What's the plan with Mike White?

cern

Reaction score
In all probability, whoever we draft as qb in the 6th or 7th round will be the next great future star.

Aven8

Reaction score
Sounds like the same situation Prescott had.

Long developing routes, leaky line.

Our concern should be the left side of that line. Between Tyron, who looks average now and stiff, and Connor at LG we need help again, after we thought we were set for years.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You have to showcase the player and above all else have a functional offensive system that looks impressive in preseason.

We have never, ever, exhibited that in the Garrett regime.

Most of our exhibitions resemble this past Pro Bowl.

Hmm, good point, but if he does really well in the preseason, could that work? Surely, a QB need team would oblige?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hmm, good point, but if he does really well in the preseason, could that work? Surely, a QB need team would oblige?
It has to be impressive.

I don't think Garrett is capable, even in a preseason game, of going all in like that to get him to that attractive level.

sbark

Reaction score
Rush was the most productive QB in the preseason his rookie year with Wade coaching him. Had the highest QB rating. He looked terrible last preseason with obvious genius phenom Kellen Moore.

Could be nothing. Could be something.
A dak friendly offense being installed his 2nd preseason

Throw only at open guys standing there
Not allowed to throw receivers open in a real nfl offensive scheme....makes the #1 look bad

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
I hope they offer Sean Payton a first round pick for him next offseason to be starting QB of wherever they go.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It has to be impressive.

I don't think Garrett is capable, even in a preseason game, of going all in like that to get him to that attractive level.

Drat! That would be a brilliant way to manipulate things a bit in our favour.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Kellen Moore seemed to really want this guy to work with, if you look at the draft selection. I think Kitna will be huge for a guy like White w/ some arm talent.

Would like to see what kind of developmental QB Moore n Kitna would prefer from this draft, even a FA QB to compete (dreaming) with Dak.

cern

Reaction score
Eagles intend to tag Foles with hopes of trading him for a 3rd round pick. How much do you really think white's worth.

Verdict

Reaction score
So let's get the ball rolling already. What's the plan with Mike White? Big arm. He's been stowed away somewhere all season. 6'4" 225lbs. Throws a rocket. He's gotta be about 6'6" 240lbs by now. Is he going to make Cooper Rush a forgotten man this year? I hear Moore and White are like Tony and Jason. Best buds. Interesting.

Cooper Rush played well two preseasons ago and HORRIBLE this past preseason. I don't think either one of these guys has really shown enough to be the primary backup, but I'm not sure I would keep more than one of these two on the active 53 man roster.

Verdict

Reaction score
We are assuming he is getting taller ... ?

The plan is to see how he develops - plain and simple, then make decisions based on how that goes. That’s what teams do with QBs drafted in later rounds. That’s what happened with Brady, and what would have happened with Dak had injuries not forced him into action sooner than anticipated.

That's what happens when you play for the Cowboys and they feed you a pound of HGH per day.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I saw nothing of White outside of his arm. Slow reaction time etc. Having said that his Oline sucked all PS as well.

He was a rookie. LVE looked lost in preseason too.

Mike White looks the part for sure. He’ll have every opportunity to compete for that backup job this offseason. And he’ll be coached up by three former NFL quarterbacks.