When Will Jerry Jones Fire Mike McCarthy?

When is doomsday for McCarthy in Dallas?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

silver

Reaction score
His contract is up at the end of the season. In essence Jerry will never fire McCarthy but they'll be parting ways in the end of this football year whenever it ends.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, this thread assumes that MM will be fired at some point in the 2024 year, yet to be determined.
It's not guaranteed, by any means!:popcorn:
Why is it that previous threads and posts have speculated Mike McCarthy would get fired this upcoming season but without any real disagreement with the possibility? Then, the possibility is quantified, presented as a poll, and some members suddenly and summarily dismiss the probability?

I love CowboysZone. :)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just my take, but I don't think they evaluate MM solely on W/L record. This team can miss the playoffs with MM coaching one of the best season of his career.

Reaction score
Take a guess when Jones will finally divorce himself from his current head coach. Deadline to vote is June 1.
Pretty easy looking schedule really, Id say MM makes it thru the season unless they fall below .500.
He may even get extended, the QB and personnel decisions aren't his doing,,, could be he sucks but we'll never know for sure because of The Meddler.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are people reading this poll right? 77% don't think he'll be fired this year? What?

I guess technically he won't be. They just won't give him another contract.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are people reading this poll right? 77% don't think he'll be fired this year? What?

I guess technically he won't be. They just won't give him another contract.
Glad someone pointed out the final voting option.

plymkr

Reaction score
My prediction is end of the season. Jerry won’t fire him mid season because that will prove he was wrong to bring him back.

plymkr

Reaction score
I also want to further predict if the team gives up on McCarthy like they did Wade then Jerry will make a QB change before firing McCarthy. If Dak isn’t signed long term and we go 1-7 or something then I see a QB change before a HC firing.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn’t matter who the HC, Jerry will fire them when the team fails because of Jerry and son’s bad management decisions…because they cannot be held accountable.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think he will be more Jason Garrett than Wade Phillips. His contract will be allowed to run out and that'll be the end of it.

If the players do go Wade mode on McCarthy though, then Jerry won't have a choice.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I'll say this, if they have losing record by wk 10. I could see him getting blasted, and Zimmer as interim.

Dont think Jerry wants to waste another year of his life, watching his team not make playoffs.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I remember joining this forum in my high school computer class back in 05. I'm now married with a job, a wife, our second home, and we're going to start working on kids. I'll be 40 and Guyton will still be on his rookie deal. If you told me then I still wouldn't have seen us ever even make an NFC title game I would've laughed hysterically at you.

Sigh

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
End of the season.

Then we enter the Zimmer era.
I see Dak on the bench following the niners game and a 2-5 start. Enter Lance and Mike gets a chance to show what he can do with him. If it goes to pot and he sucks, they clean house for 2025 and BB is brought in to give the fanbase a shot in the arm. If Lance goes on a winning streak and the season ends on an up note, Dak is gone and MM is given a 3 year extension to see if he can build on 2024.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Barring a Green Bay style meltdown in the middle of the season, he’ll survive the year. Jerry doesn’t like to pay people to sit at home.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Week 11 is his last game.

The Texans embarrass Jerry , we become 3-7 and proves who the best team in Texas is and MM pays the price for a sorry roster.

Hallelujah, Holla back
You’re just flapping lips. Just your hate filled agenda opinion.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It's going to depend on the trajectory of the season if this starts tanking bad or if the locker room goes to he'll which I can see happening given what was seen in the off-season, Macarthy will be gone early. Otherwise Jones will keep him on till the end. Personally I don't think just swapping out McCarthy is going to address the real situation which is the limitation at QB that us hindering your ability to field an offense that isn't predictable