What's the deal with Tyrone Crawford

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford has been one of the highest paid pieces on a defense that has been nothing if not historically bad.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have my 4 defensive tackles already - two starters in McCoy and 3T and Poe at 1T. And backups for each in Gallimore and Antwaun Woods. I don;t need Crawford there either.

You mean like Crawford?

The Vikings don;t have the cap space and I think to date Griffen's asking price has been too high. But I think if a team offered him $8 - $10 million for a one year deal, he would take it. Cutting Crawford gives you $8 million of that.

If we have Crawford on the books, we have about $5 million in cap space remaining, not even for Griffen. If we want him, we cut Crawford for that money and sign a real right defensive end.
I can see us wanting to keep 10 DL men, with this group. including 5 DTs.....

Jackson <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Crawford.... that much is obvious.

and if Griffen is real and worth the signing then I am sure something can easily be worked out....in fact they could have even resigned Quinn if they wanted to, but didn't. perhaps he wanted too much and we werent' willing to pay.....there is something with griffen that he is still available and on the market....either he wants too much or there is personal issues or injury or something...he hasn't had any real bites. so why? its quite curious.

I am not as low on Crawford as others, given a lot of anger towards him is because of his contract....like I said he is not great, but good and decent and reliable. he reminds me of what Maryland was...and Maryland was the first over all pick. I am not saying he is as good as Maryland...so don't read that into my comments, but Maryland wasn't flashy, he was steady, reliable as the #1 over all pick. not impactful by any stretch.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see us wanting to keep 10 DL men, with this group. including 5 DTs.....

Jackson <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Crawford.... that much is obvious.

To who?

and if Griffen is real and worth the signing then I am sure something can easily be worked out....in fact they could have even resigned Quinn if they wanted to, but didn't. perhaps he wanted too much and we werent' willing to pay.....there is something with griffen that he is still available and on the market....either he wants too much or there is personal issues or injury or something...he hasn't had any real bites. so why? its quite curious.

I said earlier, his asking price. Same reason Clowney and CB Logan Ryan and many others are still available. They think they're worth more than any teams do right now.

I am not as low on Crawford as others, given a lot of anger towards him is because of his contract....like I said he is not great, but good and decent and reliable. he reminds me of what Maryland was...and Maryland was the first over all pick. I am not saying he is as good as Maryland...so don't read that into my comments, but Maryland wasn't flashy, he was steady, reliable as the #1 over all pick. not impactful by any stretch.

I'm done with overpaying to have a round peg in a square hole. Crawford is and will always be a 3-4 DE miscast in our 4-3 defense. It's really quite simple. And hate is a dismissive word used in place of criticism. Justified criticism. Of the contract, and the player fit in the current defense. It's not personal, it's just business.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What's the deal with all these people giving Tyrone Crawford crap over his contract? He didn't ask to get injured. He has not been able to contribute to the degree his contract would merit but that doesn't mean he's not due that money. Sometimes it just works out this way. I think all this complaining has a lot to do with not appreciating what he did when he was on the field. He is a much-needed flex player on the D-line. Some folks just don't understand this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's the deal with all these people giving Tyrone Crawford crap over his contract? He didn't ask to get injured. He has not been able to contribute to the degree his contract would merit but that doesn't mean he's not due that money. Sometimes it just works out this way. I think all this complaining has a lot to do with not appreciating what he did when he was on the field. He is a much-needed flex player on the D-line. Some folks just don't understand this.

And some folks want to tell themselves and anyone who will listen things that aren't true so they can feel better about a huge Cowboys mistake. Some folks just don't understand this.

(For those playing along at home, take note of how the things people try to say about Crawford are never supported by stats. Just empty words)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And some folks want to tell themselves and anyone who will listen things that aren't true so they can feel better about a huge Cowboys mistake. Some folks just don't understand this.

(For those playing along at home, take note of how the things people try to say about Crawford are never supported by stats. Just empty words)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion without having to validate it with the latest and greatest analytics.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone is entitled to their opinion without having to validate it with the latest and greatest analytics.

And people can then consider that unsupported opinion to be worthless. A statement with nothing to support it is simply an arrangement of words.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
To who?

I said earlier, his asking price. Same reason Clowney and CB Logan Ryan and many others are still available. They think they're worth more than any teams do right now.

I'm done with overpaying to have a round peg in a square hole. Crawford is and will always be a 3-4 DE miscast in our 4-3 defense. It's really quite simple. And hate is a dismissive word used in place of criticism. Justified criticism. Of the contract, and the player fit in the current defense. It's not personal, it's just business.
Jackson is on the bubble in making the team...… he had less tackles than Hill who is slated not to make the team, according to you.....he has nothing special to bring to the table. not sure what the outlook is for him in the future, his ceiling is pretty low.

not sure about griffen, then if his asking price is too much, I rather stay away unless he comes at a bargain.....similar to clowney and Ryan.....otherwise we would have kept Quinn who was pretty productive while here....

again, no need to cut anyone now, until after camp.....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And people can then consider that unsupported opinion to be worthless. A statement with nothing to support it is simply an arrangement of words.
I'm good with that. I like Tyrone Crawford and hope he has the greatest recovery from his hip surgeries. I think he can still contribute. It means nothing to me if you don't like it that I don't jump on the dogpile of Ty haters that this thread has turned into. I have my own opinion of the man and I'm not afraid to express it here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm good with that. I like Tyrone Crawford and hope he has the greatest recovery from his hip surgeries. I think he can still contribute. It means nothing to me if you don't like it that I don't jump on the dogpile of Ty haters that this thread has turned into. I have my own opinion of the man and I'm not afraid to express it here.

Nor should you. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion. Supported by facts or not.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nor should you. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion. Supported by facts or not.
So shut the hell up and stop knocking me for just voicing my opinion. I get that he's not everyone's cup of tea but the dogpile in this thread is just ridiculous. He is the newest player that it's cool to throw shade on. It was Jeff Heath but now it's Crawford.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So shut the hell up and stop knocking me for just voicing my opinion. I get that he's not everyone's cup of tea but the dogpile in this thread is just ridiculous. He is the newest player that it's cool to throw shade on. It was Jeff Heath but now it's Crawford.

Take your own advice and stop crying about what other people think who DO support their opinions.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Take your own advice and stop crying about what other people think who DO support their opinions.
Crying? You're so weak your only hope is to silence the opposition. Too bad, I'm only one voice but I'm loud with conviction. I like Crawford and want him around.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mike Nolan runs a hybrid 4-3 / 3-4 defense...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jackson is on the bubble in making the team...… he had less tackles than Hill who is slated not to make the team, according to you.....he has nothing special to bring to the table. not sure what the outlook is for him in the future, his ceiling is pretty low.

not sure about griffen, then if his asking price is too much, I rather stay away unless he comes at a bargain.....similar to clowney and Ryan.....otherwise we would have kept Quinn who was pretty productive while here....

again, no need to cut anyone now, until after camp.....

Percent tackles per snap played:
Jackson 5.6
Hill 4.1
Armstrong 5.7
DLaw 6.7

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Your own post, where you're crying about the bad people criticizing poor Crawford.

WellinformedAllCaiman-size_restricted.gif

Crying? You're so weak your only hope is to silence the opposition. Too bad, I'm only one voice but I'm loud with conviction. I like Crawford and want him around.

None 'weaker' than you proved in that post above. The only guy who tried to "silence" anybody was you.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Your own post, where you're crying about the bad people criticizing poor Crawford. No one 'weaker' than you proved in that post above. The only guy who tried to "silence" anybody was you.

:laugh::lmao::lmao2:Are you trying to shame me for having an opinion that is different than yours and everyone else's in this thread? That's just embarrassing for you that the one voice on this thread that supports Crawford is so threatening to you that you feel the need to silence it. Trying to shame me away won't work. I feel good about supporting Crawford.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:Are you trying to shame me for having an opinion that is different than yours and everyone else's in this thread? That's just embarrassing for you that the one voice on this thread that supports Crawford is so threatening to you that you feel the need to silence it. Trying to shame me away won't work. I feel good about supporting Crawford.

Newsflash mental defective! The only person trying to stop anyone from saying anything was YOU. Crying because somebody was being crtical of your hero.

Too bad.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Percent tackles per snap played:
Jackson 5.6
Hill 4.1
Armstrong 5.7
DLaw 6.7
Given howa msnaps they played...just too funny

Then Jackson ayed something like 6 or seven snaps...and hill a 8 or 9... That's not saying much. Given hill sucks...and Armstrong is gone