What's up with the McCarthy bashing?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dude is the same average HC he always was. Exactly what were you guys expecting?

I like the swagger and culture he's brought to this team, more leaders than in the past and certainly an attitude of not folding when things get tough and aren't going your way in games, the Patriot game showed that because in the past the Cowboys would have folded and lost that game!!

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't bash him, he's had some questionable time management issues, but he's had the team ready to go. I think he's doing a good job.
Same here. Time management is a question I don’t like to worry about. But JG did it also. Dak is going to have to pay attention also. The going for it on 4th down is trying to seize the moment and I don’t think he is going to do it every game. It was against a tough team. MM against bellycheat and he wanted to surprise him and continue a drive. They get the ball in the second half and he wanted us to score on the opening drive.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Average HCs don't have a SB win on their resume.....so, you kinda screwed this up.
Ranch - you like his time management skills and his in-game decision making? He goes on 4th when he shouldn’t and doesn’t when he should. He may have them ready to go but he’s gonna screw up a big game for us by letting time run off.

Big_D

Reaction score
The team is a million times better than its been in basically 25 years. At least they are on their way. A quality young roster is developing with competition at every level. Bashing McCarthy is just as ridiculous as thinking he has nothing to do with how well the team is playing.

Grenic

Reaction score
The team is a million times better than its been in basically 25 years. At least they are on their way. A quality young roster is developing with competition at every level. Bashing McCarthy is just as ridiculous as thinking he has nothing to do with how well the team is playing.
Really? 2007, 2016, 2014 might have something to say about that

Big_D

Reaction score
Really? 2007, 2016, 2014 might have something to say about that

Give me a break. You knew exactly how it would end. They were solid teams with a handful of good players. But Jerry and Garrett had no clue whatsoever how to put together a complete roster. What happened in between those years? lol How about after 2007. Fizzled out to pure garbage by 2010. How'd they look with injuries? You actually see solid gameplanning and adjustments here. Flat out ridiculous to think McCarthy plays no part in it.

shabazz

Reaction score
ESPN and other corporate media outlets decided its time to rake a 5-1 Coach over the coals

One can only speculate as to why.......

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ranch - you like his time management skills and his in-game decision making? He goes on 4th when he shouldn’t and doesn’t when he should. He may have them ready to go but he’s gonna screw up a big game for us by letting time run off.
I have openly questioned some of his decisions, but I feel that he does a great job of preparation with his coaches and players.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think we are so conditioned to misery that we invent it sometimes.

I realize McCarthy is not good at game management. He got a lot of help in Green Bay, namely from the QB.

These are legitimate rumblings, but this is like a turd in the punch bowl.

This is pretty much the highest wave I have seen this team riding in a long time.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ESPN and other corporate media outlets decided its time to rake a 5-1 Coach over the coals

One can only speculate as to why.......
Click bait....ragging on the Cowboys equals good ratings, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out...