What's the The longest title of an album that made the Billboard chart?

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
How many takes did it take Eddie to cut the album version of Eruption, as heard on Van Halen?

a. 1
b. 2
c. 3
d. 6

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3993491 said:
How many takes did it take Eddie to cut the album version of Eruption, as heard on Van Halen?

a. 1
b. 2
c. 3
d. 6

Honestly i have no clue but im going to guess and say once because i have heard Ed say thats theres a mistake in eruption.
I have always wondered where the mistake was lol?
Heres something from 76 to enjoy.
In his prime he was untouchable by anyone
:bow:

[youtube]9EiKtb0oYmY[/youtube]

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;3993746 said:
Honestly i have no clue but im going to guess and say once because i have heard Ed say thats theres a mistake in eruption.
I have always wondered where the mistake was lol?
Heres something from 76 to enjoy.
In his prime he was untouchable by anyone

[youtube]9EiKtb0oYmY[/youtube]

You are correct! It wasn't something that was going to go on the record at all. It was a just a part of his live solos, and whenTed Templeman overhead Ed, Mike and Al rehearsing in the studio for a gig at the Whiskey, he flipped the switch to record it when they got to the part we all know as "Eruption". You're right about the mistake too, although I can't hear anything wrong with it either! Here's what Eddie says about it.

Eddie recalled "I didn't even play it right. There's a mistake at the top end of it. To this day, whenever I hear it, I always think, 'Man, I could've played it better.'

I agree that he was untouchable in his prime, and I'll even argue that his prime lasted for about 20 years. He's still pretty amazing and I can't wait for the new cd. (Sept/Oct release) They're actually playing 5 dates in Sept. in Australia to kick off the tour!

That's a great vid too. He can trill a note like nobody's business!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3993758 said:
You are correct! It wasn't something that was going to go on the record at all. It was a just a part of his live solos, and whenTed Templeman overhead Ed, Mike and Al rehearsing in the studio for a gig at the Whiskey, he flipped the switch to record it when they got to the part we all know as "Eruption". You're right about the mistake too, although I can't hear anything wrong with it either! Here's what Eddie says about it.

Eddie recalled "I didn't even play it right. There's a mistake at the top end of it. To this day, whenever I hear it, I always think, 'Man, I could've played it better.'

I agree that he was untouchable in his prime, and I'll even argue that his prime lasted for about 20 years. He's still pretty amazing and I can't wait for the new cd. (Sept/Oct release) They're actually playing 5 dates in Sept. in Australia to kick off the tour!

That's a great vid too. He can trill a note like nobody's business!

I saw him in july of 79 at the okc civic center and the ticket was all of 6.50 lol....my how ticket prices have gone up.
I gotta say he creative juices ran out some time in the later 80s. I saw them 6 times with Roth and 2 times with Sam and can definetly see a decline in his playing ability.
But back to the mistake i have no clue where he would be talking about i just know at the time of it release it blew the doors off of everything out there.

Betcha cant guess what Kiss track from love gun that Ed laid down the original solo and Ace just copied it for the actual recording.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;3993762 said:
I saw him in july of 79 at the okc civic center and the ticket was all of 6.50 lol....my how ticket prices have gone up.
I gotta say he creative juices ran out some time in the later 80s. I saw them 6 times with Roth and 2 times with Sam and can definetly see a decline in his playing ability.
But back to the mistake i have no clue where he would be talking about i just know at the time of it release it blew the doors off of everything out there.

Betcha cant guess what Kiss track from love gun that Ed laid down the original solo and Ace just copied it for the actual recording.

I'm jealous, I didn't see him play live till 96? and was still blown away. (I only payed $10 for my first VH ticket ;) ) I'm not sure about playing skill, but I think he became a cleaner player later on and was very creative all the way up through the mid 90's. Every album seemed to have some new tricks and licks that no-one had tried before, or at least not as effectively as Ed. I've started to hear some repitition in his playing over the last 15 years, but I can say the same for other greats like SRV, Santana & Clapton. It happens.
That being said, I'm really expecting some goodies out of the new cd. I'm hoping he's flooded with inspiration being back with Roth, who I know will bring it from the lyrical end.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;3993762 said:

Christine Sixteen. I've always liked that song, and when I learned that Eddie played on the demo, I understood why. :)

How did Pearl Jam come up with their name?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3994325 said:
Christine Sixteen. I've always liked that song, and when I learned that Eddie played on the demo, I understood why. :)

Yes thats correct......Have you heard some of the demos VH did with gene simmons.....If not make a trip to youtube and check em out.

Youve got me stumped on that one tho i have no clue.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The VH house of pain demo which was actually recorded around 77 but didnt make it to an album until 84.

[youtube]W6cjeT1mDOI[/youtube]

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3994325 said:

Vedder's mother's recipe?

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3994683 said:
You're close. I'm gonna give it a few more hours and if no one knows, I'll spill it. :)

Seems like I remember it being a family recipe for some drug concoction.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;3994348 said:
The VH house of pain demo which was actually recorded around 77 but didnt make it to an album until 84.

Wow,that was cool! I've never heard those demos before, but I love that song on 1984. This version is HEAVY! But I couldn't help but laugh at DLR's deep scarey voice at the end of the chorus. :lmao:
EVH has some great fills in that version and I hear a crazy train-esque lick in there that's insane.

I gotta hear the rest of these. Thanks for linking that!

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
MetalHead;3994361 said:
Vedder's mother's recipe?

Boom;3994708 said:
Seems like I remember it being a family recipe for some drug concoction.

Together you guys have come pretty close, so here's the answer.....

Eddie's grandmother Pearl (or great grandmother, I can't remember) was married to a Native American and used to make a peyote-laced jam. Hence Pearl's jam, or Pearl Jam.
Anybody know what the original name for the band was?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3994716 said:
Together you guys have come pretty close, so here's the answer.....

Eddie's grandmother Pearl (or great grandmother, I can't remember) was married to a Native American and used to make a peyote-laced jam. Hence Pearl's jam, or Pearl Jam.
Anybody know what the original name for the band was?

No clue?

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;3994984 said:
Hahaha thats got to be a joke right?
:lmao2:

That's the honest truth. :)

Ok, here's another one...........

Who was the original drummer for Rush?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Achilleslastand;3994348 said:

That was kind of crazy. DLR getting his cookie monster vocals on. :laugh2:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3995858 said:
That's the honest truth. :)

Ok, here's another one...........

Who was the original drummer for Rush?

Oh thats an easy as im a huge Rush fan. John Rutsey who passed away a couple years ago.

Also if you love Rush you need to check out the beyond the lighted stage dvd. Just 3 extremly talented yet normal guys with no egos whatsoever.
A+