When was it that you lost faith in Moore as OC?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And Jimmy and Bill walked away because of it.

My hunch is Moore wants to be HC next and why he hasn’t walked away.

No doubt about it. Payton couldnt wait to get outta here. But that was partly because of Parcells.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There’s nothing imaginary about not wanting to hold our owner totally responsible for the Zeke decision .

You’re just mad at Moore for not walking away like Jimmy and Bill did. Give him time . First offer he gets , he’s probably gone .

I hold Moore responsible like I would hold Garrett responsible for not walking away and or putting up with it. Garrett was perfectly fine with being a puppet and having his HC undermine him. But that was because Garrett knew without Jerry handing him a job he wouldnt be long coaching in the NFL. Which of course is exactly what happened.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're not wrong, but fine line between punk and puppet I suppose.

A guy like Moore, and Garrett before him, is here so Jerry can have his say in the offense, and override the HC if he feels necessary.

Should Moore stand up to Jerry on certain things? Probably. Does he? Lol I think you know the answer.
I’m not sure why we hold the puppet more responsible than the grand master controlling the puppet ?

Sure, if you believe the coaches should revolt and quit. That’s fine . But beyond that you must accept the situation and ultimately hold our leadership responsible . And call it out at every turn .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But your still blaming Moore for following orders . And this is your way of denying that.

Im blaming Moore for being a wussy about it. IF Jerry told me I had to feature and injured Zeke I would go about telling him how we are wasting Pollard by doing so. I would explain that a healthy Zeke is better for our playoff run.

But thats just me. I suppose you would sit there like the greatest puppet of all time and be the "shining light" of some laughable fan that doesnt understand what good coaching looks like. :thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hold Moore responsible like I would hold Garrett responsible for not walking away and or putting up with it. Garrett was perfectly fine with being a puppet and having his HC undermine him. But that was because Garrett knew without Jerry handing him a job he wouldnt be long coaching in the NFL. Which of course is exactly what happened.
I’m not sure why you don’t believe the situation isn’t similar with everyone on our staff .

Moore was basically hand picked and a condition of employment by Jethro for MM. And he’s basically another puppet as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Im blaming Moore for being a wussy about it. IF Jerry told me I had to feature and injured Zeke I would go about telling him how we are wasting Pollard by doing so. I would explain that a healthy Zeke is better for our playoff run.
And what if it didn’t influence Jethro’s decision?

You do realize what our owners issue is with Elliott? And why he’d insist on starting him and playing him more ?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're not wrong, but fine line between punk and puppet I suppose.

A guy like Moore, and Garrett before him, is here so Jerry can have his say in the offense, and override the HC if he feels necessary.

Should Moore stand up to Jerry on certain things? Probably. Does he? Lol I think you know the answer.

No doubt. Moore at this point is a little puppet. Its his funeral. How did that turn our for Garrett? Cant even get a job in the CFL at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not sure why you don’t believe the situation isn’t similar with everyone on our staff .

Moore was basically hand picked and a condition of employment by Jethro for MM. And he’s basically another puppet as well.

I have already stated he is another puppet. You either win respect or you dont. Chumps like Garrett suck because its easier to just follow orders then actually convince someone they are wrong or that there is a better way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And what if it didn’t influence Jethro’s decision?

You do realize what our owners issue is with Elliott? And why he’d insist on starting him and playing him more ?

If it didnt influence old Jethro I would simply tell him not to blame me if things don't work out the way he hopes with the run game or offense. At that point, the egotistical Jerry is on the spot now if things continue to go south for the offense.

But again, that's just me. You obviously would just fall in line like a little puppet.

And come the offseason if Jerry was trying to influence me to stay I would remind him that if he retains me, I want to run the offense my way. And I will play who I want, when I want regardless of salary or reputation.

And if he didnt like it, I would take the first job out of town and wish him luck.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If it didnt influence old Jethro I would simply tell him not to blame me if things don't work out the way he hopes with the run game or offense. At that point, the egotistical Jerry is on the spot now if things continue to go south for the offense.

But again, that's just me. You obviously would just fall in line like a little puppet.

And come the offseason if Jerry was trying to influence me to stay I would remind him that if he retains me, I want to run the offense my way. And I will play who I want, when I want regardless of salary or reputation.

And if he didnt like it, I would take the first job out of town and wish him luck.
We can’t view this in how we would handle it. If it makes you feel any better I’d agree.

But all we can do is analyze how it is being handled . And if Jethro is drawing in his puppet strings then that’s where the buck stops.

I think it’s important to expose our ownership for why he’s making these decisions . Our local paper and some of our owners harshic critics have .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have already stated he is another puppet. You either win respect or you dont. Chumps like Garrett suck because its easier to just follow orders then actually convince someone they are wrong or that there is a better way.
Everyone in Jethro era with exception of Jimmy and Bill have basically been puppets . That’s condition of employment .

It sounds like your anger and frustration are pointed in wrong direction.

But it’s why it’s difficult to take this franchise serious anymore when it comes to football operations because winning isn’t the absolute priority. This issue with Elliott is a perfect example .

reddyuta

Reaction score
tbh i was hoping some team will give him the HC job,i guess they are not that stupid.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We can’t view this in how we would handle it. If it makes you feel any better I’d agree.

But all we can do is analyze how it is being handled . And if Jethro is drawing in his puppet strings then that’s where the buck stops.

I think it’s important to expose our ownership for why he’s making these decisions . Our local paper and some of our owners harshic critics have .

You asked me point blank what if Jerry didnt do what I said.

I think local media is soft on Jerry. Its a big reason why he never changes anything.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No doubt. Moore at this point is a little puppet. Its his funeral. How did that turn our for Garrett? Cant even get a job in the CFL at this point.
In certain ways, Garrett hasn't left the damn building.

I'd elaborate if it wouldnt ruin my lunch lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Everyone in Jethro era with exception of Jimmy and Bill have basically been puppets . That’s condition of employment .

It sounds like your anger and frustration are pointed in wrong direction.

But it’s why it’s difficult to take this franchise serious anymore when it comes to football operations because winning isn’t the absolute priority. This issue with Elliott is a perfect example .

LOL...........in case you forgot, I started this thread about losing faith in Moore.

Again, you are arguing with imaginary people about imaginary things.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In certain ways, Garrett hasn't left the damn building.

I'd elaborate if it wouldnt ruin my lunch lol.

Any way you slice it, MM is worlds better then Garrett and Moore is a big step up from the horrid Garrett as OC.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I have a few issues with Moore, but ultimately I think he's a pretty good play caller. I don't think personnel issues can be placed on any OC (that is HC and, in our case, owner).

I do have a problem with his WR routes begin predictable (sticks) that allowed DB to sit on them.

I think in the end he was hampered by the OL & RB positions that didn't allow him to do what he wanted. When teams get get pressure consistently with just 4 & you have no run game, and getting league high penalties, there's only so much you can do.