What's the plan with Mike White?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At that rate he would have numerous NBA Titles and break a couple of Wilt's records...

Oh, you want to talk about his NBA career too? What about his hockey career? He can play goalie and just block the entire net with his body. Doesn't even need to move.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Too early to put a label on him as to what he could be.

He's got a lot of arm talent.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Oh, you want to talk about his NBA career too? What about his hockey career? He can play goalie and just block the entire net with his body. Doesn't even need to move.
Forgot about hockey but remembered he has a pretty good beach volley ball career, and is so good at bowling he has bowled 300 with his left hand...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Plan like every other back-up QB.. over prepare and never relinquish reins if you get a chance to start....see Dak
HUm, I did not know the QB had a say in whether or not they hold onto their position.... good to know Dak told JJ and Garrett HE wasn't giving up the starting role in 16

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Jerry has kept him in a room for months with just a weight machine, a tire swing, a football, and coaches film.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I'd let him play ALL 4 preseason games....let's see what he's made off. Either he has it, or he doesn't. Won't really know in TC or practice as with those play fields, the D isn't trying to take your head off at full tilt speed.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
So let's get the ball rolling already. What's the plan with Mike White? Big arm. He's been stowed away somewhere all season. 6'4" 225lbs. Throws a rocket. He's gotta be about 6'6" 240lbs by now. Is he going to make Cooper Rush a forgotten man this year? I hear Moore and White are like Tony and Jason. Best buds. Interesting.
Hmmm? Vely vely intellesting.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So let's get the ball rolling already. What's the plan with Mike White? Big arm. He's been stowed away somewhere all season. 6'4" 225lbs. Throws a rocket. He's gotta be about 6'6" 240lbs by now. Is he going to make Cooper Rush a forgotten man this year? I hear Moore and White are like Tony and Jason. Best buds. Interesting.

I really wouldn't have guessed that being in the NFL a year boosts your height two inches.
Guess I should have stuck with football.

And I have no idea where throws a rocket is coming from after watching him.

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Like his stature, the thoughts/hopes/myth for Mike White keeps growing daily or by 2" per year :laugh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would expect White and Rush to compete once again and would expect another QB brought with a late pick of UDFA like a Fitzgerald or McSorley

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What's the plan? Like teams have a plan for a 6th or 7th round QB in his second year who is 3rd string.

Maybe we can trade him to the Giants or Skins for their 2nd round pick. :)

InTheZone

Reaction score
White is a low floor/high ceiling guy. He has all the physical tools to be a good starter in the NFL, but he is a ways off as far as bejng able to manage the pocket.

I think White at this stage would be a sack and INT machine if pressed to play
We have seen nothing from White to assume he would fail or succeed. I want to see him in practice comparisons, preseason, and when possible some regular season games.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I thought White was an interesting pick, as he's the AntiDak. Total pocket passer. That management went along with picking a pure pocket passer is interesting too. Almost like they don't really want a Dak at QB. Or they have no particular football philosophy. Maybe a mix of those, depending on the person.

It would be amusing to watch Moore drop the Cowboys who sponsored him likes flies. First Linehan. Then Dak. Finally Garrett.
Can Dak play TE :)

Kaiser

Reaction score
He's got a lot of arm talent.

If he turns into a reliable, cheap backup I'd be more than happy. Still an open question IMO.

You can almost picture him turning into a Stan Humphries type that is a big stiff who can sling the ball and win games for you, but you can also see him getting exposed in game action when he has to run from the Von Millers of the NFL.

I think the best case scenario for White is he serves as a good backup and then gets traded for a pick higher than his original draft slot, but its still a wildcard obvioiusly.

Qcard

Reaction score
HUm, I did not know the QB had a say in whether or not they hold onto their position.... good to know Dak told JJ and Garrett HE wasn't giving up the starting role in 16
More like the QB "Play" than QB "Say" is what told JJ and Garrett to ride the Dak wave.

Is that clear....:facepalm:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I too have been wondering about Mike White. Nothing seems to be being talked about as far as he is concerned. We know he is sitting in the garage all shiny and new just waiting to be driven on a sunny day. So what gives?