What's the plan with Mike White?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
There's a plan?

Plaaaaaaaan.........plaaaaaan?

soulja-boy-draaaake-e1548790403571-710x532.png

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So let's get the ball rolling already. What's the plan with Mike White? Big arm. He's been stowed away somewhere all season. 6'4" 225lbs. Throws a rocket. He's gotta be about 6'6" 240lbs by now. Is he going to make Cooper Rush a forgotten man this year? I hear Moore and White are like Tony and Jason. Best buds. Interesting.

Having a rocket arm means zero if that is all you have. And that seems to be all he has. Jamarcus Russell probably had one of the strongest arms this game has ever seen.

He will be a career backup in this league at best. If you can't beat out the spare Cooper Rush, then that says all that needs to be said.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So let's get the ball rolling already. What's the plan with Mike White? Big arm. He's been stowed away somewhere all season. 6'4" 225lbs. Throws a rocket. He's gotta be about 6'6" 240lbs by now. Is he going to make Cooper Rush a forgotten man this year? I hear Moore and White are like Tony and Jason. Best buds. Interesting.
He will be holding a clipboard. that's the plan.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
More than likely, Friend!
He's long since been regulated in the shoehorned confined fashion to the far outer right edged end of that upper dusty shelf,of which, our field Commander pridefully holds his personal "play pretty" pieces of Esteemed excessive/surplus T.E. TALENT & various other stashed Devin Street/ Lucky Whitehead / Lance Dunbar pet projects of possibly percieved powerhouse playmaker potential ,we're historically known to horde ,yet,due to the apparent confusion of an mired& mucked up mud pit,,,er,,, which the overwhelming burden of Coachingly like duties are expected to be shouldered,,, the trivial bother of development of draft acquisitioned/udfa talented ,,, " ghosts" ,,,
are pretty much treated as such,,,er,,, as it's seeminly been that sorta' current trend:rolleyes:

* believe it or not,my fellow COWBOYS FOOTBALL fans& forum Friends, were one to casually cast an side x side quick time lined comparison between the franchises of New England's & our beloved TEAM,,,that short 'det cord' capped&fused stick of dismal EXASPERATION is becoming more burdensome to bear on every new fall offensive being conductedo_O

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
10 years from now he will throw the ball so hard that no human can catch it without shattering every bone in their body.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the plan with Mike White is to see him improve significantly, to the point of actually being much improved over last season!
Whether or not these intents come to fruition or not will undoubtedly be observed with great anticipation and high hopes for fulfillment.:thumbup:

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
We knew White probably wouldn't be ready to go out of the gate. This year is basically his rookie year IMO.

He'll play for the #2 gig in camp, and if he does well, Rush will get churned.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More than likely, Friend!
He's long since been regulated in the shoehorned confined fashion to the far outer right edged end of that upper dusty shelf,of which, our field Commander pridefully holds his personal "play pretty" pieces of Esteemed excessive/surplus T.E. TALENT & various other stashed Devin Street/ Lucky Whitehead / Lance Dunbar pet projects of possibly percieved powerhouse playmaker potential ,we're historically known to horde ,yet,due to the apparent confusion of an mired& mucked up mud pit,,,er,,, which the overwhelming burden of Coachingly like duties are expected to be shouldered,,, the trivial bother of development of draft acquisitioned/udfa talented ,,, " ghosts" ,,,
are pretty much treated as such,,,er,,, as it's seeminly been that sorta' current trend:rolleyes:

* believe it or not,my fellow COWBOYS FOOTBALL fans& forum Friends, were one to casually cast an side x side quick time lined comparison between the franchises of New England's & our beloved TEAM,,,that short 'det cord' capped&fused stick of dismal EXASPERATION is becoming more burdensome to bear on every new fall offensive being conductedo_O

Every time I see you have posted I smoke a joint so I can fully enjoy the writing.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He was handpicked by Kellen Moore. So it should be interesting to see what happens with him this offseason and especially in camp/preseason.

I thought White was an interesting pick, as he's the AntiDak. Total pocket passer. That management went along with picking a pure pocket passer is interesting too. Almost like they don't really want a Dak at QB. Or they have no particular football philosophy. Maybe a mix of those, depending on the person.

It would be amusing to watch Moore drop the Cowboys who sponsored him likes flies. First Linehan. Then Dak. Finally Garrett.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Rush was the most productive QB in the preseason his rookie year with Wade coaching him. Had the highest QB rating. He looked terrible last preseason with obvious genius phenom Kellen Moore.

Could be nothing. Could be something.

Dak didn't progress either.

They are unworthy of the Football Savant.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I'm hoping that we bring in another mid round guy to push Cooper off the team. Someone like White, who at least has the measurables to maybe be a starting QB.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought White was an interesting pick, as he's the AntiDak. Total pocket passer. That management went along with picking a pure pocket passer is interesting too. Almost like they don't really want a Dak at QB. Or they have no particular football philosophy. Maybe a mix of those, depending on the person.

It would be amusing to watch Moore drop the Cowboys who sponsored him likes flies. First Linehan. Then Dak. Finally Garrett.
I believe this is overthinking. White was a 5th round pick, which isn’t a high enough pick to make any statement about the existing QB. 5th round only indicates a hope he can become a solid backup, and anything above that would be a pleasant surprise. Same as the Dak pick was.

I think the Cowboys simply realized the mistake they made by not having a young developmental QB in the stable at all times, and having to worry and scramble year after year to find some aging veteran to back up the starter, so they drafted the guy they felt had the most potential at that point in the draft. I’m sure Dak’s success made it clear that it’s better to have someone with an outside shot of being a starter than someone with no shot.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I am getting rid of all Dallas QBs after this season and putting together a package deal to move up to the #1 spot and draft Trevor Lawrence. I dont care if it takes 3 or 4 #1 draft picks. That kid is going to take some franchise and turn them into a SB contender for 15 years. As Cowboy fans the absolute worst thing that could happen and is very possible that the Commanders have a terrible season and draft Lawrence.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

Moore is pulling a stealth Belichick - pulling the strings behind the scenes to build this team in his image.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

This is the most exciting part imo about this upcoming season. Seeing what white and rush can do.

I think they both are talented enough to outdo Dak in preseason and put some pressure on him. If either show that strong arm, quickness and accuracy us fan have been looking for then that could spell trouble for Prescott.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I believe this is overthinking. White was a 5th round pick, which isn’t a high enough pick to make any statement about the existing QB. 5th round only indicates a hope he can become a solid backup, and anything above that would be a pleasant surprise. Same as the Dak pick was.

I think the Cowboys simply realized the mistake they made by not having a young developmental QB in the stable at all times, and having to worry and scramble year after year to find some aging veteran to back up the starter, so they drafted the guy they felt had the most potential at that point in the draft. I’m sure Dak’s success made it clear that it’s better to have someone with an outside shot of being a starter than someone with no shot.

I'm fine with picking another. In fact, I want another. But picking the AntiDak shows a lack of a philosophy on QB picks.