father will change a man. He has had to deal with that...and all the pressure that comes with coaching the Dallas Cowboys. Not too mention the challeges of losing 2,3 olineman, one of which may be the best in the league.. Lets give the guy his due, but know this, he IS TIRED...he may decide to walk away after the year is done. He looks worn down.

Wish he still had his father.
Wish he does walk away after the season.

JS22

Reaction score
What I notice is a HC whose team was on the verge of collapse and won his division, won in a big post season game to set them up for a divisional rd match up. How others feel about him, I don't care anymore all I want to see is this team winning and challenging for a title. Let the critics say as they please

9 out of 10 with a playoff win and people want him fired. He'd probably have a handful of teams to pick from if Jerry fired him after this season. (He won't.)

I've been critical of Garrett but it would be asinine to dump him now.

Titleist

Reaction score
Garrett was pretty stoic throughout the game with the exception of that awful block in the back call. He was livid - definitely saw some F bombs drop down on those zebras before the camera quickly panned away.

On a side note, I feel like I'm the only one around here who sincerely enjoys JG's clapping.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Something seems off with Garrett.

It's obvious he got tired of the clapping criticism because he's not doing that anymore.

In fact, he's not doing anything. He looks stone-faced with no expression whatsoever. Almost like he's depressed or just got some really bad news or something.

He wakes up to complain about a call now and again, but then it's back to his blank stare.

Is he worried about his job? Does he know something we don't? Is he just dying to clap and he's trying to control it? Too many late nights with Fortnite?

I prefer the former Jason. He looked awake.
If your leader is even tempered so is the rest of your team.....it's what makes Dak great as well. FYI JG has always been expressionless unless there is a score or a great defensive stop of some kind.