When does this happen, Jerry?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Really?

He kicked aside McKenzie and handed the keys to Gruden who has proceeded to tear down the entire team and take the Raider name further down into the mud.

People have said this nonsense about Stephen Jones since forever.

"He'll bring in a real proven guy".

Based on what?

Even the great Will McClay was homegrown. He's been around for over fifteen years. Ran Jerry Jones' arena team.
I like what Gruden is doing. Reminds me of Jimmy.

His team sucks so is compiling picks. Now we’ll see what he does with them,

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's not talking about just "anyone in this organization". He's talking about heir-apparent Stephen Jones who has clearly been increasingly involved.

It's impossible to say because we aren't in The Star with them but I have no reason to believe Jerry tells Stephen what to do anymore, at least not with the ease he tells everyone else.

I think the truth is somewhere between both of you. I don't think Stephen is totally in control and I think Jerry can and probably does still put the foot down sometimes. But I also think Stephen is running a lot of if not nearly all of the show and Jerry is primarily getting involved when Stephen makes a choice Jerry doesn't fully agree with at first.

I think it's hard to tell where to draw the line because they're pretty similar. Did Stephen or Jerry drove the AC acquisition? Hard to say, it's a Jerry move but isn't outside Stephen's playbook either, and the spin coming out of The Star on the move sounds a lot like Stephen's philosophies.

My guess? We've entered a dynamic where Jerry is acting primarily like an owner that's a little hands-on and Stephen is acting primarily like a GM. They see things the same way (Jerry did raise Stephen after all) so Jerry's ego can afford to be "a little hands-on" since Stephen will probably do something Jerry likes. No other person would get that latitude with Jerry.
Well said, Schnitz.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I agree . Jerry for life or unless he’s tied to a bed.

But it’s not about whether he thinks he’s right or wrong. He’s already admittted he’d of fired himself.

It’s just selfish arrogance. The Cowboys are his and no one else is going to play with his ball. It’s not about Cowboys Football. It’s about Jerry.
And that includes you,him ,her& about 250 MILLION other DALLAS COWBOYS FANS ,,,spanning the GLOBE,,,man-alive!,just the arrogance espoused by cyber voices trilling their disgruntlement is mind boggling, when if actually seriously contemplated, over 98.6% prolly ain't invested a mere $100 outta their very own Azz back pocket in their life long pursuit of fandom( why if only those mere " MELVIN'S " alone would conceptually realize that OL' JJ could quite readily & with typical suave self granted caliber of sly gifted JJ STYLE?,,, reconquest the whole of Mexico and the turf of all documented ancient civilizations that are known thereof further south ,,,er,,,pertaining to that region thereof,,,In THE NAME OF Dallas Cowboys Gringo AMERICAN FOOTBALL were He only to RELOCATE the FRANCHISE?,,, seriously, no more wars,epidemics & conspired zebra shirted yellow casing-liners being untimely launched down in that A.O'S of this one fans whirled peas vision of one world footballish harmony of DOMINION fans envisionment.,,,cuz' we line you up against the wall &
( whatever that bean lingo term fer' " FIRE" is:huh:)

just let me tell ya!,,, yer Chiwawa yapping ankle nips are purty small potaters were a true visionary be whispering in his ear, ya seeo_O

*my Bro @Diehardblues knows my quoting his post is in no,way, shape nor form to be of a perceived personal affront upon his high caliber & greatly esteemed and appreciated fellowship,,, for thru my mere illustration of the absurd by absurdly highlighting absurdities, the abject absurdness of the expressed opinions of this thread may be viewed,,,er,,,in an absurd angle,,,& I've ran dry on that last 5th of JIM BEAM about 20 minutes agoo_O

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Perhaps more important than replacing the HC..

Just when do you begin making the transition to letting Stephen be owner and day to day operations man?

You know..the Sox and jocks guy.

Of course nobody can replace you.

But like it or not..

you are getting up there and reminding me of AL Davis more everyday.

Davis was a joke in the last part of his ownership.

You need to make plans for the team and the fans for after you get in the bus and leave for the last time.

After you move Stephen up..

he will need a GM.

Why not hire one and let's see how smooth it can go.

If suddenly you choke on a chicken wing..

where does that leave us?

As fans..we are your legacy.

Not that I want you gone prematurely ..

but enough with the ROH stuff.

There is much more to be done.
He’s already turned day to day operations over to Stephen.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And that includes you,him ,her& about 250 MILLION other DALLAS COWBOYS FANS ,,,spanning the GLOBE,,,man-alive!,just the arrogance espoused by cyber voices trilling their disgruntlement is mind boggling, when if actually seriously contemplated, over 98.6% prolly ain't invested a mere $100 outta their very own Azz back pocket in their life long pursuit of fandom( why if only those mere " MELVIN'S " alone would conceptually realize that OL' JJ could quite readily & with typical suave self granted caliber of sly gifted JJ STYLE?,,, reconquest the whole of Mexico and the turf of all documented ancient civilizations that are known thereof further south ,,,er,,,pertaining to that region thereof,,,In THE NAME OF Dallas Cowboys Gringo AMERICAN FOOTBALL were He only to RELOCATE the FRANCHISE?,,, seriously, no more wars,epidemics & conspired zebra shirted yellow casing-liners being untimely launched down in that A.O'S of this one fans whirled peas vision of one world footballish harmony of DOMINION fans envisionment.,,,cuz' we line you up against the wall &
( whatever that bean lingo term fer' " FIRE" is:huh:)

just let me tell ya!,,, yer Chiwawa yapping ankle nips are purty small potaters were a true visionary be whispering in his ear, ya seeo_O

*my Bro @Diehardblues knows my quoting his post is in no,way, shape nor form to be of a perceived personal affront upon his high caliber & greatly esteemed and appreciated fellowship,,, for thru my mere illustration of the absurd by absurdly highlighting absurdities, the abject absurdness of the expressed opinions of this thread may be viewed,,,er,,,in an absurd angle,,,& I've ran dry on that last 5th of JIM BEAM about 20 minutes agoo_O
Yep. Say what you want about Diehard, except that he hasn't spent much money supporting the Cowboys. Anyone who tries to say that has no idea what they're talking about.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Perhaps, as I'm of comprehending the implied aspects of yer' posted statement in whatever intended vectored angles of design my Friend cuz' its prolly due to my broad& varied vast expanse of acceptance of various things a travelled milage logged casing-liner encompasses,,, er,,,and like all the other 99.999% of folks that could give a **** less what I've got to say?,,,HA,,,neither do I,,,o_O

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You always write like this, a blank line between each sentence. I always end up reading your posts with the same cadence I use when reading things written in verse.

It's better than those people who never use blank lines so their lengthy post is a massive wall of a single paragraph.

Maybe his typewriter is set to double spaced.
:lmao:
J/k redball

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Stephen seems to be trying to save every last penny for his inheritance. I once though he could be brilliant as a GM....Jimmy even talked him up years ago....but now I think he is just one tick above a boob.
Well if he wants to maximize his inheritance he should consider either selling the team now that it is at it's peak value or hire a GM to retain that value.

If nothing is done sooner or later the value and mystique of the cowboys will certainly decline.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sad thing is, he doesn't even realize what EVERYONE else has known for years...
That is a close assumption in my opinion and this
...practically hits the nail on the head.

Jones believes he is just as or better qualified than any other general manager presently in the NFL or any who has held the title for other teams since he named himself as one. From his perspective, Jones believes anyone doubting he is not the best man for the job is just as clueless as those sayng he is the one who is oblivious.

Others can label Jones' self-belief any way they want. Delusional. Cuckoo. Whatever. None of it changes how Jones sees himself. However, his flawed self-preception is what truly drives him and not other motivations that he falsely accused--such as greed.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is one of the dumbest posts you will ever read on this forum. Complete and total lunacy.

If anyone believes Jerry has to encourage anyone in this organization to make a personnel move they are truly delusional.

One man is in charge of this team and if there's ever a change and a real GM brought in one man will ultimately make that decision. Till the day he dies. The melvins who tell you differently are the same geniuses who used to tell you for years how Jerry was actually a good GM. Can't do that anymore so pretend he's not really the GM.

Stephen is as big of a football moron as Jerry. The Cowboys will be no better off the day he steps in and pretends he's an NFL GM just like his daddy.
I agree with Risen Star......which feels really weird.

If Stephen was truly in charge then things are even worse than imagined because he has not replaced his father with a legitimate GM.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Perhaps more important than replacing the HC..

Just when do you begin making the transition to letting Stephen be owner and day to day operations man?

You know..the Sox and jocks guy.

Of course nobody can replace you.

But like it or not..

you are getting up there and reminding me of AL Davis more everyday.

Davis was a joke in the last part of his ownership.

You need to make plans for the team and the fans for after you get in the bus and leave for the last time.

After you move Stephen up..

he will need a GM.

Why not hire one and let's see how smooth it can go.

If suddenly you choke on a chicken wing..

where does that leave us?

As fans..we are your legacy.

Not that I want you gone prematurely ..

but enough with the ROH stuff.

There is much more to be done.

Maybe a already passed the reigns over to stephen.
Maybe it was stephens decission to trade for the pooper.

That thought is what scares me even more....

Hardline

Reaction score
The only thing that will change when Stephen takes over is he will get to move into the fancier office.