What's The Status On Adam Jones? *Merge*

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
i hope we get him back soon. the guy was getting better every week as the season progresed. hes had a long lay-off and this 4 gm suspension hasnt helped much

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: Pac just got the memo that running North and South gets you more yardage than running East and West. The bad news is that it was a memo from training camp.

dfense

Reaction score
Drunk and in a ditch. He's a *%&# up who blew his one chance at redemption. You simply can't let that repeat.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I would welcome him back. In case anyone hasn't noticedk, our secondary sucks miserably. Jenkins has no heart and Henry cannot cover anyone. He is our best cornerback hands down.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
StarKist;2412495 said:
BREAKING NEWS: Pac just got the memo that running North and South gets you more yardage than running East and West. The bad news is that it was a memo from training camp.

What if the field was laid horizontal rather than vertical? :laugh2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm guessing, though I don't follow the Jones thing too well I'll admit, that there is no shot of this even being discussed until at least Monday morning, after the Commanders game. I don't imagine the Commish is going to even give it a serious consideration until that point.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I will say this much for Adam...he hasn't allowed himself to be reported on or in the spotlight during this time suspended. I know he entered rehab, and what not, but I know that there had to be people, myself included, who wondered if he'd stay there or if he'd be out and about getting himself into more trouble.

So the fact that there has been no news to report on him has to be good news for Adam.

malone1970

Reaction score
Daudr;2411539 said:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug

thug   /θʌg/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [thuhg] Show IPA Pronunciation ,

–noun 1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

There is no racial connotation. If you see race in the comment, then it is you and not the other person that has the issue. Like it or not, Pacman has proven himself to be a thug.

First of all do you even know what the definition of thug is...
  1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.
  2. also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.
So we are considering Adam Jones as a cutthroat or ruffian? Some of you fans need to leave Adam Jones alone. Society in general is so quick to judge people. But I guarantee that someone in your family has or had problems in there life, do you consider them a thug? I bet you don't. As stated before nobody is perfect, for some of you fans if you think that you are perfect then you seriously have a big problem. We all know the man has problems, but he just needs to get help which I think he is doing and thats it. So just leave the man alone, and lets just stand behind our team and give them encouragement.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The status on Pacman Jones? He is still stupid and immature. He is a guy a team can't count on from week to week. If you are trying to put together a competitive team to challenge for the post season he is not the guy you want.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
malone1970;2412641 said:
First of all do you even know what the definition of thug is...
  1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.
  2. also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.
So we are considering Adam Jones as a cutthroat or ruffian? Some of you fans need to leave Adam Jones alone. Society in general is so quick to judge people. But I guarantee that someone in your family has or had problems in there life, do you consider them a thug? I bet you don't. As stated before nobody is perfect, for some of you fans if you think that you are perfect then you seriously have a big problem. We all know the man has problems, but he just needs to get help which I think he is doing and thats it. So just leave the man alone, and lets just stand behind our team and give them encouragement.

LOL. This post really makes me wish I could find, and post, the picture of the white dude who was crying over how everyone was being big meanie heads to Brittany Spears a couple of years back.

Since I don't have the picture, or know how to put Youtube videos in the post, I'll just give the link. Replace Brittany with Adam and this is what your rant reminds me of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSjUe0FyxQ

malone1970

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2412501 said:
I would welcome him back. In case anyone hasn't noticedk, our secondary sucks miserably. Jenkins has no heart and Henry cannot cover anyone. He is our best cornerback hands down.

I agree with the statement that Henry cannot cover anyone, I think that maybe if we could switch him in a Safety role he would be fine, but leaving him at CB is not to good...And as far as Jenkins I think with a little more time in the NFL he will be fine.

malone1970

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2412650 said:
LOL. This post really makes me wish I could find, and post, the picture of the white dude who was crying over how everyone was being big meanie heads to Brittany Spears a couple of years back.

Since I don't have the picture, or know how to put Youtube videos in the post, I'll just give the link. Replace Brittany with Adam and this is what your rant reminds me of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSjUe0FyxQ

Personally I could care less about Brittany Spears and I am not trying to make it a Black or White thing all I am saying is fans need to stop being so quick to judge people because no one is perfect....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
malone1970;2412655 said:
Personally I could care less about Brittany Spears and I am not trying to make it a Black or White thing all I am saying is fans need to stop being so quick to judge people because no one is perfect....

Oh I know. I'm just saying it reminded me of that video and I had to chuckle. I'm sure you're not quite that big an Adam Jones fan that you'd honestly cry like that on camera for him. :)

malone1970

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2411622 said:
I agree with Aquavita here. Sure, the term "thug" applies to Pacman, but there were also numerous people on this board referring to Owens as a thug and Tank Johnson as a thug. Owens is far from a thug; never been in any off the field troubles as far as I know... and though Tank owned a collection of guns which would intimidate a small country, I sure don't remember reading of him going on a killing spree or robbing people at gun point. He is just a gun lover....not a thug.

Anyway, back to Pacman... I am one of the few that hopes he changes his life around. I would much rather the Cowboys be known as a program that can turn disgruntled players into positive members of the community and NFL. I want to see Pacman establish himself as one the leagues premier corners as a Cowboy. It sure beats rooting for him to fail and having the Cowboys look like a bunch of idiots for signing him. Apparently, rooting for self-destruction and humiliation is "In" on this board.

This is an excellent response and I agree with you whole heartedly!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

malone1970

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2412658 said:
Oh I know. I'm just saying it reminded me of that video and I had to chuckle. I'm sure you're not quite that big an Adam Jones fan that you'd honestly cry like that on camera for him. :)

You are absolutely right I would not shed one tear for the man.. But I do agree on one thing though he does need to straighten up his act, because I don't think the Commissioner or even the fans are going to put up with anymore of his antics after this...

Reaction score
Daudr;2411562 said:
Punk, thug, and anything else that applies, although I wasn't the one using it in this instance. I can tell you I know plenty of white "thugs" too.

They are called Wanksta's......