What's The Status On Adam Jones? *Merge*

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2411540 said:
well to me, lance rentzel was a knucklehead and he was white too

the only way i would want adam jones back, if the commissioner sets up something with him, the cowboys if adam comes back, say to the cowboys

this is it, no more chances in the nfl;

if you mess up next time adam, you will be out of the NFL completely and forever;

so, no fines or draft choices will be applied to the cowboys, if he comes back while i commissioner goodell will let him in with the stipulation, one more mess up, and your out of football forever, no more chances,

and i the commissioner will not penalize the cowboys for giving you this last chance,

thats the only way i would want felix back, i dont want the cowboys to lose any draft picks because of adam,

if their is stipulation if the cowboys take adam back, and he gets suspended, and the cowboys will fork up money for fines and draft picks i dont want adam back period

:bow:

aquavita

Reaction score
Daudr;2411539 said:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug

thug   /θʌg/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [thuhg] Show IPA Pronunciation ,

–noun 1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

There is no racial connotation. If you see race in the comment, then it is you and not the other person that has the issue. Like it or not, Pacman has proven himself to be a thug.

So if he was white, you'd call him a thug? You call white people thugs too? Ok, I'll take your word for it.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
zoners i thought we werent suppose to talk about race issues, remember?

Daudr

Reaction score
aquavita;2411543 said:
So if he was white, you'd call him a thug? You call white people thugs too? Ok, I'll take your word for it.

Punk, thug, and anything else that applies, although I wasn't the one using it in this instance. I can tell you I know plenty of white "thugs" too.

links18

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2411553 said:
zoners i thought we werent suppose to talk about race issues, remember?

I thought the discourse on race had forever changed? :(

sinner

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2410933 said:
give him another chance..Atleast he plyed with heart and went 100% every play. Not like jenkins giving up and blaming the safety. or newman that is ALWAYS injured and Henry who is slow As hell.

Give this man another chance even though He sure in hell doesnt deserve it. I want to win ******.

PacMan is a marginal corner at best. He was getting burned just like the rest of them.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
aquavita;2411524 said:
Can we please stop this very thinly veiled racist garbage from being posted here? When middle aged white people say 'thug' or 'knucklehead' it's usually only one color dude they are referring to, and it sucks and I'm sick of seeing it on here.

If you aren't middle aged and white, then stop talking like you are. Thanks.

Daudr;2411539 said:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug

thug   /θʌg/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [thuhg] Show IPA Pronunciation ,

–noun 1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

There is no racial connotation. If you see race in the comment, then it is you and not the other person that has the issue. Like it or not, Pacman has proven himself to be a thug.

I agree with Aquavita here. Sure, the term "thug" applies to Pacman, but there were also numerous people on this board referring to Owens as a thug and Tank Johnson as a thug. Owens is far from a thug; never been in any off the field troubles as far as I know... and though Tank owned a collection of guns which would intimidate a small country, I sure don't remember reading of him going on a killing spree or robbing people at gun point. He is just a gun lover....not a thug.

Anyway, back to Pacman... I am one of the few that hopes he changes his life around. I would much rather the Cowboys be known as a program that can turn disgruntled players into positive members of the community and NFL. I want to see Pacman establish himself as one the leagues premier corners as a Cowboy. It sure beats rooting for him to fail and having the Cowboys look like a bunch of idiots for signing him. Apparently, rooting for self-destruction and humiliation is "In" on this board.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Pacman will be back. Just the fact that we have basically heard nothing about him the last month is a good sign.

links18

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2411622 said:
I agree with Aquavita here. Sure, the term "thug" applies to Pacman, but there were also numerous people on this board referring to Owens as a thug and Tank Johnson as a thug. Owens is far from a thug; never been in any off the field troubles as far as I know... and though Tank owned a collection of guns which would intimidate a small country, I sure don't remember reading of him going on a killing spree or robbing people at gun point. He is just a gun lover....not a thug.

Anyway, back to Pacman... I am one of the few that hopes he changes his life around. I would much rather the Cowboys be known as a program that can turn disgruntled players into positive members of the community and NFL. I want to see Pacman establish himself as one the leagues premier corners as a Cowboy. It sure beats rooting for him to fail and having the Cowboys look like a bunch of idiots for signing him. Apparently, rooting for self-destruction and humiliation is "In" on this board.

Bobby Carpenter is a thug...... or is it "punk" or maybe "bust" ? :(

aquavita

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2411622 said:
Apparently, rooting for self-destruction and humiliation is "In" on this board.

This is how I feel too. He's still a person, and him turning it around would be a great story for him and the Cowboys. This latest 'altercation' was really a raw deal for him. I know we all wanted him to be perfect, but a four game suspension based on hearsay from the media is a little crap.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Pacman had his chance, and he socked his body guard while drinking. You can't depend on him.

I hope the Cowboys cut him. I defended Pacman on the field and supported the move, but I'm done. I really like both of the rookies and Terence Newman is coming back.

The Cowboys don't need the drama or the distraction when he comes back. As soon as he is back, the ESPN cameras and the media will have a field day. It is a distraction. Here comes the 185 questions about Pacman, and ESPN will make it a headline for weeks.

This guy can't stay out of trouble. If you need body guards to keep you out of trouble, and you have an 'incident' with your own body guard, you don't deserve to play.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If you are hookin your future to Pacman - Thats a bad hook um strategy....

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
links18;2411021 said:
Please, do we really need one of these threads 2 or 3 times a week? :bang2: Nothing has changed and nothing is going to change. Don't bother asking again until after the Skins game. And no we are not interested in Ty Law either and DeAngelo Hall signed with the 'Skins, so no need to ask about either of those weekly questions either.:laugh2:

I would say these threads are much more useful in comparison to the 100 "Bring Back Jimmy Johnson" threads we see each week.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
aquavita;2411543 said:

why not? honestly, it must be a location thing because thug to me has nothing to do with race.

My son works with a few thugs IMO. In my case, they are all white. Well anyways, I think it is fair to say Pacman may be a thug, but I think he wants to turn it around and I will be hoping he does.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2411038 said:
still a bad punt returner
/quote]

Say WHAT?
last year he averaged 12.9 yards per return with 3 T.D.'s, that's a bad punt returner????
I guess you base it off of just this year on a few attempts that he's a bad returner right?
I don'tknow about you, but 12.9 per retrun with 3 T.D.'s not only isn't bad, it's down right AWESOME!
You people make me laugh!

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
He'll be back and be one of the stars of the team down the stretch. Then we'll see how tones start changing. Sadly though, these days, seems like we have to go through this with just about every other player that comes through Valley Ranch.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
RW Hitman;2411941 said:
why not? honestly, it must be a location thing because thug to me has nothing to do with race.

My son works with a few thugs IMO. In my case, they are all white. Well anyways, I think it is fair to say Pacman may be a thug, but I think he wants to turn it around and I will be hoping he does.

where's that hammer on the nail thing?

:hammer:oh i found it!!

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think "thug", "punk", or "******" is a fair term to use for any NFL player..white or black. "Real" thugs and punks would have never finished school let alone make it to pro football. They would be in jail , in gangs on the streets , drug dealers..etc..etc.
I do think it is fair to say that some have problems , issues, minor run ins with the law, can't learn to follow the league rules , let their new found fame and money lead them astray..etc..etc.
Now I agree with most zoners , I don't think Dallas needs anymore drama. They need to be able to pull together as a team thats going to stay together.
As far as Adam goes, I hope he has learned his lesson and that rehab with help him. I'm just not sure how I feel about him returning to Dallas.