When Will Jerry Jones Fire Mike McCarthy?

When is doomsday for McCarthy in Dallas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only way Jerry makes an in season move is if the team is something like 1-7 or 2-6 through 8 games similar to what happened with Wade Phillips in 2010.

I don't see a path for McCarthy to come back in 2025 though. He's really being setup for failure this season if the success threshold is NFC Championship game or bust which is pretty ridiculous to consider with this roster.

shabazz

Reaction score
Week 11 is his last game.

The Texans embarrass Jerry , we become 3-7 and proves who the best team in Texas is and MM pays the price for a sorry roster.

Hallelujah, Holla back

CWR

Reaction score
Not until the check has cleared and cheepo isn't burning "dead coaching money."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is silly. he isn't firing him in season so most of the answers aren't even relevant.
I extremely doubt Jerry Jones will punt Mike McCarthy in-season as well since I doubt the team will quit on him before the regular season ends. He has only taken similar action with Wade Phillips for that reasoning during the past three decades.

I do agree in the silliness. No poll is created from omnipotent foreknowledge. The options are for what might happen--not for what will happen with certainty. Heck. I think I know what Jones will do in numerous situations after observing him for all this time but even I will not claim I cannot be wrong in what he might actually do.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if he gets fired in season. Wouldn't be all that surprised if he is offered another contract soon after season's end. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if he fades quietly into the sunset at the end of his contract.

I'd predict it's at least 50/50 he is here next season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m not even sure he’s gonna get fired. I think with the amount of turnover on this roster if they show strides of improvement and development from Lance, I think Jerry rolls with McCarthy longer, but that’s just my opinion. The guy went out of his way to credit Mike For Dak’s season. I think if you were looking to make a change at quarterback next year, probably might want to keep the guy around who can coach QB’s.

Not saying it’s the right answer just something I think is a real possibility.
Yeah but you're leaving out an important thing if he was that confident and gave him all that credit and somehow McCarthy's safe, why leave him a lame duck, last year on his contract ??

if he was that confident in Mike McCarthy he would have got a new deal he did not so let's calm down on somehow Jerry's got confidence in Mike passed this season...

he's not gonna fire him in season because you can start a season three and five we already saw it Jason Garrett turned his team around with one trade, literally finished ten and six and went to the second round of the playoffs...

so no slow start he will not get fired literally he will have the entire year to catch up because this roster is full of rookies new players a lot of holes in it so if he's fired it's gonna be after the season is over whether that be a playoff game or after week 18.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah but you're leaving out an important thing if he was that confident and gave him all that credit and somehow McCarthy's safe, why leave him a lame duck, last year on his contract ??

if he was that confident in Mike McCarthy he would have got a new deal he did not so let's calm down on somehow Jerry's got confidence in Mike passed this season...

he's not gonna fire him in season because you can start a season three and five we already saw it Jason Garrett turned his team around with one trade, literally finished ten and six and went to the second round of the playoffs...

so no slow start he will not get fired literally he will have the entire year to catch up because this roster is full of rookies new players a lot of holes in it so if he's fired it's gonna be after the season is over whether that be a playoff game or after week 18.
What coach has GM Jethro fired mid season?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Of course, this thread assumes that MM will be fired at some point in the 2024 year, yet to be determined.
It's not guaranteed, by any means!:popcorn: Nevertheless, according to the way Jerry set things up, it's likely.

Last edited: