When John Gruden wins his lawsuit vs NFL I can see him coaching here

kskboys

Reaction score
He didn't destroy the Raiders in their first run and the Raiders lost the Super Bowl the very next season because Gruden was the better coach. As for his time in TB, hard to get back to a Super Bowl and win it without a franchise QB. TB wasn't without talent those years, just without talent at the most important position.
Yes he did.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The amount of Gruden apologists in this thread is kind of surprising to me. Gruden is a slimeball, as are the NFL elites like Jerry, Goodelll, Davis, etc. These things are not mutually exclusive.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The amount of Gruden apologists in this thread is kind of surprising to me. Gruden is a slimeball, as are the NFL elites like Jerry, Goodelll, Davis, etc. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Or some of us just don't give a crap about what was said in emails. I didn't need to see it nor did anyone else. It doesn't matter. Get over it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
IF he wins his lawsuit.

Been on both sides of lawsuits, one thing is you never know what will happen....

kskboys

Reaction score
Or some of us just don't give a crap about what was said in emails. I didn't need to see it nor did anyone else. It doesn't matter. Get over it.
It's shocking to me how so many people don't understand the crapp that is constantly said privately.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's shocking to me how so many people don't understand the crapp that is constantly said privately.

Personally I prefer key leaders of my organization to show a high level of character. Could you even imagine Tom Landry behaving like this in private? No.

Just my opinion though, but if my goal was to build a winning culture I would never employ someone like Gruden.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Personally I prefer key leaders of my organization to show a high level of character. Could you even imagine Tom Landry behaving like this in private? No.

Just my opinion though, but if my goal was to build a winning culture I would never employ someone like Gruden.

Gruden helped build up the Raiders back into relevancy and they lost the Super Bowl the following year they traded him....when they faced him in the Super Bowl. Apparently Gruden helped two teams have a winning culture.

kskboys

Reaction score

You appear to be one of those who have no idea the things that are said behind closed doors.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man this place has some low lines on it with nothing to live for. Doesn't shock me one bit they align themselves with that idiot. He'll get another job but hopefully his career in the NFL is over and he shouldn't be allowed to teach children.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You appear to be one of those who have no idea the things that are said behind closed doors.

Yup, if you're not exposed to something you have little way of knowing what goes on.

I remember as a young man, having led somewhat of a sheltered/small town life, thinking women weren't as bad as men with their language.

Then one day at work I had called for an attorney and his secretary, instead of putting me on hold, just put the phone down on her desk until the attorney could get to the phone. She was talking with some other women and oh my! The words they used, and what things they talked about! I was sitting there with my mouth open in amazement. Got a real education in those few minutes, lol.

End of my innocence!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He didn't destroy the Raiders in their first run and the Raiders lost the Super Bowl the very next season because Gruden was the better coach. As for his time in TB, hard to get back to a Super Bowl and win it without a franchise QB. TB wasn't without talent those years, just without talent at the most important position.
He is a good coach, but he had become overrated. He did a great with the Raiders in his first stint there, and considering the organization that cant be understated. He won a Super Bowl with TB, but that was an established team. They went downhill after that, and alot of his shortcomings as a coach were exposed. I think he is a very good coach, but definitely not the legend some make him out to be

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ick. Gads no. Gruden has systematically destroyed the teams he's taken over, TB and and now LV. He may understand the game, but he does not get personnel. Don't forget him trading away Mack and drafting Ferrell w/ the 4th pick in the draft, passing on better players in Josh Allen, Rashan Gary, and Justin Simmons.
Gruden has never been good with young talent. His best coaching jobs have been with teams loaded with veterans. Tampa Bay fell apart fast once they got old because Gruden couldnt develope young players. His "coaching" of Chris Simms is legendary witt TB fans

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He is a good coach, but he had become overrated. He did a great with the Raiders in his first stint there, and considering the organization that cant be understated. He won a Super Bowl with TB, but that was an established team. They went downhill after that, and alot of his shortcomings as a coach were exposed. I think he is a very good coach, but definitely not the legend some make him out to be

I don't consider him a legend, but his TB stint wasn't that bad. He won a Super Bowl and went on to have 3 winning seasons and 3 losing seasons...without an established QB. That was always the biggest issue during his stint in TB.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't consider him a legend, but his TB stint wasn't that bad. He won a Super Bowl and went on to have 3 winning seasons and 3 losing seasons...without an established QB. That was always the biggest issue during his stint in TB.
He did an absolutely horrible developing Simms, thinking he was Bill Parcells or Jimmy Johnson. Gruden is a great coach if you give him an old team like those Raiders were. He had old as dirt Rice and Brown playing like their prime years. And then there was Gannon. He just cant coach young players