What's up with the McCarthy bashing?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
What we do know is the Packers with Rogers have been to 5 championship appearances . They haven’t slipped off since McCarthy left.

The fact they didn’t win more championships is on the Packers organization not Rogers who’s personal production and ability is obviously enough.

I’d argue Rodgers has carried their franchise this era much like Romo did our previous era and Dak is doing now. Once you find that QB it’s up to the franchise to surround them.
I don’t agree to this because McCarthy took Favre to an NFC championship during a time when people were saying Favre was finished.

McCarthy was the best thing happened to the Packers since Holmgren left. They were championship contenders when Rodgers became a starter and they were able to cash in a few years later.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
After a decade w/Clapper yet some hate MM?! Then go cheer for the Gnats because MM, like Dak, isn't going anywhere. Touche'

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
It’s not hard. Most of us have watched enough football to know when to call a timeout. Certainly these situations he has been bumbling weren’t complicated at all.

And I don’t care what the odds are of picking up a first down on 4th and 2, you don’t go for it on the first drive of the game when you have the much better team and your opponent has an average offense.

completely stupid.

100% agree

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I am hoping McCarthy ends up being our Tom Coughlin. It might not always look pretty but it gets the job done when it matters. Giants fans were ready to fire Coughlin and then their 2007 Super Bowl run came out of nowhere

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The Moore issue is more complicated. We’ll have to wait and see how that plays out.

@CouchCoach provided a reasonable solution early this week and insight I hadn’t considered. He said that in the event McCarthy proves his value with our success he could become a desired HC again around the league which could have been an incentive to take this job.

And that might have been part of the arrangement initially . Assuming Moore is the desired long term intention of Jethro in which he’d hate to lose this might provide a pathway for both parties. McCarthy could be released to seek another team and Moore promoted.

There’s a growing feeling that Jethro might take any means to retain Moore once the offers start coming in after this season. Going to be very interesting how it plays out. And much could ride on how this season concludes.

It definitely presents more drama than you’d think after a potentially successful season.

I just think that Jerry will promise Moore a head coaching position and pay him as a head coach to stay. This will be after when McCarthy decide to keep it quits.

I'm sure that one of our rivals in the NFC East would love to have McCarthy as their coach. By far he is the most qualified and experienced in getting a team to the superbowl.