When Dallas beats Tampa

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are plenty of reasons to believe the Dallas Cowboys can not only contend for the NFC East, but the NFC title this upcoming season. Former NFL GM Mike Tannenbaum thinks it’s not only possible, but plausible.

During an appearance on ESPN’s Get Up! on Tuesday, Tannenbaum revealed he believes the Cowboys can “take Tampa Bay all the way to the Conference [Championship].” He also thinks Dallas will beat the Buccaneers on opening night.

“I think [the Cowboys] can take Tampa Bay all the way to the Conference [Championship],” Tannenbaum said, via Get Up!. “… When Dallas beats Tampa on opening night, they’re going to have the inside track for home-field advantage.”

Take a look:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-nfl-gm-has-bold-prediction-for-the-cowboys/ar-AALAsee
giphy.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When Dallas beats Tampa, the haters will say that Dak and Zeke got lucky and Brady had a stomach bug.....

When If Dallas beats Tampa Bay, I'll say "instead of just talking about it, this time they actually did it" for a change.

Hope springs eternal.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Only an idiot would predicate an entire season on the first game of the year. The Cowboys don't need to beat Tampa Bay to achieve their goals this year and even if they do beat them it guarantees them nothing going forward. As such the Cowboys need to focus on taking it one game at a time and not allow the outcome of the first damn game of the season to hold any more than the 1/17th importance that it does.. win or lose.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m gonna rub that in my now Tom Brady super fan cowboy fan brothers face. I want nothing more than that win at this moment as a cowboy fan

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the Bucs win that game handily. Better team, at home, the extra buzz of raising the Championship banner, a rusty Prescott. It will get ugly quick.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When If Dallas beats Tampa Bay, I'll say "instead of just talking about it, this time they actually did it" for a change.

Hope springs eternal.
Many around here have zero hope.....that's what pisses me off. If they have no hope, get the fug out....

waving monkey

Reaction score
There are plenty of reasons to believe the Dallas Cowboys can not only contend for the NFC East, but the NFC title this upcoming season. Former NFL GM Mike Tannenbaum thinks it’s not only possible, but plausible.

During an appearance on ESPN’s Get Up! on Tuesday, Tannenbaum revealed he believes the Cowboys can “take Tampa Bay all the way to the Conference [Championship].” He also thinks Dallas will beat the Buccaneers on opening night.

Tampa has a great team we potentially have a good team
“I think [the Cowboys] can take Tampa Bay all the way to the Conference [Championship],” Tannenbaum said, via Get Up!. “… When Dallas beats Tampa on opening night, they’re going to have the inside track for home-field advantage.”

Take a look:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-nfl-gm-has-bold-prediction-for-the-cowboys/ar-AALAsee

RoboQB

Reaction score
Only chance of beating Tampa on opening night is if
Brady arrives by boat after a few avocado shots.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I love it !

Go Cowboys !!!!

I want some of what he's smokin too !!!

I actually live in the tampa/Clearwater area and youd be suprised how many bucs fans believe the cowboys can take them on opening night.....and i dont believe those bucs fans are smoking anything!

I just believe they are realist fans who believe the cowboys catch bad breaks but could compete with anyone when clicking on all cylinders.

I have random football talk all the time with these fans and dallas is a team they give alot of credit to. Sometimes id rather listen to them than some of the fans on this forum!

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I see the stars aligning y'all !

I honestly believe that the defense is not near as bad as they played last year and I absolutely think 80% is because of Nolan and his system. Now, fo sho, the porous run defense was rearing its ugly head before all this but Nolan tried to get fancy and put in his complicated D on top of the COVID preseason and lack of practice, no OTA's, and lack of camp. That was stoopid and even Ray Charles coulda seen the predictable outcome of that. 2/3 through the season the defense is totally demoralized. No wonder our D looked like something that fell out of the south end of a northbound cow.

We're poised to look good this year! I'm no hater and I'm no lover. Just a Cowboy fanatic!

Let's go Cowboys ! ( I yell this in unison with the Cowboy Blitz Podcast during the intro)

JayFord

Reaction score
If Dallas beats Tampa the only thing that'll happen is the goal post will be moved

"oh Tampa had a SB hangover"
" Dallas didnt win 2 games in one night" ,
"They only won because Tampa let em....."

and if that fails

"the cowboys outfield isnt good and their relief pitching wont last 17 games"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually live in the tampa/Clearwater area and youd be suprised how many bucs fans believe the cowboys can take them on opening night.....and i dont believe those bucs fans are smoking anything!

I just believe they are realist fans who believe the cowboys catch bad breaks but could compete with anyone when clicking on all cylinders.

I have random football talk all the time with these fans and dallas is a team they give alot of credit to. Sometimes id rather listen to them than some of the fans on this forum!

great post

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I always believe that the best times a great team loses to an underdog team is the first game of the season or the underdog’s home opener. Between these two teams, there are talent on both sides of the ball. The difference is that Tampa kept everyone while Dallas is working with some coaching and personnel changes on defense.