When Will Jerry Jones Fire Mike McCarthy?

When is doomsday for McCarthy in Dallas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rambo2

Reaction score
He won't fire him. McCarthy will be the coach when Jerry is gone.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy won't be fired, his contract is up at the end of the season so just like with Garrett, they'll probably just move on if he doesn't have a deep playoff run....
I say if you dont renew a contract its the same as fired. You are gone, dismissed, not needed, unwanted, disatisfied with, fired.

You can sugar coat it if you must.

Siroky

Reaction score
If they don’t reach the nfc championship/ or maybe the Super Bowl - next season Axe Mike and the contact year players that don’t lead them there. If they do, keep them together

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we are unprepared and lose to Cleveland and start 0-3 that will do it.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are people reading this poll right? 77% don't think he'll be fired this year? What?

I guess technically he won't be. They just won't give him another contract.
I'm reading it as he won't be fired during the season. I don't think he will be if Lance shows a lot of progress.

Majic

Reaction score
I think Mike needs to win 2 of first 5 games minimum, else there will be huge pressure

blueblood70

Reaction score
He can't fire him at the end of the season.
That's semantics bro

it literally basically not getting a new contract is like being fired being released not attained I mean that's being fired I know what you're saying but the man would still have to seek a new job he isn't quitting therefore he's basically he's being fired....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Mike needs to win 2 of first 5 games minimum, else there will be huge pressure
the first eight games of the year are far worse and I mean a gauntlet compared to the second-half they got to keep that in mind the fact that he saw Jason Garrett go from 3:00 and 5:00 to 10:00 and 6:00 and go to the second round of the playoffs so I don't think he's gonna fire him at any point during the season because there will be no point I mean the expectations is they didn't add a whole bunch of big time free agents that didn't go all in and load up they're just making a run at it with basically the same roster as last year or at least they'll be similar I don't think it'll be worse I don't think it's improved but there is no expectation this man's going to the Super bowl this year and a slow start doesn't mean it's the end of the world...

But I just don't see a reason he would be let go giving these on a lame duck deal I mean he's on his only year a whole bunch of players weren't signed I mean I think they're just gonna see how he ends the season good or bad jerries this is his lying in the sand for players and coaches let's see what you got and we'll reevaluate when the season's over..

kskboys

Reaction score
The only way Jerry makes an in season move is if the team is something like 1-7 or 2-6 through 8 games similar to what happened with Wade Phillips in 2010.

I don't see a path for McCarthy to come back in 2025 though. He's really being setup for failure this season if the success threshold is NFC Championship game or bust which is pretty ridiculous to consider with this roster.
Have you seen our schedule?