When does this happen, Jerry?

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Perhaps more important than replacing the HC..

Just when do you begin making the transition to letting Stephen be owner and day to day operations man?

You know..the Sox and jocks guy.

Of course nobody can replace you.

But like it or not..

you are getting up there and reminding me of AL Davis more everyday.

Davis was a joke in the last part of his ownership.

You need to make plans for the team and the fans for after you get in the bus and leave for the last time.

After you move Stephen up..

he will need a GM.

Why not hire one and let's see how smooth it can go.

If suddenly you choke on a chicken wing..

where does that leave us?

As fans..we are your legacy.

Not that I want you gone prematurely ..

but enough with the ROH stuff.

There is much more to be done.

You always write like this, a blank line between each sentence. I always end up reading your posts with the same cadence I use when reading things written in verse.

It's better than those people who never use blank lines so their lengthy post is a massive wall of a single paragraph.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is one of the dumbest posts you will ever read on this forum. Complete and total lunacy.

If anyone believes Jerry has to encourage anyone in this organization to make a personnel move you are truly delusional.

One man is in charge of this team and if there's ever a change and a real GM brought in one man will ultimately make that decision. Till the day he dies.

As an aside, Stephen is as big of a football moron as Jerry. The Cowboys will be no better off the day he steps in and pretends hesh an NFL GM just like his daddy.
I've so many posts here that are much "dumber" than that.

Mannix

Reaction score
Stephen seems to be trying to save every last penny for his inheritance. I once though he could be brilliant as a GM....Jimmy even talked him up years ago....but now I think he is just one tick above a boob.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think Jerry still has an effect. I'd like to know who was the driving force behind Cooper. Seems like a Jerry move more than a Stephen move.
Yessir! I'd just about have to lay my last dollar on that proffered posted personal projected thought ,there myself,,, @buybuydandavis :thumbup:

* dude? ,,,If I wasn't following you prior to this post?,,,I am NOWo_O:yourock:wooo-hooo:yourock:

:dance::starspin::dance:

:):thumbup::)

GenoT

Reaction score
Perhaps more important than replacing the HC..

Just when do you begin making the transition to letting Stephen be owner and day to day operations man?

You know..the Sox and jocks guy.

Of course nobody can replace you.

But like it or not..

you are getting up there and reminding me of AL Davis more everyday.

Davis was a joke in the last part of his ownership.

You need to make plans for the team and the fans for after you get in the bus and leave for the last time.

After you move Stephen up..

he will need a GM.

Why not hire one and let's see how smooth it can go.

If suddenly you choke on a chicken wing..

where does that leave us?

As fans..we are your legacy.

Not that I want you gone prematurely ..

but enough with the ROH stuff.

There is much more to be done.
Obviously, you’re either much too young and/or just a bit too obtuse to have processed the past 29 years of Jones’ ownership.

Jerry isn’t going to relinquish final-say control over the Cowboys until 1) he becomes clinically senile and the rest of the Jones clan gently remove him from his present position, or 2) he dies.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
This is one of the dumbest posts you will ever read on this forum. Complete and total lunacy.

If anyone believes Jerry has to encourage anyone in this organization to make a personnel move they are truly delusional.

One man is in charge of this team and if there's ever a change and a real GM brought in one man will ultimately make that decision. Till the day he dies. The melvins who tell you differently are the same geniuses who used to tell you for years how Jerry was actually a good GM. Can do that anymore so pretend he's not really the GM.

Stephen is as big of a football moron as Jerry. The Cowboys will be no better off the day he steps in and pretends he's an NFL GM just like his daddy.

He's not talking about just "anyone in this organization". He's talking about heir-apparent Stephen Jones who has clearly been increasingly involved.

It's impossible to say because we aren't in The Star with them but I have no reason to believe Jerry tells Stephen what to do anymore, at least not with the ease he tells everyone else.

I think the truth is somewhere between both of you. I don't think Stephen is totally in control and I think Jerry can and probably does still put the foot down sometimes. But I also think Stephen is running a lot of if not nearly all of the show and Jerry is primarily getting involved when Stephen makes a choice Jerry doesn't fully agree with at first.

I think it's hard to tell where to draw the line because they're pretty similar. Did Stephen or Jerry drove the AC acquisition? Hard to say, it's a Jerry move but isn't outside Stephen's playbook either, and the spin coming out of The Star on the move sounds a lot like Stephen's philosophies.

My guess? We've entered a dynamic where Jerry is acting primarily like an owner that's a little hands-on and Stephen is acting primarily like a GM. They see things the same way (Jerry did raise Stephen after all) so Jerry's ego can afford to be "a little hands-on" since Stephen will probably do something Jerry likes. No other person would get that latitude with Jerry.

Melonfeud

Reaction score

If anyone believes Jerry has to encourage anyone in this organization to make a personnel move they are truly delusional.

One man is in charge of this team and if there's ever a change and a real GM brought in one man will ultimately make that decision. Till the day he dies. The melvins who tell you differently are the same geniuses who used to tell you for years how Jerry was actually a good GM. Can't do that anymore so pretend he's not really the GM.

Stephen is as big of a football moron as Jerry. The Cowboys will be no better off the day he steps in and pretends he's an NFL GM just like his daddy.
+ 4& 1/2 points awarded fer the first of verifiable nature in this persons outburst of opinion that that the FEUDIAN oversight council has unanimously all nodded heads in agreement thereof,,, er,,,and that extra 1&1/2 were additionally, unanimously ,awarded fer' the employment of the invective of " YOU MELVIN'S " in an overt& combative nature:)
:thumbup:

:oldcouple:

:welcome:

o_O

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Obviously, you’re either much too young and/or just a bit too obtuse to have processed the past 29 years of Jones’ ownership.

Jerry isn’t going to relinquish final-say control over the Cowboys until 1) he becomes clinically senile and the rest of the Jones clan gently remove him from his present position, or 2) he dies.
Understood.

But debating about when Garrett is over with..

can't tell you.

To me the HC is minor compared to reforming the structure of the team so it can succeed.

its been 25 years now since Johnson quit.

I think he proved his point and Jerrah has had 25 years to fix it.

Nothing.

Just a new stadium and now the Star.

Sort of reminds me of WWII and Adolph Hitler.

Even while his armies were being destroyed..

he found time to meet with Albert Speer to re-design Berlin and rebuild.

He was dead 3 months later.

So Jerrah builds mausoleums to himself.

Great.

while Rome burns.

I frankly can not see what Jerrah has done to improve the team.

He hasn't a clue.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
On the bright side, Jerry doesn't wear gaudy eyeglasses.
,,,er,,,but,,,,HE COULD IF HE SO CHOOSE TOO!,,,it just ain't in his pioneering/ superhighway blazing way of his MAN BAG,,,Baby!o_O

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think we will see Jerry hire a true GM in his lifetime. Maybe with Stephen.

Hiring a GM, a true football GM, would mean he has been wrong for 20 plus years. Jerry won't admit that in his lifetime.
I agree . Jerry for life or unless he’s tied to a bed.

But it’s not about whether he thinks he’s right or wrong. He’s already admittted he’d of fired himself.

It’s just selfish arrogance. The Cowboys are his and no one else is going to play with his ball. It’s not about Cowboys Football. It’s about Jerry.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
You always write like this, a blank line between each sentence. I always end up reading your posts with the same cadence I use when reading things written in verse.

It's better than those people who never use blank lines so their lengthy post is a massive wall of a single paragraph.
That's highly informative & an most insightful addition to yer' profile, my FRIEND:thumbup:

* I hope you appreciate my non espoused campfire rendition of yer' user handle, cuz' I like,,,or,,, believe it or not,,,I truly do like& enjoy ( most of the time) each& every one of my fellow forum members ( straight up/ truth:))

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Al was a Football guy not an idiot. Only casual fans wouldn’t understand the difference.
He became a delusional paranoid liability as he aged. That affected his ability to make sound judgments.

We have had a delusional optimistic liability with a semi-lucid mind in charge for the last two decades.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At least Mark is willing to bring in a real proven football guy to run operations.
Really?

He kicked aside McKenzie and handed the keys to Gruden who has proceeded to tear down the entire team and take the Raider name further down into the mud.

People have said this nonsense about Stephen Jones since forever.

"He'll bring in a real proven guy".

Based on what?

Even the great Will McClay was homegrown. He's been around for over fifteen years. Ran Jerry Jones' arena team.