When you know that you don't care anymore

Mannix

Reaction score
------Most definitely. I am filled with spirit, saved by the son, and all praise to the father. And I remember his 4th commandment that was given at the creation.

And I remember the 7th or 8th commandment...depending on what list you are using....Jerrah is STEALING money from every fool buying Cowboy merch and filing into his stupid Three RIng Circus of a stadium.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
------Most definitely. I am filled with spirit, saved by the son, and all praise to the father. And I remember his 4th commandment that was given at the creation.

And I remember the 7th or 8th commandment...depending on what list you are using....Jerrah is STEALING money from every fool buying Cowboy merch and filing into his stupid Three RIng Circus of a stadium.

haha, clever

Only one commandment says to remember, and that is important. There was a calendar that all of creation goes by, and appointed days and a sabbath to meet with him, and that all things will be fulfilled by.

Some dudes in A.D. 300 changing those, is not what to go by

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
For over 40 years now, I used to go into every season memorizing the schedule of our first 5 or 6 games...home and away....this year, I've not known....or cared about....our next opponent until late the week prior....why freaking bother??? I have FINALLY accepted the fact that until Jerry can no longer take a breath, we are not winning anything....period!!! And that may include Stephen who hoards FA money like its being pulled directly out of his front pocket. Anyone with me on this, or experiencing any thing similar?
Just look at reality and knowing the injuries to this team won’t allow them to win a playoff game. You can’t win without both OTs and your starting QB.

If you have no chance to win in the playoffs why bother with the angst. Just go for the draft pick.

starman22

Reaction score
For over 40 years now, I used to go into every season memorizing the schedule of our first 5 or 6 games...home and away....this year, I've not known....or cared about....our next opponent until late the week prior....why freaking bother??? I have FINALLY accepted the fact that until Jerry can no longer take a breath, we are not winning anything....period!!! And that may include Stephen who hoards FA money like its being pulled directly out of his front pocket. Anyone with me on this, or experiencing any thing similar?

I'm not even sure without looking who we are playing this weekend.

I will watch it though, whether through streaming or on tv, haven't checked to see which it will be this week.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I would not say that I dont care anymore about the games because I still watch them every week, but I dont let the outcome of the game affect me.

So I guess its more that I dont really care about the outcomes as much as I did when I was younger. I used to get pissed and stay pissed for days when the Cowboys lost, now I am over a loss in like 2 min. Maybe being older makes you more mature and you realize that there are a hell of a lot more important things in life than if the Cowboys win or lose.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
part of it is just getting older lol
as you get older things that used to excite you dont anymore.
and we get wiser with age, so you dont see the game and nfl like you used to.
Add to that the current nfl is like the jones cowboys, it aint what it used to be.
The players are also vastly different, a bunch of diva's that make millions, and celebrate anything they do.

Then add jones boys, 25 years of them and mediocrity, and it gets old, and it is natural to lose interest.
But they keep making more money, because there are new younger dumber fans to take our place.
The stadium is always full, and cowboy ratings on tv are still the highest of nfl teams.

I will add that the garret era which started in 2007, got worse in 2010, wore me out.
I started to lose interest after the 2009 beatdown by minnesota.
By 2012 I started developing interest in other teams, and nfl as a whole.
I enjoyed the 2014 season, then later the 2016 season.
not much though in last 4 years except other teams I was into.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
For over 40 years now, I used to go into every season memorizing the schedule of our first 5 or 6 games...home and away..

You did? I never knew who the Cowboys were going to play because it was nearly impossible to find a schedule in the prehistoric 70s and 80s!

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'm very casual now as a fan. Can't stand that an idiot like Zeke is the go to guy. Can't stand the lack of all out effort from too many players on the team. Can't stand the father/son GM.

I watch if I'm free. This Sunday was invited to go on a boat ride,sure ain't missing that for this team.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I would not say that I dont care anymore about the games because I still watch them every week, but I dont let the outcome of the game affect me.

So I guess its more that I dont really care about the outcomes as much as I did when I was younger. I used to get pissed and stay pissed for days when the Cowboys lost, now I am over a loss in like 2 min. Maybe being older makes you more mature and you realize that there are a hell of a lot more important things in life than if the Cowboys win or lose.
i have been watching cowboys football for years but now when i watch if they lose its like meh then move on have started paying a lot of attention to the kansas city chiefs until jerry is gone their is no hope that the cowboys will ever win any thing