When is the last time you said, great off season?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Ive been coming here for years, since the site on the Cowboys website went away. Every off season its the same thing. People complaining about what the team is NOT doing. Last year they were whining about kicker and how we should be signing Crosby to a deal(one that have been costly) and then pow, we ended up with maybe the best kicker in the league.

So it made me think..... when was the last time we had an off season BEFORE the draft that you stood up and said Damn! what a great job the FO did this year? Im thinking for most of you, that is never. Im thinking for most of you, its the same old this front office sucks and does nothing correct.

Whats the point of my post? to say relax. You cant judge any off season in April. Yea, yea, I know, but its been 735 years since they have done anything in the playoffs and blah blah blah.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea. I was thinking as far back to the time Deion Sanders came to Dallas, but he didn't sign with Dallas until week 2 of the 1995 season.

fivetwos

Reaction score

After the one seed choke they added they added some guys, including Pac Man. They were close and tried to get over the hump.

When it wasn’t working they traded for Roy Williams mid season.

Yeah, that didn’t work but it doesn’t mean to stop trying. It may simply mean you’re not any good at this.

Now it seems the philosophy is if you do nothing, you can’t make mistakes.

They have recently reaped the benefit of a few decent drafts plus getting lucky with Parsons and Lamb added to what was already here, but the last few crap drafts are going to catch up to them on the field shortly.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Each fan will have their own idea of what makes a good off season.

I have not been excited over this off season so far as some in the past.

Like last season they traded for Cooks and Gilmore. Showed they were trying to do something.
This off season they are doing something different by doing not much of anything. Which is what many fans wanted, as to some of the players they wanted gone. Only to be frustrated by not replacing them.

But history shown us they lose more players than they sign in FA. And rely upon the draft.

I will wait until after the draft, and then see how they fill out the roster as to all UDFA's or bring in some low level FA's to fill the gaps going into TC.

I am more excited for OTA's / TC, to see what Trey Lance can show.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Last year was a pretty good off season - traded for some key pieces, resigned some of our own FA, decent draft. This off season will be the best of all time if they cut loose the dead wait at a specific position.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Ive been coming here for years, since the site on the Cowboys website went away. Every off season its the same thing. People complaining about what the team is NOT doing. Last year they were whining about kicker and how we should be signing Crosby to a deal(one that have been costly) and then pow, we ended up with maybe the best kicker in the league.

So it made me think..... when was the last time we had an off season BEFORE the draft that you stood up and said Damn! what a great job the FO did this year? Im thinking for most of you, that is never. Im thinking for most of you, its the same old this front office sucks and does nothing correct.

Whats the point of my post? to say relax. You cant judge any off season in April. Yea, yea, I know, but its been 735 years since they have done anything in the playoffs and blah blah blah.
I said it many times, just not about the Cowboys.................

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If we make a big trade to rebuild, this might be the best ever

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever referred to the offseason as “great”. I usually designate that for the draft.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
This last off season...but I'm talking about my Dodgers. It's crazy to have a guy like Friedman running a franchise in another sport then coming in here and seeing what Jerry and his little fastest swimmer do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Whats the point of my post? to say relax. You cant judge any off season in April. Yea, yea, I know, but it’s been 735 years since they have done anything in the playoffs and blah blah blah.
I said it last year with Cooks and Gilmore….