CZ POLL When did you become a Cowboys fan?

When did you become a Cowboys fan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo2

Reaction score
I call that troubling. They are the reason why Jerry doesn't care about the product he puts on the field because these "good enough" fans don't hold him accountable to win a Championship.
They could win this year or next. It is an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think it’s cool how we still have fans on this board that saw Don Meredith, Don Perkins, and the 60’s legends play. I laugh at these threads wanting to publicly drop their loyalty because of a few bad seasons. We have fans who have been showing up for 50+ years.
And last year was a good season and they have a good team now. Parsons may be the best player in he entire league.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I became of a casual fan in 1960 and a diehard fan in 1965, when Bob Hayes and Dandy Don helped us into prominence. I've been habitually inclined to watch each and every game they've played since then. That's when I guess many of us became helplessly addicted and hopelessly spoiled with their constantly being involved in the championship race. Times have changed a bit since then, but of course, my fandom stubbornly persists. ;)

Last edited:

Bermystar12

Reaction score
Like the old chat rooms. When the internet exploded that was the thing. I got into some for about a year or so. Sports ones. Spent maybe an hour or so in the evenings after I got everything else done I needed to do. I know some people spent all their free time in them, or as soon as they got home, they went right to the chat rooms.

They ran their course, and I am not even sure if they are a thing now. I have not been in one since 1999.
I guess there are so many other options now, the younger persons have all of that to use. Like you mentioned, social media.

Also many fans are into fantasy football, they really don't follow teams like they used to, or they jump from team to team because of it. That is just a guess, but I think a pretty good guess.
They eventually settle on one team more so than others.
I'm trying Fantasy Football this year. I've tried before but never gave it a fair shot... I fear same will happen this year, because I just can't get into wishing players on other teams perform well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Route 6 in CT used to be known as Suicide 6 for its horrific car accidents. In the late 80s/early 90s, it was considered the most dangerous road in America.
The nickname is still there. They added left turn lanes, which helps, but people apparently just get tired of waiting to pull out onto the road, so they pull out in front of someone who's going 60 m.p.h.

MrPhil

Reaction score
My earliest memory as a fan is the 1982 NFC Championship game. I was 10 years old on a family vacation to D.C. I was wondering around downtown in my Cowboys gear and we were checking on the game by asking museum security guards who were listening to it. Managed to get a few autographs outside the team hotel and met Rowdy (or whatever his name was at the time). My Dad is convinced that the only reason I made it out of D.C. unscathed is because I was a kid.

Time

Reaction score
1965 for me. My timing was impeccable because the Boys got really good in '66 and stayed that way for a long time.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
From birth. 1977. My father worked for the team so I was instantly inundated in the world from day 1.

I was at Super Bowl XII but don't remember it.

I remember Roger Staubach being the QB of the Cowboys but have no memories of any of his games live. My first 100% clear formative memory of a game was "The Catch" which is why that sticks in my craw so hard even today.

quickccc

Reaction score
Me: Since tpre-eenage child hood, when i learned how/why to hoot, cheer and holler.

... like everyone else in the living room that were already cheerleading, hooting and hollerin' Dallas Cowboys noise,....

. :oldcouple:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the 2000-2009 crowd

At least you got that 07’ squad. The best we’ve had since the dynasty

Manster68

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if the moderators should have Geritol as one of its sponsors? Lots of Geezers on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.