What's up with the McCarthy bashing?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I also think he has a lot to do with Dak's progress last year and this year. Winning beats everything else, if we don't give moral victories to previous HCs them we should give Mike his due for the record and how the team is prepared each week.

Huge change with Zeke too

Good point on Elliott. We all know that he worked hard to reduce his size and regain some quickness, but we don't know the extent of McCarthy's role in that. That a player comes in in better shape under his watch is a good thing.

Players like Steele also put in good offseason work to make themselves better. Don't know how much credit the coach deserves for that, but I remember this team going soft under Wade Phillips and losing its way.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
They gave up on Dak!:lmao2:
Average HCs don't have a SB win on their resume.....so, you kinda screwed this up.
Nor would they be at 5-1. This squad has done complete 360. Been along time seeing the Boys so aggressive. One can tell there's a lot of chemistry between MM & his players.
I also think he has a lot to do with Dak's progress last year and this year. Winning beats everything else, if we don't give moral victories to previous HCs them we should give Mike his due for the record and how the team is prepared each week.

Huge change with Zeke too
:hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
John Gruden. Pete Carroll.

Oh, and McC himself won one!!!!!

Man, you screwed this up even more royally than I thought. Might want to back up and admit it and move on.
You’ve hit on a big problem with casual fans this era. They see any Coach with a Ring as Elite.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't bash him, he's had some questionable time management issues, but he's had the team ready to go. I think he's doing a good job.
Wait...........did you just say he has had clock management issues?

Cant you just shut up and be happy? We’re 5-1 for Gods sake!

Haters will be haters. You must have a miserable life. All the negativity! I wouldn’t teach my kids to be like you. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

Sound familiar?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude is the same average HC he always was. Exactly what were you guys expecting?

Only thing I see him get bashed for is his clock management and questionable in game management. Which he should be bashed for.

I can tell you that I never expected MM to look so lost with clock management. Looks like he has never done it before.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is stating the obvious, but makes no sense as regarding you telling me I screwed up. Soooo, what evidence are you presenting? I've named several average coaches who won a super bowl.
Much like there’s several average QB’s who have won Super Bowls.

And on the other side of this pundits who won’t acknowledge the greatness of QB’s who haven’t won a Ring.

It’s become such a lazy analysis to assume a player or coach who wins a SB instantly elevates them to Elite.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Haters will be haters. You must have a miserable life. All the negativity! I wouldn’t teach my kids to be like you. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

Sound familiar?
Unbelievable . He admitted what some of us have been calling out but bashes those fans . Which means these Homers are either totally oblivious or clueless to the criticism or it’s only ok if it comes from them. His comment really takes the cake.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You’ve hit on a big problem with casual fans this era. They see any Coach with a Ring as Elite.
This is the problem with fans that think they have a better understanding of football than other, they make up their own definitions of words. And, put words in people's mouths. No one said anything about elite.
You did to shape your "World according to me" narrative.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Unbelievable . He admitted what some of us have been calling out but bashes those fans . Which means these Homers are either totally oblivious or clueless to the criticism or it’s only ok if it comes from them. His comment really takes the cake.
This is what happens when you don't watch other teams play. ALL coaches call plays that don't work out. Did you even watch the NE game? How about Monday night Buffalo game?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sound familiar?
Lol! Salud Roy!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Sound familiar?
No, he can't just shut up. He'll keep parroting the same talking points over and over and eventually will erroneously accuse people of attacking him or insulting him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep......king homer just 100% admitted what we all knew and he claimed we were terrible haters for talking about. :thumbup:

But I respect a man that admits when he is wrong. Props to him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is the problem with fans that think they have a better understanding of football than other, they make up their own definitions of words. And, put words in people's mouths. No one said anything about elite.
You did to shape your "World according to me" narrative.
Some fans do have a better understanding . If you believe all fans are on the same level of their knowledge of the game then you are severely mistaken or naive .

I’d suggest you get out to game or venue where there’s other fans and you will see the diversity of knowledge and insight.

They may love their team as much but unfortunately not everyone is as invested in time to devote in gaining the information and or simply misinterpret what they see. Much like we can all watch the same play or game and come away with with different impressions.

And framing a narrative helps in explaining ones opinion and thoughts . Sorry if it doesn’t paint the picture you were looking for . Perhaps you have your own narrative on the subject you’d like to present other than just bashing or attacking mine .

But if your argument is all fans have the same level of knowledge and insight of the game then I think you’ll be found to have assumed a false narrative .

It comes down to after reading some of these post that some fans basically just don’t like how the criticism is being presented while agreeing with some.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, he can't just shut up. He'll keep parroting the same talking points over and over and eventually will erroneously accuse people of attacking him or insulting him.
Cause you can’t handle the strong argument and narrative being presented. So instead of taking on the substance and subject at hand you take on the fan attempting to discredit them personally hoping it will lessen their damaging message.

That’s Debate 101 attempting to discredit the messenger , but not allowed in these message boards which some of you have always struggled with. Just can’t handle that we can attack moving pieces of the Cowboys without taking personal attacks and insults as a rebuttal. Because basically that’s all you have.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Some fans do have a better understanding . If you believe all fans are on the same level of their knowledge of the game then you are severely mistaken or naive .

I’d suggest you get out to game or venue where there’s other fans and you will see the diversity of knowledge and insight.

They may love their team as much but unfortunately not everyone is as invested in time to devote in gaining the information and or simply misinterpret what they see. Much like we can all watch the same play or game and come away with with different impressions.

And framing a narrative helps in explaining ones opinion and thoughts . Sorry if it doesn’t paint the picture you were looking for . Perhaps you have your own narrative on the subject you’d like to present other than just bashing or attacking mine .

But if your argument is all fans have the same level of knowledge and insight of the game then I think you’ll be found to have assumed a false narrative .

It comes down down to after reading some of these post that some fans basically just don’t like how the criticism is being presented while agreeing with some.
Try reading and not putting words in people's mouths. Good God, it's embarrassing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cause you can’t handle the strong argument and narrative being presented. So instead of taking on the substance and subject at hand you take on the fan attempting to discredit them personally hoping it will lessen their damaging message.

That’s Debate 101 attempting to discredit the messenger , but not allowed in these message boards which some of you have always struggled with. Just can’t handle that we can attack moving pieces of the Cowboys without taking personal attacks and insults as a rebuttal. Because basically that’s all you have.
You think you're WAY more important than you really are dude. This is actually my fault, I should have listened to all the fans here who have you on ignore. You're not interested in an honest debate. And you're not smart or clever enough to disguise it.

Have a great day!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

It comes down down to after reading some of these post that some fans basically just don’t like how the criticism is being presented while agreeing with some.
This site is a testing ground for knowledge. And there is a wide gap. Some fans are destined to be wrong more often then not as they are either biased one way hating or homering.