"When It Mattered Most Tony Romo Delivered" - John Lynch

khiladi

Reaction score
Sounds like you're contradicting yourself...again. They held it off easily, but didn't account for the extra blitzer? They kept 8 in to block on that pllay, and only sent two out. Meriweather had to come from all the way outside, and only got a hand on Romo, and he went down.

They are two statements. We pass protected outside the blitz well even in pass protection. Romo had plenty of time that last series. The second sentence, I'm referring to the blitz play where they didn't account for the extra rusher on the right side and Witten was in the backfield. They overloaded that side way before the play was snapped. And it was LB, not Merriweather if I remember correctly.

visionary

Reaction score
Tony Romo is both a big clutch player and a big choke player. It's not either or. However, I think his chokes result more on him doing too much than some propensity to just choke. Get him better players. Get him a running game. Get him some guys who can block, and he's going to deliver more than he's not.

This
Get romo a real HC and OC

jnday

Reaction score
I remember the start of the season how bad the offensive line was going to be. I'm pretty surprised they are doing the job they are doing!

They still could upgrade s couple of the oline positions, but they have come together and played well over the last few games. I hope they continue in the direction that they are going and continue investing in the line.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
They still could upgrade s couple of the oline positions, but they have come together and played well over the last few games. I hope they continue in the direction that they are going and continue investing in the line.

I think when Waters came in for the time he was there. After he got injured, the line seemed to get better.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
The delivery process is not complete. Next week will tell us how far Romo and this team have come. That is when it really matters. If the Eagles lose tonight then todays game was virtually meaningless as far as the standings go. I do like the fact that our defense was given the opportunity to close out a game and they came through. Hopefully this will help their confidence. Wish they would have been given the same opportunity last week.

romothesavior

Reaction score
This
Get romo a real HC and OC

I think the Packers game last week proved that as great a QB as he is, Romo would be even better with a real head coach. He needs one who will commit to the run and give him a balanced offense, won't throw him under the bus, and will tell him what to do when he needs to hear it. Seems to me that Romo usually has to play QB and head coach for this team.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
He was the reason we won this game, that's what I expect from a $100 million QB.

I want believe that to, but for heaven sake that was the 3-11 Washington Commanders out there.....I am happy for the win but they need to win against an over 500 team. Maybe they are saving it for the playoffs

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Romo haters are stewing right now....nothing to say...I am sure that they were waiting to say "they lost because of his int in the 3rd quarter"

not so much

I don't care who you are this is funny. You act like people who don't care for Romo actually have anything to do with how he plays. Who cares about the so called haters and apologists? Facts are facts. With Romo and his 100 mil contract this team is .500 at best. With a contract like that we can't afford to sign any decent players.This is a "what have you done for me lately or prove it to me" league. Next week Romo gets yet another opportunity to change the perception that most people have of him. If he wins that game alot will be forgotten, if he doesn't he will once again become the goat. This whole hater/apologist bs does nothing for me. We are all Cowboy's fans and want the same thing for this team. It really doesn't matter who you choose to give credit or blame to. There just isn't any need to get butt hurt when someone calls a player out after a loss especially when the rest of the world knows who the blame should fall on.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Sorry but you act like they even out and that's BS..Romo's good is way better than the bad.

Come down the wire regardless of what happened before...Romo is just as likely to throw a game ending interception as he is a game winning drive. This win is putting blinders on people.. it's crazy.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Romo haters are stewing right now....nothing to say...I am sure that they were waiting to say "they lost because of his int in the 3rd quarter"

not so much

There might be a few Romo haters but I can't say I know for certain. I know there are those that have experienced the trauma of seeing their hopes dashed to pieces by Romo in critical situations, and have expressed just about every emotion from anger to whatever, but I don't call the people who always defend Romo as Romo lovers. There are a large group of us in the middle that have very lofty ambitions for the Cowboys that exceed JJ's 'show.' Most of us give Rome his due in good times and express our disappointment in bad times. This doesn't just reach to Romo although as the leader and most visible one he does catch most of the flack. I try to keep a balance of giving credit to those deserving and at times take shots at those deserving criticism.

I am a little, very little, like JJ in that I am very loyal to the good players even past their prime. Once they cross a certain threshold then because I want them traded or cut, doesn't mean I have less of an appreciation for what they have done, but I recognize that at some point we must keep an infusion of young fresh talent with a blend of the seasoned experienced players. I am usually the most critical around draft time because most of the time I am disappointed but with a little time I am a little more objective.

I rejoice with victories and lament with losses. The last 17 years have produced more lamentations than dancing in the streets. Sometimes I allow the history of the last few years to cloud my objectivity and therefore blunt my optimism about the playoffs and SBs without some basis for it. At my age I do fear that the Cowboys will not win another SB in my lifetime. If I were younger I could afford to be more hopeful. I think however that underneath the veneer both the 'haters' and the 'lovers' are a lot alike but it is a matter of perspective. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I want believe that to, but for heaven sake that was the 3-11 Washington Commanders out there.....I am happy for the win but they need to win against an over 500 team. Maybe they are saving it for the playoffs

And we have one of the worst D's in NFL history. I think that more than cancels the Skin's record out...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Tony Romo is both a big clutch player and a big choke player. It's not either or. However, I think his chokes result more on him doing too much than some propensity to just choke. Get him better players. Get him a running game. Get him some guys who can block, and he's going to deliver more than he's not.

Irony is Tony just tied Roger S for most comeback wins. Difference is he has never had the supporting cast Roger did , so he has no rings/ and 1 playoff win to show for all that effort

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Irony is Tony just tied Roger S for most comeback wins. Difference is he has never had the supporting cast Roger did , so he has no rings/ and 1 playoff win to show for all that effort

I think it's more a matter of never having played with as good a coaching staff and organization but point well taken.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I mentioned earlier in the week, maybe it was yesterday or something that I was conflicted on whether I wanted us to win or lose. I'm still conflicted because if we lose, Jerry Jones would be forced to make STRONG changes. If we lose, we get better draft position. If we win, we need to go to the playoffs and win there. If we win today, lose next week, we've accomplished NOTHING. This is why I was conflicted.

About my negative post. People get so excited when we beat a very bad team. However, I did give Romo credit in other threads if you'd bother to read them. Romo lovers are just nauseating.

As are romo haters.